Feedback to Club

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

I'd agree with others - midweek european games in summer are the perfect chance to attract families. Warm night, kids off school, loons who play football at weekends getting a chance to go. 

Question and you dont have to answer if you dont wish...but do you have kids? You do seem very blinkered and ignorant towards family life. Apologies if that offends you. 

My mate took his two boys last night - not regulars by any means and they were very impressed with the product on display. To the level that they will be going back more regularly. My mate is fortunate he has a good job and can afford it. Parents who arent quite so fortunate might not be able to afford to take their kids at last nights prices. 

Aye. Get them hooked during the warm nights where there's a good atmosphere and they're more likely to stick it out through the freezing winter afternoons. 

4 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I'd agree with others - midweek european games in summer are the perfect chance to attract families. Warm night, kids off school, loons who play football at weekends getting a chance to go. 

Question and you dont have to answer if you dont wish...but do you have kids? You do seem very blinkered and ignorant towards family life. Apologies if that offends you. 

My mate took his two boys last night - not regulars by any means and they were very impressed with the product on display. To the level that they will be going back more regularly. My mate is fortunate he has a good job and can afford it. Parents who arent quite so fortunate might not be able to afford to take their kids at last nights prices. 

Yes two kids but not regulars yet so no sign of £100 PATG quite yet. They both in aberdna and one with a season ticket. The club got my sympathy vote during covid and some goodwill this summer. I won't be able to keep it up forever so will be making choices like you say.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yes two kids but not regulars yet so no sign of £100 PATG quite yet. They both in aberdna and one with a season ticket. The club got my sympathy vote during covid and some goodwill this summer. I won't be able to keep it up forever so will be making choices like you say.

Perhaps some reached the point of having to make choices earlier than you did. Makes it a bit more confusing that you said you didnt understand the concern about the pricing. 

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Do we not offer family ticket that covers 2 adults + 2 kids or anything similar? Poor show if we don't. 

Aye there's a few ways they could have handled it. 

Family ticket as you say for maybe £70 or so. 

Or a family cashback /discount system for future games much like the stand free membership from a few years ago. Think it was 10% off with 10% cashback or something like that? 

10 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Perhaps some reached the point of having to make choices earlier than you did. Makes it a bit more confusing that you said you didnt understand the concern about the pricing. 

My point from outset has been it was never going to be £20 tickets and I just dont see how £27 or £32 makes a lick of difference. Weve not been in 18 months and there will be a lockdown 3. Lap it up while we can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's everywhere these days, shit kids brought up by shit people. This is what years of wokeness, neglecting education, everybody can be a celebrity and the denial that there are losers takes us. Had a classic just now;

Burger van at B & Q had a big queue when I went in to the shop. 5 minutes later when I came out, only a couple of couples and a guy with an interesting black dog - cross between a Jack Russell and a Pug (kid you not) - so went and joined the queue. Had been to that van once before many years ago and remembered it was pretty good but wasn't expecting the worst service on earth. After 5 minutes talking to the guy I commented on how slow it was and a few minutes after that, he bailed. A couple of minutes after that, the couple bailed and I followed them out.

The two fat quines wouldn't have given a shit. One was chatting to her mate (first couple in the queue) and the other was doing all the work, slowly, with great ineptitude. They didn't have the nous to ask for orders from the next in line and appeared to be cooking to order, one at a time. This is another reason why Brexit has been a disaster. British people are shit and in the customer-facing industries, their shitness is grossly exposed.

Haha I was at that burger van last week.

Like you said slow as fuck and a bad attitude.

When I eventually got served the young girl was complaining to her mate that when she left Dundee it was sunny and raining when she arrived here,so it appears the staff are from Dundee.

It will be McDonalds in Asda the next time I'm down that way.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

My point from outset has been it was never going to be £20 tickets and I just dont see how £27 or £32 makes a lick of difference. Weve not been in 18 months and there will be a lockdown 3. Lap it up while we can.

Come on Tord 

It was a cheeky wee cash grab and he's already came out and said they got it wrong/didn't get away with it. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

You on twitter?

The SLO is pretty active on there, just message her direct.

She should be active on here... sign up as Aberdeen SLO so we all know it's her. No disprespect to Lynne as she a nice lady, but it's basically just a glorified AFC staff role. There's potentially a conflict of interests when your job is to raise prickly issues with the people that pay you.

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Costco can do a cup of tea for 50 p

Exactly. And Costco can sell you a pretty decent Hot Dog with onions, sauce and a huge cup of soft drink for £1.50. You'd be hard pushed to get the empty cup for that price at Pittodrie! Seriously needs looking at as it's a complete cash grab and taking the piss out of loyal supporters. I know it's been tough times of late for the club, but if they don't make the prices sensible, less and less will decide to buy it.

25 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Sign a fkn decent CH that will control or back line. One that will eclipse the 3 we currently have attempting to fill said role.

Main (not Curtis) priority for team right now. All other signings are gravy

I said constructive feedback ya feil c**t!!

5 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

I know this forum tends to reflect the humorous, piss taking, anger riddled nature of society and Dons fans on a whole. But is there a decent case for adding in a thread where we capture 'sensible' feedback that could be directed to AFC (and or SLO) to improve things?

I'll give you couple of examples.... the tannoy/PA system in Red Shed is pish... can hardly hear it. And food prices... way too expensive. Not sure if the SLO looks in on this but surely it's better to try and combine all our grumbles and feed them back on a positive (constructive) manner?

