Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Doesn’t matter if he was booked tonight, he’s still not suspended for next week

Well hopefully he gets injured beforehand. He’s absolutely rubbish.

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Were you a big cheerleader of his before?

In any case...terrible game. Terrible pitch. Terrible referee.

Under those circumstances the 1-0 feels like a bit of a let off.

That’s 2 defeats in a row and let’s be honest…we have looked absolutely powderpuff going forward. Our passing and imagination has been dreadful. If we don’t sort this out for Sunday then the alarm bells will be ringing louder. 
We need a lot better than these last couple of matches if we are wanting to be taken seriously. Not a good sign at the moment unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Not sure about decent result, but played better 2nd half. Ref was poor but didn't influence the game too much. Pitch was terrible and changed everything.

- jet is not made for chasing the ball. 

- we need to drop the silly free kick routine where we pretend we don't know who's taking it

- Ojo was fine

- we absolutely need another option up front. How good is Ruth?

I thought the ref totally influenced the game with his refusal to book Qaravan players thus allowing challenge after challenge to frustrate us.

The same challenge made on one of our players that Brown was booked for literally 2 mins prior went unpunished. Shocking referee, shocking pitch for this level of football.

If Hedges were fit we’d be in a good place but I just can’t see us scoring outwith penalty or corner unless they make a mistake and their defensive record is not bad. Our squad is thin on quality though we have plenty of players who are just not quite good enough. Ferguson value falling by the minute - did nothing. Campbell needs recalled - at least he’d try. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Wonder if we've any plans to hold onto the ball rather than pishing possession away every single fucking time.

Aye. and the pitch had fuck all to do with that given the ball was in the air on each occcasion.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

St’s showing us how it should be done & v a better side

Watched the second half of that, their composure and aggressive attacking  against a far better side than Qarabag are was a delight to watch.

Pity a pointless foul denied them the win.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“The pitch was dreadful, the heat was oppressive and the referee was useless but let’s not beat about the bush - Aberdeen stunk the place out”

It's a correct analysis.

We were fucking murder, against an average, if not shite, side.

Awful performance.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

What an embarrassment for UEFA and their competition. The pitch condition alone should merit a forfeit. The referee also showed just how poor their pool of officials are.

Will take the 0-1. It’ll be interesting what team Glass picks for Sunday. We can definitely beat this mob, but only if we go at it 100mph so I would expect a similar approach to Raith…

We also can’t be waiting any longer to sign additional players. We need at least one CB, probably 2 after Andy suffering a bad injury, and another striker. Need to get them in now - no pishing about. 

We’re not going to sign anyone before the game next week as that’ll have a huge bearing on the level of player we can afford. Too late to register anyone for the second leg 

50 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye. and the pitch had fuck all to do with that given the ball was in the air on each occcasion.

Watched the second half of that, their composure and aggressive attacking  against a far better side than Qarabag are was a delight to watch.

It's a correct analysis.

Awful performance.

Next week is the time to judge both teams, on a good pitch, conducive to playing good football, as opposed to a farmers field. 

That was 90 mins of my life I would love to forget.

Pitch shite, but for both teams.

My main issue was our almost complete inability to hold onto the ball in midfield.

McCrorie I really rate as a player, but in defence he always makes at least a few almost humdingers that result on goals or hairy moments. Midfield yes. Defence, not for me.

Same for Hayes. So much more going forward, bit of bombscare at back on occassion.

Ojo - work rate brilliant, but I couldn't work out where he was meant to position himself off the ball, and I don't think he did either.

And mad that our most composed players on the park were two of the youngest.

Although 1-0 doesn't seem that bad given the state of the ref and the pitch, it's frustrating as we could have come away form that tie with a lot more if we'd had a bit more composure.

But to sum it up....fuck that pitch.

39 minutes ago, teaboy1903 said:

That was 90 mins of my life I would love to forget.

Pitch shite, but for both teams.

My main issue was our almost complete inability to hold onto the ball in midfield.

McCrorie I really rate as a player, but in defence he always makes at least a few almost humdingers that result on goals or hairy moments. Midfield yes. Defence, not for me.

Same for Hayes. So much more going forward, bit of bombscare at back on occassion.

Ojo - work rate brilliant, but I couldn't work out where he was meant to position himself off the ball, and I don't think he did either.

And mad that our most composed players on the park were two of the youngest.

Although 1-0 doesn't seem that bad given the state of the ref and the pitch, it's frustrating as we could have come away form that tie with a lot more if we'd had a bit more composure.

But to sum it up....fuck that pitch.

Ojo’s work rate was rubbish in the first half Ramirez was further back than him helping out the defence, the second half even the commentator was commenting how he was t tracking back. When he did try to tackle he generally gave away a foul but that could of been because of the shit ref 

I thought mcrorie played well but Mackenzie was our best player, I’m not sure if he played centre half for the youths but he seemed to get better when he moved inside when considine went off.

Ramsay on the other wing was good to ran up and down most of the night. 

Ramirez ran him self into the ground in that heat, the chance he had I think he took it early and scuffed it cos his legs had gone. 

Ferguson put in a lot of work and came into some hefty challenges that the ref should of dealt with stronger earlier 

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

It's a correct analysis.

Awful performance.

What a load of shite