Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

Come on,7 changes.Do we not allow a fairly new manager the chance to take a gamble,and fail/learn,this early in his career? 

Fergie* spent a whole first season chopping and changing til he got up to speed.Its embarassing the ranting this early in the season

*Not that I think Glass is in his league

We allowed the changes/gamble v Livi & got lucky. He never learned from it though & THAT is the biggest issue after the fact we’re already out of a cup. 

This second lesson/learning has come too late as far as defensive signings needed even though there has been plenty of warnings on that front in pretty much every game (even the ones we’ve won) 

3 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Fucking brutal reading most of this shite. It’s SPORT, shit happens. Everyone will be in a much better place to learn from things today. Lots of work to do. Shitting the bed isn’t one of them.

How many times before Glass is in said better place to learn? Just wondering if he’s a slow or quick learner. Signs aren’t obvious at all for the latter as this most certainly wasn’t the first lesson in our short season so far

Glass hasn’t even had one transfer window to assemble a squad capable of competing in 4 competitions, yet people are pissing their pants about this. It’s embarrassing.

I’m sure everyone has been more positive than they were expecting so far this season. We’re dealing with human beings, who are erratic - Glass now knows more about some of these players than he did since he joined, a mere 5 months ago.

Settle the fuck down.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How many times before Glass is in said better place to learn? Just wondering if he’s a slow or quick learner. Signs aren’t obvious at all for the latter as this most certainly wasn’t the first lesson in our short season so far

But yet he has been commended for making quick decisions during matches, pointing to the fact he has learned and made big changes. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think anyone is wetting the bed. 

But the signs were there last Sunday at Livingston that there was a huge drop off when too many players were rested. 

Yet he did it again. 

And we're out of the cup in a tie that we had the resources to win. 

5 subs allowed in the league cup as well?

It was the wrong call to rest so many players and if we could see it coming why couldn't the management team?

Surely that's a fair conclusion? 

What were your thoughts after the first half?

25 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Never have I agreed with you more Bert.

No one that you allege to support, deserves to be booed. Soon as that starts, the divide between club and fans is reinforced. We win and lose as a club. As a supporter, you are part of that club and yes, as much as it's hard to take it on the chin and suck it up, you face the World with a stiff upper lip. Dunno how many games I've witnessed where the supporters start booing and the opposition feed off that. Anyone that truly believes it as a positive effect, other than just pacifying your own childish tantrum, need to f*ck right off.

It’s always been like that. Our fans are the most negative in the country.

23 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Should we all just be "meh" after every game? Win, lose or draw. 

Don't worry I'm sure my hysteria will subside after one of the players explains in the paper how they're going to make it up to us by winning a meaningless league game. 

You just get on with it really. Maybe you need to make some life evaluations?

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah, yeah. Hear this sort of thing every year after yet another cup defeat. 

Sooper-hanz has it spot on. 

No, the poster you quoted is right. Your automatic leap to the ultra-negative speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fans who are happy to lap up the adulation of the players for a great support, but turn at the drop of a hat when we hot a bump in the road. Did Celtic fans boo their team off the park when they lost to Hearts? Booing your own players is the most hunnish thing ever. I've long held this belief and will do til the day I depart this turf. Do they need any reminding of how they let themselves and us down today? No, but can you imagine what Brown was thinking as he walked his team over to us to hear folk booing him. Probably reinforces the stereotypical views anyone outside of Aberdeen has of us. Feckin mutants.

I’d put my fucking life on Celtic fans booing after the Hearts result. 

Brown is probably thinking they’ve let the fans down and deserve the booing. 

Don’t write a long winded response. It just makes your posts boring.

After Thursday it will be ‘was always too big an ask this season, next season though’

speculate to accumulate has been boaked at by board & they have hoped for miraculous luck.

Getting what they’ve earned now in terms of abuse & criticism even though some will still desperately try to alienate/belittle  those moaning. 

Can’t lap up praise & not accept criticism. Judgement is about both/truth 

Said all along that even within all these 100’s of joyous victories that the defensive side of things is more that a little worrying for season ahead but biggest worry is the time it is taking Glass to see it (which he still hasn’t even hinted at seeing) 

Not like I am only bitching because we’re out of the cup. I have commented on the defensive joke we are through middle of defence even in the wins. It’s fkn painfully apparent. Couple of wins (against what is still not apparent of the the quality of opposition) do not mask this

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think anyone is wetting the bed. 

But the signs were there last Sunday at Livingston that there was a huge drop off when too many players were rested. 

Yet he did it again. 

And we're out of the cup in a tie that we had the resources to win. 

5 subs allowed in the league cup as well?

It was the wrong call to rest so many players and if we could see it coming why couldn't the management team?

Surely that's a fair conclusion? 

How does he build a squad capable of competing if he doesn’t play them? He needs to rotate - the problem he has is some of the players haven’t performed to the level he expected. So does he never play the same players from Livingston, and destroy the squad, or does he give them a chance to rectify snd contribute? This is a long game. His predecessor had ~16 transfer windows to assemble most of the players in our squad. He needs an educated opinion on characters, he’s got a better insight now.

Embarrassing.

Just now, 1983 said:

How does he build a squad capable of competing if he doesn’t play them? He needs to rotate - the problem he has is some of the players haven’t performed to the level he expected. So does he never play the same players from Livingston, and destroy the squad, or does he give them a chance to rectify snd contribute? This is a long game. His predecessor had ~16 transfer windows to assemble most of the players in our squad. He needs an educated opinion on characters, he’s got a better insight now.

