Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

26 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ojo’s work rate was rubbish in the first half Ramirez was further back than him helping out the defence, the second half even the commentator was commenting how he was t tracking back. When he did try to tackle he generally gave away a foul but that could of been because of the shit ref 

If you’re going to slate Ojo then just use the things (there’s plenty of them) that actually happen. 

He won the ball back a fair bit. 

Better game management of Ramirez is going to be essential until we get another striker. The guy was working flat out to make up for JET's lack of ground coverage which resulted in a bit of Headless Chicken Syndrome and ending up absolutely spent after an hour.

If it isn't managed carefully, he's going to wind up injured and we'll be even more hosed.

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If you’re going to slate Ojo then just use the things (there’s plenty of them) that actually happen. 

He won the ball back a fair bit. 

Every thing I said did happen.
He rarely won the ball back they passed it round him like he wasn’t there. The commentators commented on it a few times in the second half.

Unless he is now playing as a centre forward, Ferguson would run forward past him to, he wouldn’t cover back for him so Ferguson had to run back when ojo could of easily covered his position but he would just stand there 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Every thing I said did happen.
He rarely won the ball back they passed it round him like he wasn’t there. The commentators commented on it a few times in the second half.

Unless he is now playing as a centre forward, Ferguson would run forward past him to, he wouldn’t cover back for him so Ferguson had to run back when ojo could of easily covered his position but he would just stand there 

The balance of the midfield isn't right yet. I thought they were both out of sorts first half and there were big holes in the middle of the park at times which were filled with Qarabag shirts. 

But both improved second half to be fair to them. 

7 minutes ago, super_al said:

Gallagher is not suspended according to the iceman on twitter. However their captain and another central midfielder for them who played tonight are. The game next week will be played at midnight their time.

Cards are in our favour.

Plus they are getting no sleep Wednesday 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The balance of the midfield isn't right yet. I thought they were both out of sorts first half and there were big holes in the middle of the park at times which were filled with Qarabag shirts. 

But both improved second half to be fair to them. 

The holes were left in the first half when ojo wasn’t pressing infront of him so brown or Ferguson would press from deep instead by the time they got there the ball was played round them and ojo into the space that was vacated. If ojo pressed in the first instance the hole wouldn’t of been there 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

The holes were left in the first half when ojo wasn’t pressing infront of him so brown or Ferguson would press from deep instead by the time they got there the ball was played round them and ojo into the space that was vacated. If ojo pressed in the first instance the hole wouldn’t of been there 

Nah. 

Brown and Ferguson were both deep and Ojo was being asked to press high. Therefore there was a massive space in midfield. 

It's happened in a few games this season so far. 

Ferguson and Brown played further forward second half so less space between them and Ojo. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Any holes a goal.

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah. 

Brown and Ferguson were both deep and Ojo was being asked to press high. Therefore there was a massive space in midfield. 

It's happened in a few games this season so far. 

Ferguson and Brown played further forward second half so less space between them and Ojo. 

I’m afraid ojo wasn’t pressing high tho. You could see at times first half both were running past him. Even Ramirez tracked back more than ojo when it happened 

Not the greatest game... terrible pitch, but they seemed to look reasonably comfortable on the ball, which doesn't bode well for next week when we're playing on grass rather on something resembling the surface of the moon.

I don't think they're a great team. But I'm still to be convinced we're even a particularly good team.

As much as I enjoy watching JETs skill and link up play - tonight was never going to be a night for him on a pitch like that, in heat like that etc - waste of a shirt, but it basically shows that we have a total lack of attacking options.

Ramirez looked absolutely done in the second half. He was running around like a headless chicken most of the time because of the above point regarding JET.

Ojo was basically lined up as a third striker most of the game - I think we'd have been better with him working back to help the midfield battle instead of standing around further forward than Ramirez and JET at times. If that's where he's been told to play then it's not his fault... but I can't imagine that was Glass' idea?! 

Can we score 2 goals at home against this mob? Who knows, we never tested their defence at all tonight so hard to know how good or bad they are. I'm sure we'll put up a good effort.

My bigger worry is how the game against Hearts is going to pan out... the players will be wrecked after that game tonight, and our B team can't beat Raith. Also, not sure how bad Considine's injury is but if he's out we are threadbare in defence and up front now, and we're also lacking any kind of creative threat without Hedges. Bottom line is we desperately need another 2 or 3 bodies in, and to shift out some more of the deadwood. 

7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yes, can’t get a job. I missed out one word as I was getting a beer. Stark contrast to the endless flow of faecal matter you spray onto this site.

Even had cheek? ???‍♂️

p.s. how long have you been on the dole for?

Really strange things to say to someone that has never been unemployed a single day in his life since leaving school & aiming for retirement at age 52 ?

7 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I'm also hearing that we are short in the centre half position @fine-n-dandy

Really? That’s so amateur that from chairman & manager.

12 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Honestly, it’s like every single post you make says the same thing; cormack and glass bad, the central defence blah blah. We fucking get it the first 100 times.

I was gonna say the exact same thing a few days ago.  Every fuckin post FnD  says  'we need to sign a CB'.  Like he thinks he's noticed something no-one else has,  and he needs to keep reminding everyone that it was him that noticed it first.  He's the most mind numbingly repetitive poster on here by a mile,  and that's saying something. 

• Upvote 4
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why do keepers not use their legs to save?

Happens all the time

Much easier for Lewis to stick his left foot out and stop that shot than get down with his hand

Frustrating 

Because in that situation it would be extremely difficult and he'd look very daft in the process, he's taken a good position and been extremely unlucky that the ball came through the defenders legs.

• Upvote 1
Guest findlay_1903

A lot to do next week, was a hard listen in the combine. Haven’t seen any footage from the goal, but Lewis was getting some of the blame on sportsound. 
Maybe it’s time for woods, even just to give big joe a rocket up his a**e. 
COYR 

25 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

A lot to do next week, was a hard listen in the combine. Haven’t seen any footage from the goal, but Lewis was getting some of the blame on sportsound. 
Maybe it’s time for woods, even just to give big joe a rocket up his a**e. 
COYR 

Lewis kept the tie alive. I don't think woods is the answer. 

Watched a championship game midweek and think standard of goalkeeping generally is poor so we would struggle to do better than Lewis.