Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

This is why the city is an absolute pile of patchwork trash. All partisan decisions flip and turn on a dime. All Parties should agree and commit to strategic plans, no matter who’s in power. The whole point of these proposals are to regenerate our dump of a city centre, caused by these fucking idiots. It’s not fucking rocket science.

I’ve previously called for a standing committee to oversee fundamental projects to do with town planning and strategy, to protect us from these absolute fucking clowns.

Who fucking cares, let them get back to pointing at people with their thumbs - bunch of fucking wasters these career politicians. Scum, subhuman scum.

I find it funny the stick SNP gets on here from so many tory knobjockeys when the reason fk all gets done in Aberdeen is because it’s always being run (down) by Tories ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HHGH said:

Is the new stadium going to have enough seats for away supports? I’ve always thought AFC were missing a trick by not doing what similar sized clubs like Kilmarnock and Motherwell do, and selling more tickets to away fans. Loads of Huns up there. Two games at home v them, you could probably sign a player or two with that sort of cash. ?‍♂️

Hun alert. Get rid @Bebo

On 8/26/2021 at 1:34 AM, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I still think a massive opportunity was missed to turn Union Terrace Gardens into our stadium / community sporting centre of excellence. Imagine how it would have looked, carved into the heart of the city, revitalising all around it.

But no one had the vision, balls, or money.

Read elsewhere that Aberdeen isn't really a big football city (an opinion I suppose, but maybe not far off the mark). Not sure if the wider community would support a football stadium smack bang in the middle of the city, regardless of council support? 

• 2 months later...
Guest findlay_1903
28 minutes ago, slippers said:

Photos released today look incredible! Too good to be true. Seems very ambitious for 150m even if we are shelling out a fair bit for the ground ourselves! 

Link?

4 hours ago, sheepshagger said:

35k capacity? Why would we need that, be 20k empty seats and would look awful. 

Building for the future 

Top 100 club & all that ?

in all seriousness though, if Scottish football is to move forward (& have realistic hopes of hosting major tournaments) then we have to build the infrastructure to do so.

Build a stadium with intentions of not using upper tiers (unless required) but designed in a way that you can still harness a decent atmosphere from just filling the lower tiers.

I hate our negative outlook/hopes in terms of hoping to attract bigger crowds in reality whilst the club feeds us all the BS about fake ‘Top 100’ intentions when they don’t back their words with forward planning for it happening. All they do is speak shite to please fans but they don’t back up their bravado chat. Club s being run by politicians not football men. Snake oil selling cunts