Fall of Kabul

Ke1t

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Who the fuck are you to sit in judgement of religion? What gives you the right to impose your views - not that sheep like you have any of your own - and declare that some people and principles are "out of kilter"? What does "the majority of the world" stand for? Our values aye? Do you believe what the various incumbents of the offices of the POTUS and the PM tell you?

Bit in bold - I'm me and I'll say what I damn well like and like what I damn well say ?

Do I believe them, do I fuck. They are politicians after all.

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Apparently they (taliban) released about 5000 thousand prisoners from jail when they took over one of the cities. 
presumably hoping they would get some new recruits or some of their members were amongst the crims.  Otherwise seems a strange move for a group purporting to be deeply religious 

It was Kandahar jail and they are about to do the same in Kabul which holds the former Guantanamo bay 9/11 terrorists.

most of the prisoners would have been sympathetic towards the taliban, some would have been the taliban and the rest being held would have been forced to join.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nobody likes to be seen as a fool. It upsets the fool to be seen as one. I can't understand why you present yourself as a fool. By opening your mouth and saying whatever the fuck you like, you reveal too much. 

What I don't understand is how someone who can be so quick to chastise and offer opinions about others can be so utterly ignorant about themselves ?

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It was Kandahar jail and they are about to do the same in Kabul which holds the former Guantanamo bay 9/11 terrorists.

most of the prisoners would have been sympathetic towards the taliban, some would have been the taliban and the rest being held would have been forced to join.

Let's be honest most of the prisoners would have been sympathetic towards anyone who freed them and were against the then existing, now toppled, government ?

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can spin it any way you want but it can't change the incredibly sad words you posted. And it is tragic to see grown men failing to understand what they think. As tragic as people inventing and fabricating things online. 

And here we go back to your same old routine, ignoring the point, lashing out and making sweeping judgements about others about things that really shouldn't get you angry but for some inexplicable reason does - and that's what makes it funny!

As much as I would like to continue this I'm off to my bed. Been a busy day and more holiday activities planned for tomorrow.

Night ?

13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I thought this was brilliant. Not as in "Haha, fuck America" but as in "We fucking told you so" 

spacer.png

For being portrayed as a novelty dads army sort in many parts of Hollywood, they haven’t half held their own. Abstract ways, but here’s them laughing like fuck at the western war machine at the end of the day. Great picture 

4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Let's be honest most of the prisoners would have been sympathetic towards anyone who freed them and were against the then existing, now toppled, government ?

Agreed, Regarding China.

they would be pretty daft to get involved with the Afghan war simply because they have never been a target for these groups and they hurt the west. So win win

the reason they are going softly softly on international TV is because they are trying to legitimatise a government and want it internationally recognised, that’s why they are trying to rebrand as the Islamic state of Afghanistan.Taliban has always seen there selves as the religious leaders and governance but not terrorists, hardline religious yes, it’s the cunts like al nusra and al qaida that are salafist Muslims(take the Koran literally) they are the ones that really despise western democracy and well everything about us.

R_S also touched on a point on page 1, about their way of life, although difficult for us to comprehend, is it what the general population of Afghan want? 

not a bullet fired, the Taliban saying anyone who doesn’t want to be hear will be allowed to leave safely (unsure if that will extend to yanks). In the grand scheme of things, is it the most peaceful take over ever? Almost as if it was wanted/ expected/ inevitable ? 

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

R_S also touched on a point on page 1, about their way of life, although difficult for us to comprehend, is it what the general population of Afghan want? 

not a bullet fired, the Taliban saying anyone who doesn’t want to be hear will be allowed to leave safely (unsure if that will extend to yanks). In the grand scheme of things, is it the most peaceful take over ever? Almost as if it was wanted/ expected/ inevitable ? 

It’s a country that’s been in conflict for over 100 years, I do think that the civilians would be just looking for peace, (no outside influence)whoever guarantees that for them.

4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Give me something to read tomorrow then RS.

Do you support the Taliban?

The Bear Went Over The Mountain... a study of Soviet tactics. The only ones with more brutal tactics than the Soviets were the Taliban. 

Afghanistan: Graveyard of Empires... which is just what it sounds like

Or just watch The Beast... NANAWATAI!

Fucking brilliant film. 

The Beast (1988) Mujahadeen Daylight Ambush - YouTube

The  fact is the Americans/UK and NATO have been lying about what great training we were giving the Afghan Army for years now.

Been reading a few articles and it was all a show and a few contractors and politicians ( Afghanis) were syphoning off much of the $100s of billions.

The Afghan army was just a bunch of boys who couldn't read or write from the sticks ( were the Taliban came from). Most never got paid.  THeir Afghan officers were put in place through nepotism..and the ability to steal the wages that were meant to go to the soldiers.

The Americans at first had reports etc but as thin gs failed to improve these reports were classified.  So who can blame them at thee first sign of the Taliban they said "fuck this" and buggered off?

3 hours ago, Oregon Red said:

The  fact is the Americans/UK and NATO have been lying about what great training we were giving the Afghan Army for years now.

Been reading a few articles and it was all a show and a few contractors and politicians ( Afghanis) were syphoning off much of the $100s of billions.

The Afghan army was just a bunch of boys who couldn't read or write from the sticks ( were the Taliban came from). Most never got paid.  THeir Afghan officers were put in place through nepotism..and the ability to steal the wages that were meant to go to the soldiers.

The Americans at first had reports etc but as thin gs failed to improve these reports were classified.  So who can blame them at thee first sign of the Taliban they said "fuck this" and buggered off?

Never trust anyone who wears sandals

8 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The Bear Went Over The Mountain... a study of Soviet tactics. The only ones with more brutal tactics than the Soviets were the Taliban. 

Afghanistan: Graveyard of Empires... which is just what it sounds like

Or just watch The Beast... NANAWATAI!

Fucking brilliant film.

The Beast (1988) Mujahadeen Daylight Ambush - YouTube

Will give The Beast a watch, reminds me of 9th Company which was decent.

8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

It is scary for the mutants and the morons to consider the possibility that our leaders are corrupt. "The biggest lies will be hidden by public incredulity".

Don't think I have read on here anyone who categorically believes everything that the Govt says and we all know how corrupt leaders can be - be them politicians or business leaders.

Private eye has a new book coming out covering the last 6 decades and the biggest exposes they were responsible for during each.

Just proves nothing has changed, politicians and leaders are as corrupt now as they were 60 years ago.

8 hours ago, Dons79 said:

It’s a country that’s been in conflict for over 100 years, I do think that the civilians would be just looking for peace, (no outside influence)whoever guarantees that for them.

Afghanistan has always been in conflict, they unite to fight invaders and if there's not an invasion, they fight each other.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Absolute chaos at Kabul airport right now, by the looks of it. Reports the US troops have shot 5 civilians dead. They're also using an Apache helicopter to try and clear the runway and allow planes to take off, so I'd expect many more dead civilians. 

Imagine Trump was making as big a cunt of this as Biden?

lol