Feedback to Club

I know this forum tends to reflect the humorous, piss taking, anger riddled nature of society and Dons fans on a whole. But is there a decent case for adding in a thread where we capture 'sensible' feedback that could be directed to AFC (and or SLO) to improve things?

I'll give you couple of examples.... the tannoy/PA system in Red Shed is pish... can hardly hear it. And food prices... way too expensive. Not sure if the SLO looks in on this but surely it's better to try and combine all our grumbles and feed them back on a positive (constructive) manner?

Await the barrage of abuse, anti-vax messages etc ;)

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

I know this forum tends to reflect the humorous, piss taking, anger riddled nature of society and Dons fans on a whole. But is there a decent case for adding in a thread where we capture 'sensible' feedback that could be directed to AFC (and or SLO) to improve things?

I'll give you couple of examples.... the tannoy/PA system in Red Shed is pish... can hardly hear it. And food prices... way too expensive. Not sure if the SLO looks in on this but surely it's better to try and combine all our grumbles and feed them back on a positive (constructive) manner?

Do you sit on a lot of committees?

10 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Increase the food prices to pay for the new PA system.

HTH

28 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Increase the food prices to pay for the new PA system.

HTH

I think the cheaper option would be to just turn the bloody volume dial up a wee bit.

Food prices were ridiculous, £2.70 for a watered down small coke. £1.80 for a tiny carton of ribena. There's putting a mark up on things and taking the piss. Queue sizes were unacceptable as well, 25 minutes to pay for the overpriced crap. 

Sell the whole red shed. Probably some pen pushing safety guy has decided the crowd in there will be trouble makers, don't sell the sides or the front 10 ten rows, fucking ridiculous, you want crowds back and a good atmosphere created but over police and undersell the end, it's so typical Aberdeen.

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

See Cormack tweeted this morning that as a result of it being a 15k crowd, they are going to revisit ticket pricing to ensure a sell out next time. Quite right Dave. 

The concern is no one at the club spotted it was overpriced and wouldn't sell out. One quick call to me and I've have told them they were taking the piss and people wouldn't go. £20 for season ticket holders and £23 for non holders would have seen the sold out signs up. They might have made less money overall but they could have gained customers for the longer term. 

Just now, daytripping said:

The concern is no one at the club spotted it was overpriced and wouldn't sell out. One quick call to me and I've have told them they were taking the piss and people wouldn't go. £20 for season ticket holders and £23 for non holders would have seen the sold out signs up. They might have made less money overall but they could have gained customers for the longer term. 

Yip. Not looking at the bigger picture. Even £25 and £28 would have seen 1000 or more extra imo. 

12 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Food prices were ridiculous, £2.70 for a watered down small coke. £1.80 for a tiny carton of ribena. There's putting a mark up on things and taking the piss. Queue sizes were unacceptable as well, 25 minutes to pay for the overpriced crap. 

Sell the whole red shed. Probably some pen pushing safety guy has decided the crowd in there will be trouble makers, don't sell the sides or the front 10 ten rows, fucking ridiculous, you want crowds back and a good atmosphere created but over police and undersell the end, it's so typical Aberdeen.

Walked in at ten past 7, queue in the South was massive, sacked it off. 

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

You on twitter?

The SLO is pretty active on there, just message her direct.

12 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If we weren't in 45 minutes early there's no way i'd have queued up for food. Probably took 25 minutes to get an overpriced Bovril. 

There were three tills, it was contactless payments only. Why the fuck was it so slow to put hot water into plastic cups and grab a pie from the heated racks at the back? 

Some of these student types serving look like they will be unemployable in their future working life.

They appear to be gormless and their batteries running low.

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

That's what they were hoping for. Which works for a one off, but there's no way the fans will tolerate it ongoing. Cormack has already said he's looking into pricing, so hopefully <£30 max.

I do agree.

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Ah but those 2900 fans would only need to go to one additional game each and the club make more. Think long term pal.

Again I agree, club sort of got away with it last night and I fully get why they went high, lesson learned and back to lower prices from here.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I still dont get folk begrudging the money. You must have had a better last 18 months that I did and you must be more confident than me that there will not be restrictions this winter.

If you're going on your own then im sure most people would pay it. To take a family of 4 is over £100 which i can understand is steep for the quality of opposition. So those fans who were planning on taking a couple of kids or more are likely those who we lost out on. 

Remember, just because you can afford it, doesnt mean everybody can. 

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

If you're going on your own then im sure most people would pay it. To take a family of 4 is over £100 which i can understand is steep for the quality of opposition. So those fans who were planning on taking a couple of kids or more are likely those who we lost out on. 

Remember, just because you can afford it, doesnt mean everybody can. 

Yea I see it would be a lot for four tickets and fair play if any non dna non season members paid for 4 or more tickets for one household. 

Could go round in circles here but id say the pricing meant that was not our market last night.

It's a midweek game so it's not the time for a family deal to be offered as chances are a family are going or not regardless based on other factors

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yea I see it would be a lot for four tickets and fair play if any non dna non season members paid for 4 or more tickets for one household. 

Could go round in circles here but id say the pricing meant that was not our market last night.

It's a midweek game so it's not the time for a family deal to be offered as chances are a family are going or not regardless based on other factors

Hardly , the kids are on holiday.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd agree with others - midweek european games in summer are the perfect chance to attract families. Warm night, kids off school, loons who play football at weekends getting a chance to go. 

Question and you dont have to answer if you dont wish...but do you have kids? You do seem very blinkered and ignorant towards family life. Apologies if that offends you. 

My mate took his two boys last night - not regulars by any means and they were very impressed with the product on display. To the level that they will be going back more regularly. My mate is fortunate he has a good job and can afford it. Parents who arent quite so fortunate might not be able to afford to take their kids at last nights prices.