Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If Gurr wasn’t a total shitter he’d have cleared that no bother since he had about 10 years to deal with it. You’re knit picking when Gurr made a horrendous error and is fully responsible.

He never shat out anything ffs. He was just far too fucking slow because Zanatta was totally on his blind side and he had no fucking idea he was coming.

Did you even see the match????

3 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

I’m sure I don’t have to explain it to everyone but I will explain it to you. 

It’s quite simple he should catch and hold the first shot. 

Really? Even most of the best keepers in the world are parrying that shot clear of goal like Lewis did.

Gurr had all the time he could have wanted to do literally anything except stand still. His fault, not Lewis.

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Really? Even most of the best keepers in the world are parrying that shot clear of goal like Lewis did.

Gurr had all the time he could have wanted to do literally anything except stand still. His fault, not Lewis.

I agree that's what they do now.

Half decent ones don't push it right out though.........they make sure it goes sideways/out for a corner. 

Absolutely 50% on Lewis

16 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Eh? There's was f*ck all in the 1st half apart from a flukey Anderson goal. Raith's performance in 2nd half today was light years better than anything the hammer throwers were playing in the 1st half. Brown was always coming on 2nd half, as I'm sure were others. OK, potentially got a win out of a draw, but you armchair managers think you have all the answers. What do you want him to do? Play the strongest 11 twice a week for the first 6 weeks of the season and risk ruining players through injury and the rest of our season potentially? Those who say, he didn't learn his lesson, don't really appreciate what the subtle differences between being a fan and a coach are all about.

I’m glad we have experts like you to put it all in context. League cup was a trophy we had a fighting chance of winning. One of two this season. But of course we shouldn’t concentrate on that. No let’s concentrate on something we have no chance in because we just might get a bit of cash… or we might not. 

57 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

If you were trying to convince us all that your mantra of 'less is more' works, then I think you just dispelled the myth. Boring potentially as you disagree. The amount of words in my posts doesn't really materially impact the content, you dullard.

Not really. Not if your actions have a negative impact on the side. I'll rightly call you out in the stands or on a forum for potentially making matters worse. Support the side, but if you can't do that, then just STFU. Nothing positive to say, then say nothing - isn't that the saying? (but I pays me money and that gives me the right to boo... blah blah). Try going to St James Park and booing a defeated Newcastle. You'd rightly be kicked in your mangina.

Who's happy clapping at that? I applauded the players to try and drown out the knobs who were booing. I wasn't saying, well done for losing... more so, I've got yer backs lads. We win and lose as a family.

Lowly? Mid table Championship side with a proven manager/coach at the helm away from home? You have a bit of a sense of superiority pal. Had that been the McInnes side of April 2021, would that defeat have been anything other than anticipated?

It's always been woke... just woke was never a word that existed in society until recently in reality. I'd say what it was before was simply called fickle.

I'll bo when I want. I'll boo when I waaaaaant. I'm a wee baby... I'll boo when I want.

You have no idea what woke actually means do you?

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree that's what they do now.

Half decent ones don't push it right out though.........they make sure it goes sideways/out for a corner. 

Absolutely 50% on Lewis

He didn’t push it “right out” though. It was to the side to an area where there were no Raith players and plenty time for the Gurr to deal with it. 

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He never shat out anything ffs. He was just far too fucking slow because Zanatta was totally on his blind side and he had no fucking idea he was coming.

Did you even see the match????

I mean shitter as he is shit.

For what it’s worth he takes a look behind him.

I was at the game actually so that’s a weird comment.

Missed the game today, but have seen the goals. I was going to watch the re-run on RedTV but I don't think I'll bother, doesn't sound like we even played well or created many chances.

The starting line up, on paper, should have been capable of beating Raith Rovers. Likely two main reasons why they didn't - 1) too many changes to the lineup and players not getting the chance to bed in and build understanding with teammates 2) too many of the players are not as good on the pitch as they are on paper - prime examples are guys like Hayes and McGinn - great names to have on the team-sheet, but pretty abysmal on the park for the past year. 

You'd like to think Glass will not make the same mistake 3 times... he's already done it twice now - first time he got away with it, this time he didn't. 

