Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

What an odd game. So dominant first half, with several players looking really comfy on the ball, but managing to produce absolutely fucking nothing productive. Did we really only have one shot on target? After all that possession? Perhaps Raith were just happy to sit and soak it up knowing we weren’t really troubling them?

Credit to the raith manager - he got his team to come out second half with more aggression and we collectively shat it. At one each or even once we were a goal down there should of been a reaction but both starting 11 and subs gave us nothing - no pass marks for any cunt.

McGeouch looks comfy on the ball but we alwAys move it so slowly Side to side it’s hard to find someone available further up the park. More urgency needed. Thought gurr was the only one who showed that - seemed to get a lot of crosses in. Really struggled to see what McGinn or Hayes bring to the team, I’d be tempted to give their places to some kids.  Of the subs, Ramsay the only one who looked like he was desperate to equalise. Where the Fuck was Ferguson supposed to be playing when he came on? Dropping right back into the backline to get the ball and contributed absolutely nothing with it.

agree with other posters on Glass. If we get a result on Thursday then fair play, but if not it will really feel like a bit of a fuck up starting a B side and getting horsed out of your best chance of winning some silverware.

Thank fk we don’t have to worry about meeting a competent team in next round. 

I’m sure enough excuses will be made from this result (though there really are none that work) but had it been a higher quality opponent then Glass could have hidden his failings with deflections a lil longer & maybe gotten away with it from the many. 

Goals against record is truly horrendous but the way in which a good few have happened is embarrassing for a top flight manager not to acknowledge then act on.

Like watching celtic walking right through the middle of our team & scoring most fkn games now. 

If Glass doesn’t take action now in that defence then he will get fk all ‘bedding in time’ from me. Cannot be that ignorant to what’s needed & be excused for it at any club let alone a top flight one trying to compete in Europe.

Was willing to give him two windows before fair judgement but he’s taking the piss/liberties with such amateur approach to defending & thinking that just the signing of Scot Brown & Scotland International Gallagher would be enough ? Brown has indeed been fantastic but (just as with celtic) he doesn’t prevent goals if defence  is shite. 

Don't understand the criticism of Ramirez. Fucking Messi wouldn't have made any difference today. The defending for both goals was comical. Ramsay being such a key player for us already says it all. Gurr just won't cut it. We will never be good enough to rest 7 starters. Glass only got away with it last week because of a howler from Stryjek. 

Celtic today are playing a full strength team. And i'm not buying any responses of "Aye but they are playing Hearts not Raith Rovers". We rested 6 for a league game which should be our bread and butter. 

That's us now conceded 9 goals in 7 games. 1 clean sheet. And we could quite easily have conceded another 4 or 5 in those games if it weren't for such shite finishing. 

Big few weeks coming up for Glass and it should be an expensive few weeks for Cormack. If not he'll need to explain why he's not backed his man as sufficiently as he said he would.  

36 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It’s not been your best weekend on here D79 min 

No it’s not ??????
to be fair am working this weekend, up at 04.30. Il learn to shut up when on these shifts, am blaming lack of sleep.apologies to all, itl not happen again?, hopefully???

thank fuck the dildo function is gone(for now), think I would have had a worse negative score than red John. Which a didn’t think could be possible, but yae live and learn 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pretty stupid comment seeing as they don’t have an upcoming 14 hour, 9500km round trip in midweek. 

Not really - actually trying to stay in one of the two competitions they have a chance in would by most independent observers be seen to be a good idea - if it is the midweek flight that is a concern maybe we should just have sent our best players off to Baku already - play your best team until the game is won is not actually rocket science especially in a tournament where we had a better than snowballs chance in hell of winning. It's a really stupid way for us to lose and it falls to the manager thinking his belief in his plan trumps the reality on the park - it didn't in Livingston - it didn't today and anyone who knew about our squad should have told him it was daft. To repeat the same error twice in three games made me double check that we hadn't just rehired McInnes. 

Hopefully he and Colgate man learn from this - am guessing Dave was nowhere near a microphone today

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thank fk we don’t have to worry about meeting a competent team in next round. 

I’m sure enough excuses will be made from this result (though there really are none that work) but had it been a higher quality opponent then Glass could have hidden his failings with deflections a lil longer & maybe gotten away with it from the many. 

Goals against record is truly horrendous but the way in which a good few have happened is embarrassing for a top flight manager not to acknowledge then act on.

Like watching celtic walking right through the middle of our team & scoring most fkn games now. 

If Glass doesn’t take action now in that defence then he will get fk all ‘bedding in time’ from me. Cannot be that ignorant to what’s needed & be excused for it at any club let alone a top flight one trying to compete in Europe.

Was willing to give him two windows before fair judgement but he’s taking the piss/liberties with such amateur approach to defending & thinking that just the signing of Scot Brown & Scotland International Gallagher would be enough ? Brown has indeed been fantastic but (just as with celtic) he doesn’t prevent goals if defending is shite. 

2 windows? 

I'm amazed you've even given him the benefit of the doubt for the 2 weeks you have given him. 

On a serious note, Cormack needs to back his man now. 

Hopefully this puts to bed all this squad rotation shit going forward.

If all the big guns are there, stripped and ready for action then surely, you start them, and take them off should the scoreline dictate.

If rest is the thinking behind squad rotation, then to do it the other way round is insane, as the players have traveled, and done the warm up, so any rest potential is negated anyway.

Not as if we’re Man City and can host 2 teams.

But learning on the job is what happens when you employ an inexperienced manager. Let’s hope he learns fast.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Hopefully this puts to bed all this squad rotation shit going forward.

If all the big guns are there, stripped and ready for action then surely, you start them, and take them off should the scoreline dictate.

If rest is the thinking behind squad rotation, then to do it the other way round is insane, as the players have traveled, and done the warm up, so any rest potential is negated anyway.

Not as if we’re Man City and can host 2 teams.

But learning on the job is what happens when you employ an inexperienced manager. Let’s hope he learns fast.

Agree with all that - Livingston was his first learning opportunity which he has already missed

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

2 windows? 

I'm amazed you've even given him the benefit of the doubt for the 2 weeks you have given him. 

On a serious note, Cormack needs to back his man now. 

I have been very fair & complimentary of him. He’s brought about a lot more exciting times at club than I thought he would in short space of time but the extent of his ignorance to signing the required FIRST PICK CH cannot be excused. Even if results have masked the desperation for some until now

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I have been very fair & complimentary of him. He’s brought about a lot more exciting times at club than I thought he would in short space of time but the extent of his ignorance to signing the required FIRST PICK CH cannot be excused. Even if results have masked the desperation for some until now

Aye I was just joking min. 

He should have realised that the squad isn't deep enough to rest too many at a time. 

But maybe there's an agreement behind the scenes to go all out for the conference groups. Might not just be his decision.....