Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

The whole stadium situation is fucked.

Costs are rocketing.

Beach won't happen because it involves the council and just won't go anywhere.

Kingsford isn't a good location and the fans arent really up for it.

But.. we really need a new or rebuilt stadium. Pittodrie is a dump.

Guest milne_afc

The Dons will end up with a build as you go, limited capacity off the shelf box. The end is beginning, I feel. There’s not much love for the Dons.

41 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Ex Nat Councillor, typical showing the current regimes distain for football. If she was still a councillor she would be asking for a wee brown envelope first 

Its not surprising. The very middle class women who run the SNP (the sort you might typically expect to trip over in a fancy west end cafe enjoying their coffee and fancy pieces) have never made any great effort to hide their utter contempt for ordinary working class men.

• Like 1
Guest findlay_1903

I don’t think we should leave Pittodrie, would be a complete waste of money and likely see us massively in debt until the day I die. Whoever was on the board when the surrounding areas to Pittodrie were ALL up for sale should hand their heads in shame. Utterly shocking management and extremely short sighted, I’ve never wanted to move away from our spiritual home, and I’m sure EVERYONE agrees with me, if we’d bought the land around Pittodrie  we could of redeveloped our ground quite easily. Drives me potty. Fuming about it. Our club is a joke and I DONT like it. We will never recover from building a ikea stadium. Ugh. 

8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Its not surprising. The very middle class women who run the SNP (the sort you might typically expect to trip over in a fancy west end cafe enjoying their coffee and fancy pieces) have never made any great effort to hide their utter contempt for ordinary working class men.

Aye, cos the Tories do such a good job of that, eh? ?

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

I don’t think we should leave Pittodrie, would be a complete waste of money and likely see us massively in debt until the day I die. Whoever was on the board when the surrounding areas to Pittodrie were ALL up for sale should hand their heads in shame. Utterly shocking management and extremely short sighted, I’ve never wanted to move away from our spiritual home, and I’m sure EVERYONE agrees with me, if we’d bought the land around Pittodrie  we could of redeveloped our ground quite easily. Drives me potty. Fuming about it. Our club is a joke and I DONT like it. We will never recover from building a ikea stadium. Ugh. 

The thing is I reckon there is plenty space to redevelop the South Stand and the Merkland , then tart up then Main stand . Especially now there are talking about 16K fucking capacity 

39 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Pittodrie is a dump and always will be a dump. Any attempts to try and get it up to scratch as a modern football stadium would just be like putting lipstick on a pig. We have to move.

Guest findlay_1903
23 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Pittodrie is a dump and always will be a dump. Any attempts to try and get it up to scratch as a modern football stadium would just be like putting lipstick on a pig. We have to move.

At what cost? Would take decades to pay off 70-100 million stadium, and still getting an average of 10k a game, fans now refusing to buy the replica kits too. Think of the finances, the club will be on a direct flight to the abyss! 

What will change in a new stadium? We can at best come 3rd and get to a couple of cup finals every decade. We can still do that without spending the guts if 100m on a stadium that more often than not will be half empty. 

GROAN

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

The thing is I reckon there is plenty space to redevelop the South Stand and the Merkland , then tart up then Main stand . Especially now there are talking about 16K fucking capacity.

What about those of us that just want watch the fitba ?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

At what cost? Would take decades to pay off 70-100 million stadium, and still getting an average of 10k a game, fans now refusing to buy the replica kits too. Think of the finances, the club will be on a direct flight to the abyss! 

What will change in a new stadium? We can at best come 3rd and get to a couple of cup finals every decade. We can still do that without spending the guts if 100m on a stadium that more often than not will be half empty. 

GROAN

You are trying too hard.???

47 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

GROAN

We won't have the embarrassment of playing in a dilapidated shithole for starters.

If the club wants to grow, wants to maximise income, wants to start regularly playing in group stages of Europeanthen we need to move to a new stadium ASAP. We are stuck in the dark ages playing at Pittodrie.

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

GROAN

It would take decades to pay off redeveloping Pittodrie. Longer probably, seeing as we wouldn't be pocketing the £10-15m for selling the land.

Guest findlay_1903

If we build a new stadium, I can’t see us drastically becoming any better. Probs not. We won’t get any more fans with the old firm dominating Scottish football until the end of time. You are absolutely dreaming if you think a new stadium can change that. Be realistic boys, spending 70 million or so won’t make us THAT more competitive. 

Not sure but pretty certain we WONT have a £70m bill for this. Wouldn’t surprise is 75 % at least came from grants etc   Government local etc etc.  a green stadium as is mooted for £70m will attract loads of grants and financial awards.  

so let’s redevelop 12000 seats   Average is 1500 to 2000 per seat I think I read for a basic(no green credentials and grants) we are £20m plus  with no onward sales …. 

a green grant heavy stadium will be cheaper overall than any redevelopment  have more money making opportunities and close to my house   :)  and wife already hears the crowds  

mind you race is on to see which is finished first new stadium or UTG  

Not a hope 75% will be funded externally through grants etc.

We’ll raise £10-15m through selling the land at Pittodrie

Wicks said we would be selling naming rights. No idea how much that would be worth?

There will be millions in grant funding available if we go down the route of building a net zero stadium.

I reckon we’ll ‘only’ need to find about 50% of the funding ourselves. Still a big ask though.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:50 AM, findlay_1903 said:

GROAN

You do realise if we pay a mortgage of say 2m a season but increase turnover by 4m on match days we are better off. We are doing it to put the club in a stronger position. Nothing wrong with paying a mortgage if it means that we will generate a lot more money long term. 

My biggest concern is that if it’s 70m now it will probably well over 100m by time it’s built.