Await the barrage of abuse, anti-vax messages etc ;)

Have you looked back your notes when you were greeting when they kicked you out the RDS upper?

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I still dont get folk begrudging the money. You must have had a better last 18 months that I did and you must be more confident than me that there will not be restrictions this winter.

Simple, going cost a fortune for families to go currently in the last week of school holidays where A lot of activities and money all ready spent Keeping the kids entertained the last 6 weeks. 
ok for young lads going with mates without any real responsibilities 

I still dont get folk begrudging the money. You must have had a better last 18 months that I did and you must be more confident than me that there will not be restrictions this winter.

We are talking about the casual fan to take it up to a sell out, not those who will be at every game.  

Last night, we may have had maximization of ticket sale revenue in total and the reduction in ticket price to get a sell out may see the club earn less.  

It depends what the management want, and it seems from Cormack's rhetoric at all times that filling Pittodrie is what he wants.  Getting a full Pittodrie needs a good product on the pitch and lower prices for one-off tickets.  

52 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

She should be active on here... sign up as Aberdeen SLO so we all know it's her. No disprespect to Lynne as she a nice lady, but it's basically just a glorified AFC staff role. There's potentially a conflict of interests when your job is to raise prickly issues with the people that pay you.

Exactly. And Costco can sell you a pretty decent Hot Dog with onions, sauce and a huge cup of soft drink for £1.50. You'd be hard pushed to get the empty cup for that price at Pittodrie! Seriously needs looking at as it's a complete cash grab and taking the piss out of loyal supporters. I know it's been tough times of late for the club, but if they don't make the prices sensible, less and less will decide to buy it.

I said constructive feedback ya feil c**t!!

How is suggesting we improve where our biggest weakness is not constructive? Ya feil cunt

2 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

and just to clarify i mean choices of how I divvy up my contribution to the club. Season ticket will always be best way to support the club and the best way to get value for money

36 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

and just to clarify i mean choices of how I divvy up my contribution to the club. Season ticket will always be best way to support the club and the best way to get value for money

But arguement here isn't about attracting me and you. We go regardless. It's about maximising the attendance and attracting the more casual fan, which last night's pricing didn't do. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can't compare Costco and Pittodrie. Different services, different markets.

Cheaper catering won't attract more to go to the games. They're screwing a captive market... although who the fuck doesn't eat before going to the match or who plans to eat there? We were pissed up before gaining entry (usually just after kick off) so never bothered with food anyway but what is it with the pie and bovril brigade? Are they pandering to their kids? Can't the spoilt little brats not get educated properly about nutrition and getting value for money?

Costco are going for a certain demographic and given their discount strategy, a cheap drink or food further attracts the scum. Not that they're all scum of course. One balloon last week described the "posh from Westhill" shopping at Costco, like there are any "posh people" from that sterile suburb :hysterical: , the use of the word "posh" being tragic in itself of course, a desperate attempt to justify his processed food purchasing preferences. McDonalds were beautifully direct in their "like getting your money's worth?" advertising recently. They didn't fuck about but they're paying top dollar for the best agencies who know that greed and the perception that the thickos are saving money is king.

Having a go at people about nutrition and value for money, mmmmh. Could have sworn you were just posting about queuing at a burger van.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

But arguement here isn't about attracting me and you. We go regardless. It's about maximising the attendance and attracting the more casual fan, which last night's pricing didn't do. 

I think they'll save all the deals for when the novelty has slightly worn off. Fully expect BOGOF and £10 tickets before too long. That's the real attempts to attract new fans

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think they'll save all the deals for when the novelty has slightly worn off. Fully expect BOGOF and £10 tickets before too long. That's the real attempts to attract new fans

And that's fine not to run a deal for the game last night. But they shouldn't have overpriced it to the extent our first game without restrictions didnt sell out. 

1 hour ago, cruzcampo3 said:

Simple, going cost a fortune for families to go currently in the last week of school holidays where A lot of activities and money all ready spent Keeping the kids entertained the last 6 weeks. 
ok for young lads going with mates without any real responsibilities 

The fucking glory days 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's everywhere these days, shit kids brought up by shit people. This is what years of wokeness, neglecting education, everybody can be a celebrity and the denial that there are losers takes us. Had a classic just now;

Burger van at B & Q had a big queue when I went in to the shop. 5 minutes later when I came out, only a couple of couples and a guy with an interesting black dog - cross between a Jack Russell and a Pug (kid you not) - so went and joined the queue. Had been to that van once before many years ago and remembered it was pretty good but wasn't expecting the worst service on earth. After 5 minutes talking to the guy I commented on how slow it was and a few minutes after that, he bailed. A couple of minutes after that, the couple bailed and I followed them out.

The two fat quines wouldn't have given a shit. One was chatting to her mate (first couple in the queue) and the other was doing all the work, slowly, with great ineptitude. They didn't have the nous to ask for orders from the next in line and appeared to be cooking to order, one at a time. This is another reason why Brexit has been a disaster. British people are shit and in the customer-facing industries, their shitness is grossly exposed.

Tl;dr this post but the first part I’m intrigued about. “Years of wokeness” has meant poor customer service at burger vans? As the hun said the other night: “care to expand on that?”.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

Having a go at people about nutrition and value for money, mmmmh. Could have sworn you were just posting about queuing at a burger van.

He’s a hypocritical Walter Mitty weirdo. Banned time and time again yet can’t keep away ??‍♂️