Those who saw the game, how was Jenks today? He's been utterly hopeless in every other game with the exception of one snapshot that hit the net against Livi. We're probably going to have to endure more of him and McLennan now if Hayes and Hedges are injured for several weeks. Might even end up with Kennedy back in the team. What a thought.

13 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I’m glad we have experts like you to put it all in context. League cup was a trophy we had a fighting chance of winning. One of two this season. But of course we shouldn’t concentrate on that. No let’s concentrate on something we have no chance in because we just might get a bit of cash… or we might not. 

Who mentioned anything about not concentrating on trying to win today? I certainly didn't. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth though. I said it's a juggling act and you go in to every comp trying to win it. But you can only piss with the cock you have, and today, he was trying to manage his squad... a newish sort of squad... by giving lads like Gurr, Jenks etc a chance. That they did in the 1st half, but 2nd half a complete turnaround. Not like we were gubbed over 90 mins. But a cup game is a cup game and we aint in the hat. But if we make the groups of Conference, then that'll soon be forgot IMHO.

8 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

You have no idea what woke actually means do you?

Actually, I do. It's about the erosion of values that saw the World stand up and take a kick in the nuts and just get on with it. Now, we have pansies in our support who think they have the right to be virtue signalers by booing when the slightest thing goes against them. Tis more about them getting their desperate attention seeking out of their system than how they think that may improve the situation. Did any of you old farts out there remember booing a Fergie side when they lost a game or got knocked out of the cup?

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The starting line up, on paper, should have been capable of beating Raith Rovers. Likely two main reasons why they didn't - 1) too many changes to the lineup and players not getting the chance to bed in and build understanding with teammates 2) too many of the players are not as good on the pitch as they are on paper - prime examples are guys like Hayes and McGinn - great names to have on the team-sheet, but pretty abysmal on the park for the past year.

1. They were running circles round them in first half so that doesn't hold much weight.

2. Gurr was the main culprit..... simple as that. After we went behind, two things happned.... they lifted their game and we dropped ours (fatigue, we bit of lack of confidence/spark).

We lost. We'll no doubt lose again in the near future. It's how you deal with that that stands you apart from the pansies in life.

30 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

1. They were running circles round them in first half so that doesn't hold much weight.

2. Gurr was the main culprit..... simple as that. After we went behind, two things happned.... they lifted their game and we dropped ours (fatigue, we bit of lack of confidence/spark).

We lost. We'll no doubt lose again in the near future. It's how you deal with that that stands you apart from the pansies in life.

And how should we deal with it. 
Imagine that 1-0 at half time with possession but no return represents progress? I accept that we will lose but should assess games and their importance and plan accordingly. If you genuinely think the Pittodrie management gave the game the same effort and priority as Brieidablik then it didn’t show in the response and choices on the pitch. I’d like Aberdeen FC to win something. I know we won’t win everything so we need to prioritise what we think is important. I think the manager chose poorly. That was a trophy we can win. I accept Glass has a lot to learn - I wonder if he does. 
1-0 at halftime is only a work in progress and surely we all know that you can’t judge the result or performance at half-time but after the game is done. We lost. 

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Not really. Not if your actions have a negative impact on the side. I'll rightly call you out in the stands or on a forum for potentially making matters worse. Support the side, but if you can't do that, then just STFU. Nothing positive to say, then say nothing - isn't that the saying? 

It’s the actions from the side/manager that causes the negative reactions (& your perceived impact) on the side. They aren’t blameless & should be just a able to take the criticism as plaudits from the fans. Fk you & your over protective bs credit just for participating. It’s cunts like you that breed a year on year acceptance of mediocrity. 
you bitch about fans negative reactions to team affecting them like they’re wee kids competing in school sports day & taking a huff ?

You are so full of shite. & yes you are easily on the ‘happy to compete’ (aka) happy clapper bus (which just so happens to be yellow) ?‍♂️

you get more upset about other fans reactions to team/manager letting us down than you actually do to the actual reason.

You jump on the protective band wagon & beat that drum. 

