Feedback to Club

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

My point from outset has been it was never going to be £20 tickets and I just dont see how £27 or £32 makes a lick of difference. Weve not been in 18 months and there will be a lockdown 3. Lap it up while we can.

I agree. Going as much as possible as they will shut his down before we know it. 

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can't compare Costco and Pittodrie. Different services, different markets.

You can and I did. Both are businesses who need custom to exist. The main difference is one probably offers it up as a loss leader (although I suspect the food they sell covers wages, electricity, cooking appliances - after all, that syrup coke is pennies to sell per cup).
The other (football clubs) have a massive mark-up because, as you say, they have a captive audience. But they could undoubtedly, sell more food and drink if they had a better pricing structure and turned it around quicker. Look at baseball games, american fitba.... they have folk coming round selling hot dogs, beer, pretzels etc, whilst the game is on. Not suggesting that model would work at football in Scotland, but if you push the boundaries of what you have accepted for years, then you know what your customers will relate to.

Beer and a pizza before the game in concourses, fan zones... hell yeah. I like a steak pie.... I always have done. So last night I bought one as it's been nearly 2 years since last time I was there and could experience that.

Folk were (rightly) complaining about ticket prices and how it was £5 more than normal... but probably spent the equivalent on a pie and a bovril!

2 hours ago, cruzcampo3 said:

Have you looked back your notes when you were greeting when they kicked you out the RDS upper?

Your point is caller? Feedback was provided to the club when that was mooted. I doubt the current Chairman would pull a stunt like that now. Milne was an evil prick who didn't give a rats ass about the fans.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

You can and I did. Both are businesses who need custom to exist. The main difference is one probably offers it up as a loss leader (although I suspect the food they sell covers wages, electricity, cooking appliances - after all, that syrup coke is pennies to sell per cup).
The other (football clubs) have a massive mark-up because, as you say, they have a captive audience. But they could undoubtedly, sell more food and drink if they had a better pricing structure and turned it around quicker. Look at baseball games, american fitba.... they have folk coming round selling hot dogs, beer, pretzels etc, whilst the game is on. Not suggesting that model would work at football in Scotland, but if you push the boundaries of what you have accepted for years, then you know what your customers will relate to.

Beer and a pizza before the game in concourses, fan zones... hell yeah. I like a steak pie.... I always have done. So last night I bought one as it's been nearly 2 years since last time I was there and could experience that.

Folk were (rightly) complaining about ticket prices and how it was £5 more than normal... but probably spent the equivalent on a pie and a bovril!

Your point is caller? Feedback was provided to the club when that was mooted. I doubt the current Chairman would pull a stunt like that now. Milne was an evil prick who didn't give a rats ass about the fans.

What was in your steak pie, just out of interest?

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

Food prices were ridiculous, £2.70 for a watered down small coke. £1.80 for a tiny carton of ribena. There's putting a mark up on things and taking the piss. Queue sizes were unacceptable as well, 25 minutes to pay for the overpriced crap. 

Sell the whole red shed. Probably some pen pushing safety guy has decided the crowd in there will be trouble makers, don't sell the sides or the front 10 ten rows, fucking ridiculous, you want crowds back and a good atmosphere created but over police and undersell the end, it's so typical Aberdeen.

Paragraph 1 - couldn’t give a rats arse - agree that those prices are ridiculous & the food is poor, that’s why I go without food for two hours. Never get the big thing folk make about the food at Pittodrie. 

Paragraph 2 - 100% agree. Looked shite with the gaps at the front & side. What’s the rationale FFS? Get it filled up. Would be a great atmosphere with another 1,000 or whatever in there. 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're right, it can be compared and yes, you did. We are talking at cross purposes I feel.

For example in relation to your bit in bold - and I don't know the margins here so bear with my maths for illustration purposes - is it better to sell twice the product at 65% margin of half that amount to gain 165% per unit?

Depends what the objective is and in Costco's case, they have a totally different reason for selling food and drink than AFC.

The bottom line is that people queuing for a long time for food at the fitba are orang utans and/or their children are chimps. To do so to pay over the odds for substandard fare is sad, them being slaves to consumerism and/or them having shit kids who lack discipline. 

I hear what you're saying. Some like the ritual. I started going to games as a very young loon and my old man would send me up to the kiosk in the South Stand to get the pies for him and his mates. Back in the day with no allocated seat, I regularly lost my way back and was frantically pacing up and down the stairs trying to find them. Pie and bovril... it's a fitba thing. It's a bit like going to the cinema.... yeah, I could go without, but it's hard not to buy popcorn and a coke.

But in terms of pricing structure.... it's of a similar Dick Turpin type robbery that you see at motorway services. A 50% mark up on everything from sandwiches, drinks, to petrol and diesel. The same 'captive audience' that AFC have, but yet we are defined as loyal customers. So for those that cannae go without their fix, we shouldn't be fleeced. Entry to a game is already expensive enough as it is compared to other European countries such as Germany, Italy etc.

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Captives always get fleeced. It's worse at the US majors where you get searched for food and drink, even a bottle of water is not permitted thereby forcing us to pay ridiculous prices e.g. $15 for a small beer.

