Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I know which way I'm leaning, but feel free to clarify. 

??

It's definitely not the latter,  considering I'm not from Aberdeen and I live in Glasgow. If I had a 'local club for local people' attitude I'd be excluding myself. I just thought you seemed a bit keen to blow up Pittodrie for someone that doesn't go there? Do you mean relocate or rebuild on current site?

30 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Now is this line of questioning the result of a genuine, and to be honest, rather flattering fascination with my motivation and psyche, or is it some kind of Royston Vasey 'Local Club for Local People' thing, and you're suggesting only people from within some arbitrary radius of Pittodrie, known only to yourself, should be having their opinions?

I know which way I'm leaning, but feel free to clarify. 

??

By all accounts, you put in more money to AFC than the weegie does and as good a cunt as he may be, we need a new stadium.

8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

It's definitely not the latter,  considering I'm not from Aberdeen and I live in Glasgow. If I had a 'local club for local people' attitude I'd be excluding myself. I just thought you seemed a bit keen to blow up Pittodrie for someone that doesn't go there? Do you mean relocate or rebuild on current site?

I don't care where they rebuild it. If they want to balance it on stilts or on wobbly comedy springs in the same footprint, or smash down some buildings in the middle of the city (would be my preference, tbh) then go for it. The 'I'll blow it up' comment was a device by which to highlight how much I'm done with the current stadium. 

Although I definitely would fly in just to blow it up if I won a competition to do so. 

When I first started going to Pittodrie you would wade through 2 inches of pish to get to the wall designated as the place you pished against. And while the reek of beer, fags, pish, and Bovril will always hold a special place in my heart, are we now not men? Separate and distinct from the beasts of the forest, and Huns? 

You can only update so many times before you admit you're beating a dying horse... and if I have to look at the fungus fields on the roof of the Main Stand for much longer I feel like might do a bitch serious harm. 

Why will they not fucking do something about that? 

Do they think it's a good look for the club?

Every time a European side comes here with their cameras they're pointing directly at 15 metric tons of mould. It's like having dogshit outside your chip shop and never clearing it away.  The fuck kind of impression does that make?

I'm getting one of my fucking heads, now... 

• Upvote 1
On 11/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Ke1t said:

I don't care where they rebuild it. If they want to balance it on stilts or on wobbly comedy springs in the same footprint, or smash down some buildings in the middle of the city (would be my preference, tbh) then go for it. The 'I'll blow it up' comment was a device by which to highlight how much I'm done with the current stadium. 

Although I definitely would fly in just to blow it up if I won a competition to do so. 

When I first started going to Pittodrie you would wade through 2 inches of pish to get to the wall designated as the place you pished against. And while the reek of beer, fags, pish, and Bovril will always hold a special place in my heart, are we now not men? Separate and distinct from the beasts of the forest, and Huns? 

You can only update so many times before you admit you're beating a dying horse... and if I have to look at the fungus fields on the roof of the Main Stand for much longer I feel like might do a bitch serious harm. 

Why will they not fucking do something about that? 

Do they think it's a good look for the club?

Every time a European side comes here with their cameras they're pointing directly at 15 metric tons of mould. It's like having dogshit outside your chip shop and never clearing it away.  The fuck kind of impression does that make?

I'm getting one of my fucking heads, now... 

The moss is what’s blocking the holes & keeping the rain out. It’s probably even structural by now

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The moss is what’s blocking the holes & keeping the rain out. It’s probably even structural by now

I worked at a place where they took a few tonnes of moss off an industrial roof, next time it rained heavily, it was like a sieve.

The moss on the main stand is probably helping to waterproof it.

It looks reasonable (the new proposal and the architect drawing for the beachfront stadium).

I wouldn’t be against it. Whether it actually happens is another question though. The club are still a good few years away from stumping up £50m to pay for a new stadium.

It will be fully funded though. It’s amazing that people from other countries will stump up cash to help us build a new stadium….I wonder what they want in return (that never gets mentioned)?

