Feedback to Club

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fair play to the club.

They realised they made a mistake with the pricing of the Breidablik game & have reduced them for Qarabag.

They’ve acknowledged their mistake & done something about it.

If we don’t get 18,000 now (reduced capacity) we really do have a shite home support (unless of course we take a tanking on Thursday & the tie is beyond us). 

It'll be a guaranteed sell out unless we are more than 2 goals down after the 1st Leg. I'm planning on going but I'll hold off till 7pm on Thursday night. I'll be back up for the County game on the Sunday meaning it's two long journeys (around 1,000 miles in total) in the space of a few days so if the Euro game is a dead rubber I might give it a swerve.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, TynesideDon said:

It'll be a guaranteed sell out unless we are more than 2 goals down after the 1st Leg. I'm planning on going but I'll hold off till 7pm on Thursday night. I'll be back up for the County game on the Sunday meaning it's two long journeys (around 1,000 miles in total) in the space of a few days so if the Euro game is a dead rubber I might give it a swerve.

Ok. Keep us posted.

16 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fair play to the club.

They realised they made a mistake with the pricing of the Breidablik game & have reduced them for Qarabag.

They’ve acknowledged their mistake & done something about it.

If we don’t get 18,000 now (reduced capacity) we really do have a shite home support (unless of course we take a tanking on Thursday & the tie is beyond us). 

They have not listened about having even one kiosk accepting cash.

Not a very inclusive thing to do denying pensioners and young kids or even those with credit problems who don't have plastic a half time snack.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Greedy bastards - can go without for two hours. 
Food is shite anyway.

Not the point though some older people have gone to pittodrie for over 30 years having a cup of coffee and a pie at half time.

You know what older people are like and they might decide they may as well go to their local ground instead especially if you add ticket prices as well.

Club is already competing with lots of other attractions for kids where they can spend their pocket money which is not plastic.

25 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Not the point though some older people have gone to pittodrie for over 30 years having a cup of coffee and a pie at half time.

You know what older people are like and they might decide they may as well go to their local ground instead especially if you add ticket prices as well.

Club is already competing with lots of other attractions for kids where they can spend their pocket money which is not plastic.

Pocket money is increasingly being provided by plastic. I.e. GoHenry.

Kids are increasingly shopping online as well. My kids don’t have plastic yet, but they are increasingly asking to get items bought and paying me back with their pocket money cash.

They are decreasingly physically spending cash and I’m now reviewing how they are able to learn and understand the value of money on a plastic card

The modern world is changing and I think there will be a time when physically, cash is no more.

7 hours ago, caledonia said:

They have not listened about having even one kiosk accepting cash.

Not a very inclusive thing to do denying pensioners and young kids or even those with credit problems who don't have plastic a half time snack.

There’s no excuse for anyone not to have a debit card. You don’t need good credit to have one either. Pensioners have had since 1987 to get used to them so it’s on them if they don’t have one.

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s no excuse for anyone not to have a debit card. You don’t need good credit to have one either. Pensioners have had since 1987 to get used to them so it’s on them if they don’t have one.

Agreed - we cant not move with the times because old folk just dont fancy using a debit card. If they are so stubborn to get with the times, fuck them.

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Agreed - we cant not move with the times because old folk just dont fancy using a debit card. If they are so stubborn to get with the times, fuck them.

That seems to be the clubs attitude as well “fuck them” 

what about kids that go to the matches themselves when their dads are working is it fuck them as well.

5 minutes ago, caledonia said:

what about kids that go to the matches themselves when their dads are working is it fuck them as well.

I'm with you on this. I understand that the club don't really want to handle cash and the world is moving towards a cash free society but it would be no hassle to have the odd cash only till at some of the kiosks. After all cash is still legal tender. 

I'm sure they'll still happily accept cash at the ticket office and club shop so why not the kiosks? 

11 minutes ago, caledonia said:

If that genuinely is the case them the parents need to be organising debit cards for their kids, especially if they're sending them out on their own! In the time since the last game they could have done this. I wouldn't waste your time feeling sorry for them. 

29 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

If that genuinely is the case them the parents need to be organising debit cards for their kids, especially if they're sending them out on their own! In the time since the last game they could have done this. I wouldn't waste your time feeling sorry for them. 

Why should they if the club don't want their money its their loss and there are plenty other places that still take cash.

my local highland league club do a cracking pie half the price of pittodrie and take cash

cheaper to get in as well

Nowadays you can literally buy a ticket online at ten mins to KO, download it onto your phone and get in (technically anyways).  I'm an old cunt so if there's a cash turnstyle on matchday, and fifteen mintes before KO I roll up with my £1.50 (Waterschei prices) to get into the Paddock , what seat does the cunt give me?

37 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm with you on this. I understand that the club don't really want to handle cash and the world is moving towards a cash free society but it would be no hassle to have the odd cash only till at some of the kiosks. After all cash is still legal tender. 

I'm sure they'll still happily accept cash at the ticket office and club shop so why not the kiosks? 

The new catering deal with Baxter Storey is behind it.

https://baxterstorey.com/baxterstorey-scores-with-aberdeen-football-club/

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

You can get a Go Henry card for them from about 10 years old. If you don't trust your kid with a pre loaded card with a tenner on it then you shouldn't be trusting then to go to the football on their own. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

You can get a Go Henry card for them from about 10 years old. If you don't trust your kid with a pre loaded card with a tenner on it then you shouldn't be trusting then to go to the football on their own. 

A tenner have you seen the prices

Its not the fact they can or cant do it choice should be allowed

How can you claim to be inclusive when excluding young kids and pensioners 

And saying they don't need to eat or they can just get cards is not the point either as for various reasons they might not want cards but might want to have a half time snack.

maybe people need to complain to the press and get a statement from the club 

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, caledonia said:

A tenner have you seen the prices

Its not the fact they can or cant do it choice should be allowed

How can you claim to be inclusive when excluding young kids and pensioners 

And saying they don't need to eat or they can just get cards is not the point either as for various reasons they might not want cards but might want to have a half time snack.

maybe people need to complain to the press and get a statement from the club 

What a load of shit.