Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

On 8/20/2021 at 10:01 PM, Redtaz2 said:

Do you  not understand concept or context in written form , I only stated your obvious little friend should GTF  In reply to his statement 

however your are indeed “ blinkered” or worse in your assertions , fortunately your views are only mildly supported in what is just a forum after all 

have you thought about a career in politics 

Bore off you weegie cunt ? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

After having been brought up in Aberdeen and now an out of towner. Pittodrie is a bastard to get to. If they do upgrade Pittodrie or build a new stadium down there I hope there are better transport links considered. 

15 min walk from the city centre. Numerous city and shire bus routes within 10min walk. Park and ride busses operated by the club to different areas before/after games. Free parking fairly close to stadium. Numerous bars, restaurants, takeaways, shops within walking distance. 20min walk from main bus and train stations. 

Pittodrie/beach location is fucking fine. Some folk will moan regardless.

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I still think a massive opportunity was missed to turn Union Terrace Gardens into our stadium / community sporting centre of excellence. Imagine how it would have looked, carved into the heart of the city, revitalising all around it.

But no one had the vision, balls, or money.

Could have been like the coliseum in Rome! 

2 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Exactly. They could have kept elements of the garden structure, combined with elements from Pittodrie. History absolutely soaked into every aspect of the place.

But no, a slightly bigger Tony Macaroni Arena it is, somewhere, then.

When Ian Wood had his plans to renovate Union Terrace Gardens they reckoned the scheme would cost approx £140 million. How much would it cost to build a stadium there? Would be incredible but financially unfeasible.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

When Ian Wood had his plans to renovate Union Terrace Gardens they reckoned the scheme would cost approx £140 million. How much would it cost to build a stadium there? Would be incredible but financially unfeasible.

FFS man, he's yanking your chain.

You'd be lucky to get a full size pitch on the footprint, never mind the stands.

1 hour ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I still think a massive opportunity was missed to turn Union Terrace Gardens into our stadium / community sporting centre of excellence. Imagine how it would have looked, carved into the heart of the city, revitalising all around it.

But no one had the vision, balls, or money.

I'm pretty sure there's not enough room at UTG.

It looks like there is, but when you take a scale copy of Pittodrie's footprint and crudely photoshop it onto UTG, even the current stadium straddles Denburn Road, right across UTG and smashes through the Caledonian Mercoor (or whatever the fuck they're calling it now) and pokes through onto Diamond Street. 

I'm no architect, but it looks like it would take some spectacularly creative stadium design to plant a stadium there, more's the pity. 

I'd happily see buildings demolished to do that, though.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Good work Kelt. Just proves that it is feasible.

We can put men on the moon, build cars that drive themselves, walk around with wee computers in our pockets. Rearrange a few buildings? Piece of piss.

Come on Aberdeen City Council, make it happen and restore some civic pride to this great, historic city.

Are you one of the men we put on the moon?

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Still think the whole 'stadium at the beach' plan is just posturing by ACC in an attempt to win votes at next years council elections. If thats the case then AFC will be the only losers as stadium plans elsewhere will continue to be pushed back. I'd not be surprised if we still end up at Kingsford by 2030.

I was told of the cricket pitch location back in January. Wasn't convinced back then when told but the person who told me was clearly spot on.

Their take on this is that the council are serious about the beach development and want the new stadium there. After a change in shopping habits and then Covid, the council know that businesses would suffer enormously if the stadium was out at Westhill.

31 minutes ago, RUL said:

Council just motioned that any stadium be paid for by Aberdeen fc and that the land not be given to afc at discounted rate. 

What a bunch of fucking arseholes.  Announce a stadium at the beach, and turn the fans against Kingsford indefinitely, a location where the club have a site ready to go. 

And now basically giving no financial assistance  and at the same time demanding money for a site that theyve identified and promoted, and which will require extensive and expensive work for foundations over and above that required at AFCs original site. 

Arseholes. 

44 minutes ago, RUL said:

Council just motioned that any stadium be paid for by Aberdeen fc and that the land not be given to afc at discounted rate. 

AFC need to tell them to poke it and revert to Kingsford if ACC are not genuine in doing the best for residents, supporters and club.

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

What a bunch of fucking arseholes.  Announce a stadium at the beach, and turn the fans against Kingsford indefinitely, a location where the club have a site ready to go. 

And now basically giving no financial assistance  and at the same time demanding money for a site that theyve identified and promoted, and which will require extensive and expensive work for foundations over and above that required at AFCs original site. 

Arseholes. 

Wasn’t convinced the stadium would end up at the beach even once the council first announced they wanted it there, and shit like this is the reason why. They were never going to offer AFC any decent incentives to stay. They’ve never done anything to help AFC in my lifetime, they won’t start now.

The club should be telling the council they need to foot the bill for whatever extra it costs to build at the beach rather than Kingsford and that’s it.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

What's all the pant phishing for.

The SNP and the Libs tried to get through a motion that no council funds would be used.

However it was voted down and the council are looking to part fund the project.

Dont vote SNP and Liberal would be the solution.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

What's all the pant phishing for.

The SNP and the Libs tried to get through a motion that no council funds would be used.

However it was voted down and the council are looking to part fund the project.

Dont vote SNP and Liberal would be the solution.

not what this article says 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/council-open-to-providing-funding-for-joint-venture-stadium-with-dons/

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They are all cunts. Lying cunts. SNP doesn't come into my thinking. Every single one of them elected in this city have been utter clowns.

No one has done any good in this city since being elected. None of them. I can't trust a city council who put in a fucking cycle lane during Covid, to realise how thick they were being, to then retract it. ££££££.

To be fair they saved a lot of lives by making Rosemount one way and sticking cones everywhere.

The parking in the middle of the road was a master stroke in defeating covid.

This is why the city is an absolute pile of patchwork trash. All partisan decisions flip and turn on a dime. All Parties should agree and commit to strategic plans, no matter who’s in power. The whole point of these proposals are to regenerate our dump of a city centre, caused by these fucking idiots. It’s not fucking rocket science.

I’ve previously called for a standing committee to oversee fundamental projects to do with town planning and strategy, to protect us from these absolute fucking clowns.

Who fucking cares, let them get back to pointing at people with their thumbs - bunch of fucking wasters these career politicians. Scum, subhuman scum.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

This is why the city is an absolute pile of patchwork trash. All partisan decisions flip and turn on a dime. All Parties should agree and commit to strategic plans, no matter who’s in power. The whole point of these proposals are to regenerate our dump of a city centre, caused by these fucking idiots. It’s not fucking rocket science.

I’ve previously called for a standing committee to oversee fundamental projects to do with town planning and strategy, to protect us from these absolute fucking clowns.

Well said min.