Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

How would it be difficult?

His left foot would have gotten across quicker than his left hand went down

And therefore, he would have saved it?

I get that he wouldn't have had much control on where it bounced away to but it's better than in the net!

High chance it goes in of his foot then he'd get complete slaughtered.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I'm sure he played with an eye patch in a game as well. Was maybe for Patrick Thistle however and we scored a pen against him.

Was just weird seeing a keeper with an eye patch. Amateur as fuck. 

Nae keeper should be wearing an eye patch min. I ken Dean Shiels had a glass eye, which is a far better way of dealing with an eye impairment, but Nicky Walker wearing an eye patch, being a goalkeeper as he allegedly was, was just plain daft. 

15 minutes ago, Roberto said:

https://backoffice.afc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=4239&season=1995-96&squad=Senior

Can't find a picture of it, but the memory isn't all bad.

He was shockingly bad. I can't remember why he had to play, but he defo had an eye patch. Fucking hell. Crease.

...and Robert Aitken signed him the following season. Jesus fuck. That was old Roy commencing his own downfall prior to the 5-0 debacle down at Tannadice in late 1997 which ultimately got him sacked. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

High chance?

How you work that out 

It's something keepers generally should do

Your foot will always get to a low shot quicker than your hand will

Not when your weight is on the other leg that is planted, he'd have just fallen over and looked silly if he tried that in that situation last night.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Nae keeper should be wearing an eye patch min. I ken Dean Shiels had a glass eye, which is a far better way of dealing with an eye impairment, but Nicky Walker wearing an eye patch, being a goalkeeper as he allegedly was, was just plain daft. 

Gordon Banks had only one working eye and he was able to play as a goalie, true he didn't look like a tit and wore an eyepatch.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

@Tord31 says he's out for the season. How he would know that is anybody's guess like. 

He's deid for sure. Extent of deidness to be confirmed.

If he hasnt torn his medial (3-4 months) or anterior cruciate (10-15 months) then I shall happily donate another £50 to AberdeenForAll.

I'm feeing fairly negative so I'm gonna say its ACL.

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If he hasnt torn his medial (3-4 months) or anterior cruciate (10-15 months) then I shall happily donate another £50 to AberdeenForAll.

Perhaps an incentive for us to get another CH in before month end?

Not that an incentive was actually need to start with.

19 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

...and Robert Aitken signed him the following season. Jesus fuck. That was old Roy commencing his own downfall prior to the 5-0 debacle down at Tannadice in late 1997 which ultimately got him sacked. 

That was one of the worst games I witnessed for the dons. I even threw my scarf down to the pitch side as I gave Aitken abuse as he walked down to the tunnel

22 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Ferguson also needs to stop throwing himself on the deck when he feels someone breath on him. Boy is constantly looking for free kicks and often makes an arse of it. 

Ferguson was targeted and needed the ref to hand out yellows as a way of protecting him.

Full bodycheck...

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Looking at his face, I immediately feared a career ender.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:13 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Good point, handing the captaincy to him was an insane idea. Not just because a goalkeeper is uniquely unable to influence play but because his personality is not of a leader, of anything let alone men in a physical combat situation.

Because no goalkeeper can be a successful captain eh?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, DelMonte said:

Do you know him? What a fucking stupid comment. 

He is full of shit. A total fantasist.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:26 PM, rocket_scientist said:

What's sad is that some people can't make judgements or even form opinions about others without having personal knowledge of them.

What is really fucking stupid though is not having the imagination to know that many others can. 

My judgement of you is that you’re a sad old alcoholic creep that makes stuff up for attention. Plus, internet = serious business

On 8/20/2021 at 2:21 PM, NEM said:

Some shite spoken on here.  Lewis is the best keeper we've had for about 20 years and is the least of our problems.

Correct

On 8/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Like he shat it and didn't answer the repeated questions as to why he PM'ed me my address and what he was thinking when he revealed my identity on this forum?

Then again, like you 10 years ago when he started with the sick sexual references re my daughters, you don't know where the line is. Saddest of all, you think it offends me where I don't give a fuck what you retards say. It reveals much about you two however.

You still have one of the best all-time toots on here. When you lied about hitting the 15th at Hazlehead no. 1 in two, and then you admitted you were 80 - yes EIGHTY - yards short, "what an arsehole" we all thought. Then you proved that you were indeed "too honest" in the mental health thread, which was harrowing reading. You and Consi thought it "was good to talk about it". The rest of us thought "what a pair of fuck-ups".

Here's some great advice. Don't even think about starting your own business. It WILL fail.

You have had an absolute nightmare here, it’s actually embarrassing to watch unfold.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:35 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Put it this way, we were one of the very best amateur teams in Aberdeen, I then played junior (where Cormack was shit and warmed our bench), got invited by a great AFC keeper to go Highland League (but declined), played for one of the best teams in Scotland when I moved to Glasgow (mostly ex-pros) and thereafter played semi-professional in games that the UK fitba coupons depended on.

I answered yours. Why did you want to know?

A lie is a lie.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Only beaten by the symbolic season book Chuck, usually at the last home game of the season.

I'd often wake up on a Sunday morning with the wee plastic cover for the season ticket melted broon.

Assume deliberately set alight in pub or club in the many hours after another pish performance.

21 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

That was one of the worst games I witnessed for the dons. I even threw my scarf down to the pitch side as I gave Aitken abuse as he walked down to the tunnel

Cannot blame you in the slightest min. How we capitulated that day was reflective of the team of bottlers we had that season, bar perhaps coming from behind to draw 3-3 at ibrox and beating the filth 1-0 courtesy of Stephen Glass's shoulder?

2 games don't make a season though.