Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye further making your point about a 14k stadium redundant

Who mentioned a 14k stadium!?

Merely saying that even at our most successful, crowds were nowhere near requiring a stadium of 20k or more

There's not some mass untapped well of fans to encourage through the door 

2 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

I disagree. I think the beach stadium will come to fruition. Kingsford would be fine and I would go along but the potential for a city stadium is a huge opportunity for AFC and ACC.

ACC have no interest in building a stadium at the beach or helping AFC in any way. It's all political posturing to try to get votes in the upcoming local council elections. It still amazes me that people can't see this.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

ACC have no interest in building a stadium at the beach or helping AFC in any way. It's all political posturing to try to get votes in the upcoming local council elections. It still amazes me that people can't see this.

It really isn’t political posturing. It’s about saving our city centre and ACC know they have to act now. The money that AFC playing at home in the town generates to other businesses simply cannot be underestimated. It’s bad now, imagine what it would be like if AFC move out of the city!!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

It really isn’t political posturing. It’s about saving our city centre and ACC know they have to act now. The money that AFC playing at home in the town generates to other businesses simply cannot be underestimated. It’s bad now, imagine what it would be like if AFC move out of the city!!

They need to fast track the planning and hand us 10m towards it then!

1 minute ago, El Pacino said:

Why wait until months before an election to come out with all these plans then? Why were they not so keen to keep the dons in the city a few years back when they themselves were giving them planning permission to build at Kingsford?

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Why wait until months before an election to come out with all these plans then? Why were they not so keen to keep the dons in the city a few years back when they themselves were giving them planning permission to build at Kingsford?

The city council has been given additional funds by the UK government as part of the levelling up scheme.

We are also seeing companies move into city centre offices getting perks from ACC to do so to generate more business.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Do you not remember Boulton and others derided as NIMBYs saying the council owns land, let’s do everything to keep the stadium in the city?

1 minute ago, El Pacino said:

The city council has been given additional funds by the UK government as part of the levelling up scheme.

And they are not going to spend it on anything that will help a privately run company. Give it a few months after the election (whoever wins) and another project will have come along which will be deemed more important and which the money will be put towards.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, Millertime said:

We didn't get crowds over 14k or so when SAF was in charge, so, no, there's not untapped customers out there 

You mentioned 14k you fucking dunderheed ?

.....and we had several crowds over 20k the season you were on about.

If the cost of the stadium has risen to £72m, imagine how much a replacement Ice Rink, Leisure Centre, the pier going away into the North Sea, the fucking zipline down from the top of broad hill and all the other ridiculous pish the council were planning on building will have increased too? 

The council didn't even have the money for it before, so they definitely don't have the money for it at an increased price now. Unless the government are going to fund the whole thing, I'd be very surprised to see any of this happen this decade. 

On 4/12/2022 at 12:13 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

And they are not going to spend it on anything that will help a privately run company. Give it a few months after the election (whoever wins) and another project will have come along which will be deemed more important and which the money will be put towards.

Cynical. That’s ok though ??

17 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Oh fuck that Winters / Dodds deal I bet Jim McLean couldn't believe his fucking luck

That deal was a shocker looking back at it. Had it been a straight swap i think it would have been a good deal for us (swapping an almost 30 year old striker for a 23 year old) and to give Winters his due his goalscoring record for the dons wasn't too disimilar to Dodds. It's the fact we gave them so much cash too. If you add the value at the time of Billy Dodds to the cash we gave them it would probably eclipse the £1 million paid for Paul Bernard as our record signing.

• Upvote 2
On 4/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

That deal was a shocker looking back at it. Had it been a straight swap i think it would have been a good deal for us (swapping an almost 30 year old striker for a 23 year old) and to give Winters his due his goalscoring record for the dons wasn't too disimilar to Dodds. It's the fact we gave them so much cash too. If you add the value at the time of Billy Dodds to the cash we gave them it would probably eclipse the £1 million paid for Paul Bernard as our record signing.

We've been run by idiots for 3 decades

• Upvote 2
On 4/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

Yeah, let's discuss it again

Hasn't been mentioned for at least 3 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1