Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

25 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Draw at best

We can hope that the Qarabag manager decides to swap out 7 players so they can rest after having had a really tough game and needing a wee bit of a kip so they can have a strong side for the cup they might have a chance of winning.

• Upvote 1

We'll fuck them. 

Just stick a few sheep in the front row of the South Stand, and their players will spend more time looking at them than watching the game. 

Only problem is that might also be true for our players. 

Slutty whore sheep. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

We can hope that the Qarabag manager decides to swap out 7 players so they can rest after having had a really tough game and needing a wee bit of a kip so they can have a strong side for the cup they might have a chance of winning.

He did make 7 changes for their league game today. 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Mock them with Borat masks and if you’re a proper banter lad, wear a mankini

Wrong 'stan'... that's Kazakhstan you're thinking of.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Nope. That’s where ‘Borat’ is from - duh!

Oh sorry, I forgot the massive rivalry and centuries of hate that'll be unearthed when they realise that a fake TV persona is being used to rile them up. My (Qara)bag,

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGeouch can get back on the bench and stay there. 

Folk getting conned by a half decent 45 minutes every 6 months. 

Can play a pass but just can't get around the pitch any more. 

I’ve got this theory about McGeouch, which is admittedly based on tv viewing and has little proper evidence to back up.

he makes himself look good, but those around him look shite. He’s clearly really comfortable in possession, goes looking for the ball, and rarely gives it away cheaply.

but to get on the ball he drops so deep the press is no where near him. He has all the time in the world, and he uses it to take way too many touches before passing it sideways to a centre half. All of which gifts the opposition as long as they want to close everyone else down. It just made life that bit harder for McGinn, ojo and McLennan.

with brown in there everything just happens that bit faster and that bit higher up the park.

Amazing how one bad game out of 6 or so can change everyones perspective. 

The biggest thing that yesterdays performance showed me was that a) making massive changes doesn't work, you're losing cohesion of a side that's starting to gel b) we don't have enough depth, striker wise, attacking midfield wise. we're lacking. and c) Our fringe players just aren't good enough. A lot of them flatter to deceive. McLennan, good 45 last week, pish yesterday. JET - good few spells, pish otherwise.. Jenks - good goal last week, shite this week. Gurr - just shite. 

We seem to have a system that works but it requires specific players, and the lack of depth means we're really unable to utilise that same system with the fuckwits we've got on the bench. 

I'm more concerned than I was  before yesterdays game, but let's not forget that we rested a heap of starting 11 players. 

11 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

Any more with regards to the game being moved from their tattie field of a pitch?

It's nae their pitch.

They used to play there, but based now at Azersun arena, which is nae eess for Euro games. Infrastructure nae up to scratch or something.

So now play at Tofiq Bahramov Republican Stadium (tattie field) instead.

Used to be stadium for Azerbaijan national team as well, until they built the Olympic Stadium.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Amazing how one bad game out of 6 or so can change everyones perspective. 

The biggest thing that yesterdays performance showed me was that a) making massive changes doesn't work, you're losing cohesion of a side that's starting to gel b) we don't have enough depth, striker wise, attacking midfield wise. we're lacking. and c) Our fringe players just aren't good enough. A lot of them flatter to deceive. McLennan, good 45 last week, pish yesterday. JET - good few spells, pish otherwise.. Jenks - good goal last week, shite this week. Gurr - just shite. 

We seem to have a system that works but it requires specific players, and the lack of depth means we're really unable to utilise that same system with the fuckwits we've got on the bench. 

I'm more concerned than I was  before yesterdays game, but let's not forget that we rested a heap of starting 11 players. 

The changes made didn’t affect the first half where we dominated and should have put the game to bed. We need to be more ruthless in these situations.

we lost yesterday down to individual errors and the first allowing Raith to grow in confidence and allow them to not have to chase the game.

Yes, the changes meant we werent -laying our strongest 11, but that’s just a poor excuse.

13 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The changes made didn’t affect the first half where we dominated and should have put the game to bed. We need to be more ruthless in these situations.

we lost yesterday down to individual errors and the first allowing Raith to grow in confidence and allow them to not have to chase the game.

Yes, the changes meant we werent -laying our strongest 11, but that’s just a poor excuse.

I'm not sure where people are getting this "we dominated the first half" from. Raith had a good few chances to score, I can't remember us having many bar the goal. 

40 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

C'mon min - aboot time you were updating the predictor league table min. And getting this week's games up 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

We created nothing after scoring. 
100% got what we deserved.

I have no words for how bad Jack Gurr was, other than it’s hardly a surprise. Or shouldn’t be. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We created nothing after scoring. 
100% got what we deserved.

I have no words for how bad Jack Gurr was, other than it’s hardly a surprise. Or shouldn’t be. 

Said after the away Breidablik game that Gurr was dirt and was told off by many. 

"Told yi so"