Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

19 hours ago, Poodler said:

has a team ever built a stadium with a smaller capacity than their current one? That would be universally slagged as a lack of ambition whether it’s realistic or not 

Off the top of my head, Juve did. 

Inter and AC Milan away to do the same.

I'd say they are fairly ambitious clubs. 

18k at the beach would be fine. Canna see it happening any time soon. 

Juve went from a 69000 capacity stadium which on average was about 33% full to a 41000 capacity stadium (so still not far off double the size of their average attendance).

We'd be going from a 21000 capacity stadium whic is probably on average 66% full to a 16000 capacity stadium, maybe 10-15% above our average. Cormack wants 15000 season ticket holders, if he gets that we have zero room for growing our fanbase. Would prove we have no intention of ever being anything but a diddy team.

34 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Juve went from a 69000 capacity stadium which on average was about 33% full to a 41000 capacity stadium (so still not far off double the size of their average attendance).

We'd be going from a 21000 capacity stadium whic is probably on average 66% full to a 16000 capacity stadium, maybe 10-15% above our average. Cormack wants 15000 season ticket holders, if he gets that we have zero room for growing our fanbase. Would prove we have no intention of ever being anything but a diddy team.

LOL

You do realise 15k season ticket holders would represent huge growth?

On 6/8/2022 at 9:59 AM, StandFree1982 said:

16k is incredibly short sighted. We'd be losing out on thousands of fans for big games that would normally sell out, any future big international games, European Games, gigs etc. 

£120k difference between 16k and 20k fans coming in paying £30 a head.  Unless the cost of building those extra seats is in the 10s of millions, in a few years the extra tickets coming in would cover it. Of course there's overhead, and staffing costs etc to factor in, but if we made the group stages of Europe, we could potentially have 3+ sell out home games, not including any big league games that season. 

Is the footprint big enough for a 20,000 seater ground? Perhaps 16,000 is all that can fit in this location? 

Question that either podcasts should have asked Wicks. The land at Kingsford where the stadium was planned to go, will we sell that land  off? We’ve already got plenty of available land to expand the training facility if required so what will happen to that track of land?

Asda? Hooses?

42 minutes ago, Gooby1983 said:

Is the footprint big enough for a 20,000 seater ground? Perhaps 16,000 is all that can fit in this location? 

If that was the case that would be even worse, if its 16000 with room for expansion then fair enough. If the footprint is onlt big enough to ever have 16000 then they shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of building there.

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Question that either podcasts should have asked Wicks. The land at Kingsford where the stadium was planned to go, will we sell that land  off? We’ve already got plenty of available land to expand the training facility if required so what will happen to that track of land?

Asda? Hooses?

I would imagine if the beach plan did progress then the land at Kingsford would be sold to the highest bidder to help with the funding. Whether that would be residential, retail, entertainment or industrial.

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I would imagine if the beach plan did progress then the land at Kingsford would be sold to the highest bidder to help with the funding. Whether that would be residential, retail, entertainment or industrial.

Or, did the planning prawcess for the Kingsford stadium/training facility prevent selling the land off for comemrcial gain?

4 hours ago, NEM said:

LOL

You do realise 15k season ticket holders would represent huge growth?

We couldn’t or wouldn’t get to15k STs if they were handing them out free. 

Cormack can have all the aspirations or KPIs he likes, it’s never going to happen. 

Another season like last and we will struggle to shift 7k. 

9 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

We need a rich Saudi to buy us and become another oil club so wavering gloryhunters start following us to the semis of the Champions League. That will increase our attendance. 

I knew some Russian oligarchs when I worked in Moscow. I suppose they wouldn’t be allowed to buy the club given what their pal Putin is doing in Ukraine.

17 hours ago, Redtillimdead said:

We need a rich Saudi to buy us and become another oil club so wavering gloryhunters start following us to the semis of the Champions League. That will increase our attendance. 

We've basically had a rich American buy us (nae Cormack).

Arthur Blank, owner of our Atlanta United overlords, has a net worth of something like $7 billion.

• 2 weeks later...