Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Based on wicks interview the stadium will not happen without council financial assistance.

Call the councils bluff, they cant get what they want by us staying in the city and not contribute. Fuck them, every year the cunts shift the deckchairs with the elections.  

He’s not exactly going to say we can fund it ourselves - that would be terrible negotiation.

The HUGE potential for this to achieve funding is ensuring it is a showcase of net zero technology - it could be a vanity project for an operator looking to show transformation. Imagine a stadium that is entirely sustainable, and actually goes beyond net zero, and contributes kWh to the city via clean energy capture.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You've really nae read up much on this matter have you?

What have I not read? Enlighten me?
I’m aware of the beach regeneration masterplan, but haven’t seen anything that says that the old or new council intended to use some of the funds to help build a stadium? Happy to be proved wrong though, and if you can point to anything that states this I’ll put my hands up and admit I’ve obviously not read up on it enough.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

What have I not read? Enlighten me?
I’m aware of the beach regeneration masterplan, but haven’t seen anything that says that the old or new council intended to use some of the funds to help build a stadium? Happy to be proved wrong though, and if you can point to anything that states this I’ll put my hands up and admit I’ve obviously not read up on it enough.

That's an improvement. See? 5 mins googling and you're approximating the gist of the debate

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

That's an improvement. See? 5 mins googling and you're approximating the gist of the debate

What are you going on about? I know all about the beach plan… everyone does, but the stadium part of it isnt viable unless the council help with funding. This isn’t going to happen (unless you know different).

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Is thon guy Ian Yuill now joint council leader. He is dead against providing ant funding. 

yes co-leader

Ian Yuill said, “The Liberal Democrats remain totally opposed to spending any council funds on building a stadium for Aberdeen FC. We wish Aberdeen FC well but do not believe public money should be used to build a stadium at the Beach for the football club.“

8 minutes ago, 1983 said:

yes co-leader

Ian Yuill said, “The Liberal Democrats remain totally opposed to spending any council funds on building a stadium for Aberdeen FC. We wish Aberdeen FC well but do not believe public money should be used to build a stadium at the Beach for the football club.“

That's the Lib-Dems for yeh.  Completely out of touch and he's a complete wanker.  Might take a trip up to Mannofield and chin the cunt.

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Whether it would be short sighted of them or not, it doesn't really matter. The council aren't going to pump millions into building a stadium for a private company.

It's not just a private company though, is it?

Oversimplifying AFCs place in the city as well as the reach. 

14 minutes ago, thurso said:

Quite liked the interview on the Abu podcast only thing about the stadium I don’t like the sound of is it being 16000 capacity 

Wickes covered that well, I thought. At end of the day it's a trade off between the finished item and cost, factor in season ticket demand versus no shows = around 16k is optimal.

And he's all for it in the city - fuck the mealer interlopers who greet aboot Aberdeen Football Club stadium being in the city of Aberdeen 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Wickes covered that well, I thought. At end of the day it's a trade of between the finished item and cost, factor in season ticket demand versus no shows = around 16k is optimal.

And he's all for it in the city - fuck the mealer interlopers who greet aboot Aberdeen Football Club stadium being in the city of Aberdeen 

He covered it well and point the point across but we will never compete with anyone with a 16000 capacity stadium 

29 minutes ago, thurso said:

Quite liked the interview on the Abu podcast only thing about the stadium I don’t like the sound of is it being 16000 capacity 

IF it was to go ahead (wherever it ends up) and they built a 16000 capacity stadium it would show clearly how much Cormack and co lack ambition for the club. Should be pushing for a minimum 20000 and then building a team that will attract supporters to regularly fill it.

We'd go from having the 3rd largest stadium by capacity in the Premier League to the 6th largest. Smaller than Kilmarnock and less than 2000 bigger than Tannadice. We would be a laughing stock (more than we already are).

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Bodo Glimt did aright last season playing to crowds of a couple hundred reindeer herders.

No-one will sustainably compete with the big boys again based on matchday ticket sales alone - the fitba authorities and tv markets have cornered that. Its now about smart thinking

Because of the shit tv deal we should be trying to attract more fans not less 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Bodo Glimt did aright last season playing to crowds of a couple hundred reindeer herders.

No-one will sustainably compete with the big boys again based on matchday ticket sales alone - the fitba authorities and tv markets have cornered that. Its now about smart thinking

They did alright, they still pretty much doubled their average attendance last season when they had a succesful team and were doing well.

If we build a 16000 capacity stadium, get to an average of around 15000 and then get a bit of success we'll have nowhere to go... no way of growing the fan base. It would be the most backward decision the club will ever make.

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Wickes covered that well, I thought. At end of the day it's a trade off between the finished item and cost, factor in season ticket demand versus no shows = around 16k is optimal.

This - with fucking bells on

21 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

IF it was to go ahead (wherever it ends up) and they built a 16000 capacity stadium it would show clearly how much Cormack and co lack ambition for the club. Should be pushing for a minimum 20000 and then building a team that will attract supporters to regularly fill it.

We'd go from having the 3rd largest stadium by capacity in the Premier League to the 6th largest. Smaller than Kilmarnock and less than 2000 bigger than Tannadice. We would be a laughing stock (more than we already are).

Kilmarnock who fill about 25% of their ground?  Great comparison ?

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Kilmarnock who fill about 25% of their ground?  Great comparison ?

And? They would still have a bigger stadium than us and the opportunity to grow if they got some success. We wouldn't have that if we built a shitty little 16000 seater stadium. Its embarrassing they are even thinking of it.