Embarrassing.

Do you not see any merit in starting some of the seven that were rested? 

Especially when you're allowed 5 subs in the league cup? 

It didn't have to be all or nothing in the initial team selection today. 

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s always been like that. Our fans are the most negative in the country.

You just get on with it really. Maybe you need to make some life evaluations?

No, the poster you quoted is right. Your automatic leap to the ultra-negative speaks volumes.

Haha. You're deluding yourself. Every year this happens. Fans complain about getting knocked out of cup and others tell them to calm down etc, shit happens. And we never do any better the year after. 

With Aberdeen, winning cups is on the never never. Glass being a new manager, not having enough windows etc, is just another excuse. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

No, you go apoplectic with joy when we win, cheer a draw if it's deserved, and just go, ah well, life sucks today, if we lose. I was entertained with 1st half and equally left furstrated by the 2nd. I was glum, doon in the moo, fair skunnered at the final whistle. But shit happens. My love and support for AFC remains in tact though and my big boy pants are as dry as a nun chuff.

I don't really get into the fascination over personalities of posters on here. I prefer to just read posts for what they are. But you my friend, are nae right in the heid. Glass nearly empty is how I'd describe you, let alone half foo.

Not sure you'll see the irony in that statement, but everyone's entitled to an opinion blah blah blah.

That’s your opinion but it doesn’t give you the right to decide how others should feel. What you are happy/contented with for your team is YOURS alone. How others feel about the team seems to bother you more than apparent failings in team. You can accept those but not the criticism of them ?

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Fucking hell man it's still August.

& a shit ton happens before august is oot. 
We can now be out of two competitions by end of August & with little time to fix reasons why, or then an excuse not to as less required ?

7 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I booed at full time and make no apology for doing so. That 2nd half performance was a disgrace. 

We have yet to keep a clean sheet and have yet to play any of the top 6 Premiership sides or any quality opposition in Europe.

Qarabag will hardly be quaking in their boots at facing this Aberdeen side.

Wrong. 

7 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I booed at full time and make no apology for doing so. That 2nd half performance was a disgrace. 

We have yet to keep a clean sheet and have yet to play any of the top 6 Premiership sides or any quality opposition in Europe.

Qarabag will hardly be quaking in their boots at facing this Aberdeen side.

Kept a clean sheet against Dundee United. 

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d put my fucking life on Celtic fans booing after the Hearts result. 

Brown is probably thinking they’ve let the fans down and deserve the booing. 

Don’t write a long winded response. It just makes your posts boring.

Absolutely Celtic fans would have booed, most of them would have fucked off well before the final whistle as well. 

I also agree on Brown, I doubt he’s at a stage where he just accepts a below par performance from teammates because he’s retiring soon. He will be mortified.

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Haha. You're deluding yourself. Every year this happens. Fans complain about getting knocked out of cup and others tell them to calm down etc, shit happens. And we never do any better the year after. 

With Aberdeen, winning cups is on the never never. Glass being a new manager, not having enough windows etc, is just another excuse. 

So why is that then? What’s the reason AFC can’t win trophies despite numerous changes in personnel?

What does having a breakdown after losing a game achieve?

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you not see any merit in starting some of the seven that were rested? 

Especially when you're allowed 5 subs in the league cup? 

It didn't have to be all or nothing in the initial team selection today. 

Of course I see the danger of resting 7. Glass’ problem is that the 7 that came in didn’t do the job. Brown, as an example, is 36 going on 37, if we’re not capable of playing Raith Rovers without him then our problem is not Scott Brown, our problem is the others that came in. Glass will know this. Imagine he played Brown, Mackenzie, Ramsey and one of them got injured like Hedges? He would have been slated by the same people, and we would be starting with a weaker team for a harder match. On paper, he did the right thing.

It can be argued any which way people want, but the fact of it is that this is a young manager, with an under-developed squad that needs time to figure things out. But as I’ve said, it’s sport.

48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was pleased we were ahead but thought we'd let them off the hook,after a good start and they were getting a foothold just before half time. 

But a game lasts 90 minutes. 

What we're your thoughts at half time?

He took a gamble last weekend,got away with it,took another this and it seemed like he was getting away with it again.If wed won,it would have been seen as a good exercise to get more players accustomed to the new set up and be ready to step in in future?.

Didna work out though,but ach, its a good laugh* trying ?

*or youll end up like F'n'D

Just now, 1983 said:

Of course I see the danger of resting 7. Glass’ problem is that the 7 that came in didn’t do the job. Brown, as an example, is 36 going on 37, if we’re not capable of playing Raith Rovers without him then our problem is not Scott Brown, our problem is the others that came in. Glass will know this. Imagine he played Brown, Mackenzie, Ramsey and one of them got injured like Hedges? He would have been slated by the same people, and we would be starting with a weaker team for a harder match. On paper, he did the right thing.

It can be argued any which way people want, but the fact of it is that this is a young manager, with an under-developed squad that needs time to figure things out. But as I’ve said, it’s sport.

So if he knows they aren't up to it then why did he select them all in the starting line up? 

I don't think anyone sensible would have blamed him if he'd started a few of them and one happened to get injured.  Most could see that this was a banana skin. One got injured off the bench anyway so same difference. 

He's got a lot of credit so far for his decision making and rightly so. 

But he got this one wrong and has to take it on the chin.  That's football management. 

• Like 1