Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Can’t help thinking the best option is the old AECC site at BoD. Not sure if there are alternative plans for that site but with the AWPR access just up the road, Park n ride already there, no brainer but alas, brains are in short supply

Earmarked for housing for some time.

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think most of us would probably prefer a 20,000 seat stadium at the beach. 

But if you had the choice between a 16000 stadium at the beach or a 20,000 stadium at Kingsford what would you choose? 

Because that's what we're probably faced with, realistically. 

Kingsford 100%. The beach would just be a disaster.

• Haha 1

16k is short sighted.

As we seen against United, we can comfortably fill 19-20k on occasions.  Limiting the capacity just means we're reducing the amount of potential tickets sold, the potential for decent sized Scotland games and/or Euros/World cup games if UK hosts.  

What would be better is 20k, but designed in a way that we can section it so we're not having the full thing open even when there's only 12-14k in it. 

When would the planning permission permit run out at Kingsford? Is it 3 years? If so, must be getting close to that. No sure how you get round that, if no spade has been stuck in the ground by then but the Westhill lesbians will be getting moist at the thought of another battle with us.

Have to say, surprised that Cormack is even entertaining the beach white elephant. Pie in the sky Cooncil nonsense, even moreso when it looks like we are paying for the fucker as well. 

Land already secured at Kingsford, site cleared and decontaminated, just get it built 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

When would the planning permission permit run out at Kingsford? Is it 3 years? If so, must be getting close to that. No sure how you get round that, if no spade has been stuck in the ground by then but the Westhill lesbians will be getting moist at the thought of another battle with us.

Have to say, surprised that Cormack is even entertaining the beach white elephant. Pie in the sky Cooncil nonsense, even moreso when it looks like we are paying for the fucker as well. 

Land already secured at Kingsford, site cleared and decontaminated, just get it built 

I think because the council demanded the training facilities and stadium went in as one planning application and we've began work by building the training facilities already there is no time limit on it now

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NEM said:

Fuck Kingsford.  Can't believe dons fans are actually entertaining the idea of moving out there.  

I dont think so many people would consider Kingsford had there been planning consent at both sites. Id much rather move to a purpose built stadium at Kingsford than remain at Pittodrie long term. 

I'd rather stay at Pittodrie than move to Kingsford. 

My dilemma is whether I want to stay at the beach in a new downsized 16000 stadium or go to a new 20000 seater stadium at Kingsford which was originally mooted there. 

On balance I'd probably go for the beach location but I'm uncomfortable about tying ourselves to such a low capacity long term. 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

I dont think so many people would consider Kingsford had there been planning consent at both sites. Id much rather move to a purpose built stadium at Kingsford than remain at Pittodrie long term. 

Each to their own but I’d rather stay at pittodrie, as dilapidated as it is.

Complete no brainer between a new stadium at the beach or one in Westhill 

• Upvote 1

We do some mucking about trying to decide etc where we are going to put a new stadium. These muppets shouldn’t be running a football club. I will take over and make the decision for them if needed. The gimps at the council will agree with me, it will be a breeze to achieve this in a very short space of time.

Aberdeen was always considered an innovative club, so this should be easy enough. 

Design some modular stadium that you can just pop in extra seating or new stands like Lego. 

16,000k capacity? Not happy?

Pull out that stand that holds 4,000... stuck in a stand that holds 8,000. 

Chinese could design and build it in a few hours. 

Might look like Lego and not work properly, but a British built one is going to look like it's built with Lego and isn't going to work properly either.

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, NEM said:

Each to their own but I’d rather stay at pittodrie, as dilapidated as it is.

Complete no brainer between a new stadium at the beach or one in Westhill 

Pittodrie is a dump. If sir alex thinks we should build a new one that’s good enough for me. 

If we go for less than the current capacity that’s short sightedness on the clubs part doesn’t matter where it’s built 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Pittodrie is a dump. If sir alex thinks we should build a new one that’s good enough for me. 

If we go for less than the current capacity that’s short sightedness on the clubs part doesn’t matter where it’s built 

Nonsense. If you’re not happy with pittodrie you can always fuck off and support Week Academy 

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Fuck Kingsford.  Can't believe dons fans are actually entertaining the idea of moving out there.  

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

That's my take on it anyway.

Spot on