4 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

It looks reasonable (the new proposal and the architect drawing for the beachfront stadium).

I wouldn’t be against it. Whether it actually happens is another question though. The club are still a good few years away from stumping up £50m to pay for a new stadium.

It will be fully funded though. It’s amazing that people from other countries will stump up cash to help us build a new stadium….I wonder what they want in return (that never gets mentioned)?

Lib Dem’s against any public funding going into it. But happy for the funding to go into a swimming pool or something like that? The stadium is probably as big a part of the community than anything else and contributes to a lot more money going to other businesses on match day. 

Steven Gunn said a few months back that he expects us to be sitting in stadium in 3-5 years so they must have some sort of idea for funding when saying something like that. 

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

Lib Dem’s against any public funding going into it. But happy for the funding to go into a swimming pool or something like that? The stadium is probably as big a part of the community than anything else and contributes to a lot more money going to other businesses on match day. 

Exactly min. 

Build it at the beach and the non footballing members of families are likely to go to the leisure centre, codonas, cinema etc while the football is on. Huge opportunity to make sure the other businesses in that part of town benefit from the football. 

If the council are genuinely serious about keeping the club in the beach area then we should call their bluff and demand a big investment and major rates discount for a lot of years. Local business people will want Aberdeen FC staying in the area and help force a decent deal through. 
It’s just upto our board members to come up with the rest of the funding to prove their worth. 
I know they have the financial ability to make sure we are debt free but do they have the ability to make others spend their dough on the new stadium, only time will tell.

17 minutes ago, BitWait said:

According to some at cop 26 a beach site will be flood plain by 2050 if we don't all buy electric cars this year. Better Kingsford and we can stay there for the next 200 years at least.

I wouldn't worry about that. This civilisation will have collapsed long before then. A return to the dark ages is all we have to look forward to. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

World Cup 2030: UK & Republic of Ireland FAs abandon 2030 bid to focus on Euro 2028 - BBC Sport

If ever there was a chance to get government funding for a new stadium?

It's like 2002/2003 all over again!

The way things are going , there will only be Colgate Dave and smashed glass sitting watching the games taking place in division 1 in the super new stadium. 

Get it built at Kingsford.... if it weeds out the part time supporters who wont go any more if they have to travel 7 miles from the city centre then that can only be a good thing. True fans won't care where they have to go to watch the Dons.

We have the site all ready for the stadium to be built on.... why even bother looking elsewhere.

• Upvote 4
On 11/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, slippers said:

Steven Gunn said a few months back that he expects us to be sitting in stadium in 3-5 years so they must have some sort of idea for funding when saying something like that. 

I stopped reading there.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Get it built at Kingsford.... if it weeds out the part time supporters who wont go any more if they have to travel 7 miles from the city centre then that can only be a good thing. True fans won't care where they have to go to watch the Dons.

We have the site all ready for the stadium to be built on.... why even bother looking elsewhere.

Move it to Spain then, get some decent weather.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, starryfish said:

World Cup 2030: UK & Republic of Ireland FAs abandon 2030 bid to focus on Euro 2028 - BBC Sport

If ever there was a chance to get government funding for a new stadium?

It's like 2002/2003 all over again!

Gutted. I was very keen on the UK World Cup bid. Weird that England havent hosted a World Cup since 1966 really. 

No chance we'd get in on it though. Grounds will need to be at least 30 or more likely 40k to host the Euros. No use to us. And theres plenty grounds across the UK and Ireland without needing to build any.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Gutted. I was very keen on the UK World Cup bid. Weird that England havent hosted a World Cup since 1966 really. 

No chance we'd get in on it though. Grounds will need to be at least 30 or more likely 40k to host the Euros. No use to us. And theres plenty grounds across the UK and Ireland without needing to build any.

Should keep England out of any bid for 2028, the scenes at the final last summer will quite possibly KO their hopes of getting the tournament again so soon.