Fall of Kabul

Ke1t

26 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I never said it would be easy, but it's certainly possibly considering the numerous people who manage. 

I accept that some people can't exit poverty due to many issues, but I don't accept that "my dad lost his job in the mine and was on the dole, while I got free education, and free school meals" is a valid reason in the majority of cases.

I'm not comparing them to what people from well off families achieve. I'm just suggesting that there is possible way out of poverty. Even a couple both working full time in minimum wage jobs won't be in poverty. I'm not suggesting that the entire ex mining communities of Fife should be door to door millionaires, just that with a little ambition, hard work and not being a complete idiot they'd escape the clutches of extreme poverty that is all thatchers fault. 

You enjoy the cafe racer?

Yeah. One of my regular favourites these days. 

Really getting in to the porters. Any you'd recommend? 

I loved this when I had it earlier in the year but I've been unable to find it since 

https://www.beermerchants.com/pohjala-cinnabun

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. One of my regular favourites these days. 

Really getting in to the porters. Any you'd recommend? 

I loved this when I had it earlier in the year but I've been unable to find it since 

https://www.beermerchants.com/pohjala-cinnabun

Probably only imported once a year by Eebriatrade. Probably late autumn/early winter. 

Heaps o decent stouts. Do you like Brewdog nitro Jet Black Heart?

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Probably only imported once a year by Eebriatrade. Probably late autumn/early winter. 

Heaps o decent stouts. Do you like Brewdog nitro Jet Black Heart?

It's alright. Don't dislike it. 

There's a Vocation one called "Sweet Temptation" that I love. It's sweet as fuck but absolutely delicious. 

Just now, Parklife said:

It's alright. Don't dislike it. 

There's a Vocation one called "Sweet Temptation" that I love. It's sweet as fuck but absolutely delicious. 

Those jutes will probably do a few you like. Maybe some overtone if you fancy going hard. 

The Kernel, do an export stout that was a game changer back in the day. Probably hard to find, maybe good spirit co in Glasgow. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:16 PM, Ke1t said:

Anyone who knows a bit of history could have told you pretty much exactly how the invasion of Afghanistan would end for the US. 

Most of us are too young, or weren't even born, when Saigon fell to the Communists, but... with history having a habit of teaching politicians absolutely nothing... we'll always have the opportunity to see the same shit happen again. 

This is this generation's fall of Saigon. 

US completely pulling out of embassy in Afghanistan over the next 72 hours - YouTube

What a fucking waste.

Edit: at least he nearly got a VC...

33 minutes ago, dervish said:

What a fucking waste.

Edit: at least he nearly got a VC...

Was almost an almost identical tale to me fighting rangers at the battle of ibrox85, I salute him. True warriors, brothers in arms. Hope these days he has an easier life cooking up a storm in a chinky takeaway, hero.

24 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Was almost an almost identical tale to me fighting rangers at the battle of ibrox85, I salute him. True warriors, brothers in arms. Hope these days he has an easier life cooking up a storm in a chinky takeaway, hero.

Nah right enough.

Not one for despise.

You'll do.