Oooh ooooh ooooh & braveheartedly say you will angrily call out the fans that show their frustrations in such a way it might hurt YOUR precious wee players feelings ? fk off ya fkn beaut. You cannot even see the ridiculousness of your arrogance & discounting of those that aren’t in your wee happy acceptance bubble.

Basically you are indeed a happy clapping cunt but one that thinks he’s above the rest as well ?

6 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

And how should we deal with it. 
Imagine that 1-0 at half time with possession but no return represents progress? I accept that we will lose but should assess games and their importance and plan accordingly. If you genuinely think the Pittodrie management gave the game the same effort and priority as Brieidablik then it didn’t show in the response and choices on the pitch. I’d like Aberdeen FC to win something. I know we won’t win everything so we need to prioritise what we think is important. I think the manager chose poorly. That was a trophy we can win. I accept Glass has a lot to learn - I wonder if he does. 
1-0 at halftime is only a work in progress and surely we all know that you can’t judge the result or performance at half-time but after the game is done. We lost. 

Depends if his gamble pays off!, regardless of the result the fact is we would have got Celtic away, historically we don’t do well there.

if we get through into the group stages the financial reward would easily surpass what we could have got even winning the diddy cup.

in a perfect world, we go on to beat raith and have a crack at Celtic, and qualify for the group stages but I know which one I would have picked given the choice.

sadly the injuries at the end and not being able to rest the players he wanted could backfire for the European game, hoping we pull out all the stops for Thursday.

your right though winning cups are important for us but it is the managers first full year in the door, il give him a couple of transfer windows, time to shape his squad, by then he will be under the microscope of all of us.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

In the eighties keepers would catch that shot. Far too much pattery shite these days, parrying everything. If he wants to do that he has to ensure it goes behind for a corner. At absolute worst, send it well to the side from where any shot would be from too acute an angle. 

Cowan got it absolutely correct when he called out Lewis for it. Mind you he played with Leighton. A keeper who Lewis isn't fit to even clean his boots for

Nae often I do this but I wholeheartedly agree the fucking pathetic  way they clap, slap, pat, thump, palm , punch , fist, claw, shots sway now is a fucking disgrace, I love seeing a keeper make a flying catch as much as a great goal,  the keepers in the 80s and 90s must be shaking thier heads when they see the various ways that keepers clear the ball nowadays, 

Catch the ball , take the pressure off the defence, and build your own confidence.

16 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Nae often I do this but I wholeheartedly agree the fucking pathetic  way they clap, slap, pat, thump, palm , punch , fist, claw, shots sway now is a fucking disgrace, I love seeing a keeper make a flying catch as much as a great goal,  the keepers in the 80s and 90s must be shaking thier heads when they see the various ways that keepers clear the ball nowadays, 

Catch the ball , take the pressure off the defence, and build your own confidence.

I agree but similarly our winner at livi came from one of the rare occasions a keeper tried to catch it. 

I'm no expert but I imagine there's a reason keepers avoid even trying to hold it. 

Awful result.

First half we passed the ball about fine, didn't look in much trouble, but in reality created absolutely fuck all in the way of clear chances.

Second half was just fukcing horrific. Real shite effort and performance.

Gurr looked decent in 1st half bombing up that wing and managing to get some decent crosses in.

His defending 2nd half though. Jesus. At fault for the first, then cataclysmically at fault for the second.

Though Lewis lying still on the ground from the first shot (which he should have dealt with better) did not help.

McRorie was fucking murder. Amount of times he lost the ball with real shite passing was intolerable.

Jenks very erratic, does a nice turn now and then, but final ball generally falling short.

McGinn and Hayes, bar McGinn's layoff for the goal and a couple of decent crosses from Hayes in 2nd half, struggling to see them providing much value for the team going forward.

Jet, fine finish some neat touches, but still comes across as a luxury at times.

Aaaaand Funso. Reverts to type.

Acknowledged he did well on Thursday, so only right to acknowledge how fucking useless he was today.

7 opportunities with the ball in the final quarter.

2 x shots completely fluffed, usual embarrassing efforts.

2 x crosses, hopelessly weak.

