Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

29 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Said after the away Breidablik game that Gurr was dirt and was told off by many. 

"Told yi so"

He looked alright initially, beat his man a few times and swing some crosses in. But being a wing back, he needs to be able to actually defend as well.  Was just watching his defending off for Altanta 2 again, he is brutal to watch. 

Above is his "highlights" reel. He looks much better going forward than defending. 

Just now, StandFree1982 said:

He looked alright initially, beat his man a few times and swing some crosses in. But being a wing back, he needs to be able to actually defend as well.  Was just watching his defending off for Altanta 2 again, he is brutal to watch. 

He couldnt pass to a red shirt. Looked like a kid who didnt know what to do when the ball arrived at him. Dog dirt and called it immediately. As WW says, 25/26 years old and never played a senior game of football until signing for us was never going to go well. 

20 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So most of the guys we've got don't fit the Glass system with one pivot and two runners who are expected to press as well as create. 

Brown sits, and McCrorie and Ferguson have the energy to do the running. That would be the best bet at the moment. McGeouch and Campbell are options instead of Brown but neither can control a game. Ojo has had one game where he's played above himself, the rest he's played to his level (which is an improvement on previous seasons where he was utter gash, but it's still not that great).

Guys like Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, Jenks, Hayes, McGinn and JET are all in the mix for the second forward role, rather than midfield. With Hedges and Hayes out I think I'd go with JET as he has at least produced one or two good moments. Kennedy and McLennan aren't good enough. McGinn is done. Jenks is stinking. 

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

Brown sits, and McCrorie and Ferguson have the energy to do the running. That would be the best bet at the moment. McGeouch and Campbell are options instead of Brown but neither can control a game. 

Guys like Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, Jenks, Hayes, McGinn and JET are all in the mix for the second forward role, rather than midfield. 

Aye that's pretty much the way I see it as well. 

41 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Above is his "highlights" reel. He looks much better going forward than defending. 

Looks like most of that is filmed down the local astro pitch playing Sunday League football with his pals. Nearly as bad as the infamous Teddy Jenks "highlight" reel...

47 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Brown sits, and McCrorie and Ferguson have the energy to do the running. That would be the best bet at the moment. McGeouch and Campbell are options instead of Brown but neither can control a game. Ojo has had one game where he's played above himself, the rest he's played to his level (which is an improvement on previous seasons where he was utter gash, but it's still not that great).

Guys like Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, Jenks, Hayes, McGinn and JET are all in the mix for the second forward role, rather than midfield. With Hedges and Hayes out I think I'd go with JET as he has at least produced one or two good moments. Kennedy and McLennan aren't good enough. McGinn is done. Jenks is stinking. 

Don’t slag if ojo 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sorry if I am being a total thicket, but aren’t you missing a midfielder somewhere here?

5 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

C'mon min - aboot time you were updating the predictor league table min. And getting this week's games up 

Done now min.

My aim is to have this done by the Monday lunchtime to allow for Sunday games. I’ll get up early if I can.

I’m posting the weekly games but can take any predictions for the season if you want to cover any time you might not be available

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Off the top of my head I think Qarabag's results this season are

0-0

1-0

1-1

1-0

1-1

Surely thats suggests we need to go all out defensive and we should be coming back to pittodrie still in the tie

5 at the back.

Depends, if they are missing players this may our best chance. 

55 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think that may take some time to get the players to understand each other’s game.

He played a lovely snapshot thru ball for McLennan who unfortunately was on his heels.

On his heels…. just after he’d clumsily over hit the ball when he had a chance to go through on goal. 
If we’re relying on him (with Hayes & Hedges out for a good while potentially) then we’re going to struggle.

If he has a brain, it isn’t a football one. 

Premier Sports maybe being a bit cynical and thinking they've already picked up this month's subscription money from Aberdeen fans so no point shelling out to cover more matches already, whereas they haven't shown any St Johnstone games yet so will pick up some money by showing their match instead. 

As you say, hopefully the BBC will show our game.