Popcorn and coke at the cinema? I don't get it. I don't go there to eat or drink, just to see a film. Plus I know the value of money and I prefer not to throw it in the toilet. I even choose where I fill up with petrol to save a penny a litre. It's a principle. 

I bring my own popcorn and fizzy pop nowadays to cinema. With kids, I'd be bankrupt if I paid Vue's prices or whoever runs them now.

Fuel is a hard one... sometimes on a trip down the road, you're limited to what you can do, but I have seen myself leave the motorway and find a local Asda to save paying these thievin barstewards what they charge. Like you.... it's the principle.
I don't mind paying the club a wee bit more than I would pay at a supermarket for a pie... but there's a bit of give and take. £3 for a steak pie and £2.2o for a tea... come on now. There's profit and there's profit. Ultimately, whenever you outsource any service, the price will increase. Sodexho were creaming it from AFC and the service didn't justify that price. Remains to be seen what AFC will do with Baxter Storey.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Here's an idea; don't give them popcorn and fizzy drinks. They can choose to buy shit with their pocket money but if you don't introduce them to it, they won't want it. Our youngest is 20 soon and has never eaten sweets (apart from Dairy Milk), has never even tasted Coke and doesn't drink fizzy stuff ever (non alcoholic, will have a couple of Kopparbergs).

Good and bad habits are learned and encouraged. "Gentle Persuasion" works better than prescribed indoctrination. 

With all the shit life throws at you... the odd bag of popcorn and coke zero are the least of my concerns. Strangely, my two youngest kids don't like fizzy drinks but my eldest does. But hey, each to their own. You are what you eat etc etc. Everyone has their vices. I'd quite happily see them throw back a few Pepsi Max's than be sneaking around with thier mates smoking.

But yes, I guess everyone could eat healthier... maybe we need a salad bar at Pittodrie as an option! Personally just prefer a bar if truth be told ;)

Very disappointing but not surprising to see the huge queues last night and to read of such poor service, low quality and high prices. I stopped having any food or drink at Pittodrie years ago. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

I was at Borough Briggs a couple of seasons ago and had change out of £3 for a pie and a coffee. Think it came to £2.50. Decent pie and the coffee was actually hot. It's not that hard. Not outsourced, served by staff of the club who knew what they were doing.

Has the catering at Pittodrie ever been good? It's been dogshite for as long as I can remember.

• Upvote 1

Had 2 pies last night and thought they were good.  £3 each maybe steep but not too bothered. 

The queue did seem to be slow, but maybe that's just how long it takes. From watching whilst I was in the queue, some fans really don't help either, fannying about, not knowing what they want and/or taking an eternity to sort out a cup of tea before they fuck off and let the next person in. Or standing at the front of the queue oblivious to the fact that there is a server waving at them telling them to come and order. 

Also what happened to the extra pop up serving stalls they used to have in the south? 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Here's an idea; don't give them popcorn and fizzy drinks. They can choose to buy shit with their pocket money but if you don't introduce them to it, they won't want it. Our youngest is 20 soon and has never eaten sweets (apart from Dairy Milk), has never even tasted Coke and doesn't drink fizzy stuff ever (non alcoholic, will have a couple of Kopparbergs).

Good and bad habits are learned and encouraged. "Gentle Persuasion" works better than prescribed indoctrination. 

Hanging would be too good for you.

9 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

With all the shit life throws at you... the odd bag of popcorn and coke zero are the least of my concerns. Strangely, my two youngest kids don't like fizzy drinks but my eldest does. But hey, each to their own. You are what you eat etc etc. Everyone has their vices. I'd quite happily see them throw back a few Pepsi Max's than be sneaking around with thier mates smoking.

But yes, I guess everyone could eat healthier... maybe we need a salad bar at Pittodrie as an option! Personally just prefer a bar if truth be told ;)

What was in your steak pie?

Went down to the RDS concourse at h/t to queue for food, seen the queues and didn’t bother. I did notice the queues were slightly more spaced out (aye, nae on drugs) which would have been folk doing the social distancing thing. 

Can never understand why they don’t employ one extra person per couple of counters just firing up coffees, bovril and juice. They absolutely know these will sell. The juice is already cold and the hot drinks won’t go cold if prepared a minute earlier. 
Would fully speed up the process and sell more. Employing one ore two extra gadgies for a few hours on minimum wage would be a price worth paying for the caterers. 

12 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Catches up with us all eventually...except maybe Poodles. Although I'm sure his Aussie bit of stuff will be spewing out sprogs soon enough. 

She hates kids and marriage more than I do. Zero chance. Zero responsibilities for us, gr8 life ?

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've cautioned you before. You need to drop your obsession. You only end up getting hurt and report me all the time.

The only "repetition" I'm guilty of is pressing you on unanswered questions.

Can you finally lose your cowardice, man up and explain your intentions when posting me my specific address by PM and by revealing my wife's identity in public on this forum?

Is your wife’s identity a secret or something? Someone post pics pls

29 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've cautioned you before. You need to drop your obsession. You only end up getting hurt and report me all the time.

The only "repetition" I'm guilty of is pressing you on unanswered questions.

Can you finally lose your cowardice, man up and explain your intentions when posting me my specific address by PM and by revealing my wife's identity in public on this forum?

Cautioned ???