3 x opportunities to play a simple through ball to a team mate open in and advanced goalscoring position - fucked up woefully on each occasion.

Only starter for me with pass marks is Gallagher who was solid enough. Maybe McGoogh as well, didn't do much wrong, sometimes a bit slow in linking up play.

Hedges was rank when he came on, Brown never really took a grip of the match as we may have expected, and Ramirez completely let down by those supposed to be providing the ammo for him.

Ramsay was fantastic. Only player who looked bothered about trying to get an equaliser.

Stephen, well as mentioned many times through this thread, perhaps you should have taken heed from Livi and the woeful performance in the first half there when all those changes were made to the starting XI.

I hope you can learn from it this time around, though obviously too late now for the League Cup.

A cup that realistically represents 1 of our 2 chances of lifting a trophy.

The above should probably have been uppermost in your mind when making your team selection for the game.

8 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Depends if his gamble pays off!, regardless of the result the fact is we would have got Celtic away, historically we don’t do well there.

if we get through into the group stages the financial reward would easily surpass what we could have got even winning the diddy cup.

in a perfect world, we go on to beat raith and have a crack at Celtic, and qualify for the group stages but I know which one I would have picked given the choice.

sadly the injuries at the end and not being able to rest the players he wanted could backfire for the European game, hoping we pull out all the stops for Thursday.

your right though winning cups are important for us but it is the managers first full year in the door, il give him a couple of transfer windows, time to shape his squad, by then he will be under the microscope of all of us.

Stopped reading at “We would have got Celtic away”

Stupid comment.

Ball numbers would’ve been different. 
We’d have been ball no 4. 
Raith were 8?

Dearie me. 

Fuckin hell @Tinyweelad, booing's been ongoing for decades, its part and parcel of football. Newcastle fans booed Steve Bruce at the end of last season and there was near riots outside Parkhead only months ago. More fool you if you're challenging people in the ground for doing it, especially if you've got the loons with you. 

It was Glass's team selection that deserved the boo's yesterday, not the players. 

9 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Actually, I do. It's about the erosion of values that saw the World stand up and take a kick in the nuts and just get on with it. Now, we have pansies in our support who think they have the right to be virtue signalers by booing when the slightest thing goes against them. Tis more about them getting their desperate attention seeking out of their system than how they think that may improve the situation. Did any of you old farts out there remember booing a Fergie side when they lost a game or got knocked out of the cup?

Is this the same @Tinyweelad who once threatened that he and his fellow professionals might not return as they were closing the RDU?!  

12 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

1. I think people have already spoke at length about some of the issues today. 

2. I'm criticising the manager and the team on forum, which in my and others opinion is deserved. I have no idea why you seem to visualise my criticism in terms of someone sitting at home hysterical having a breakdown - I can assure you I'm not. But I suspect you don't, and you're just trying to belittle me in the hope that I will be too embarrassed to continue criticising. Hysterical, having a breakdown, reevaluate your life, shitting the bed etc, not really adding anything is it? Its just a tactic to try and shut down criticism.  I've seen it used many times before, any one dares criticises transfer activity they're a bed wetter etc.

1. Please don’t dodge the question

2. No tactics here, just an observation, paranoid much?

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

In the eighties keepers would catch that shot. Far too much pattery shite these days, parrying everything. If he wants to do that he has to ensure it goes behind for a corner. At absolute worst, send it well to the side from where any shot would be from too acute an angle. 

Cowan got it absolutely correct when he called out Lewis for it. Mind you he played with Leighton. A keeper who Lewis isn't fit to even clean his boots for

Ah yes, if in doubt mention the 80’s. 

Lewis saved it, he did his job. Gurr stood and watched, didn’t do his job. 100% on Gurr.

3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Ah yes, the 80’s again. 

Collectively, we were very good in the first half, bar one brain fog incident in our central defence at a free kick which nearly cost us. The second half was fucking awful. I can't remember Jamie MacDonald having a save to make.

Ojo and JET are passengers in our team of which we can ill-afford. Whilst Gurr had a very good first half, he is not a defender. It was an embarrassing piece of "defending" that led to their second. As for McCrorie, he has deteriorated rapidly.