Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sooth_stander

Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

Recommended Posts

We do some mucking about trying to decide etc where we are going to put a new stadium. These muppets shouldn’t be running a football club. I will take over and make the decision for them if needed. The gimps at the council will agree with me, it will be a breeze to achieve this in a very short space of time.

Share this post


Link to post

Aberdeen was always considered an innovative club, so this should be easy enough. 

Design some modular stadium that you can just pop in extra seating or new stands like Lego. 

16,000k capacity? Not happy?

Pull out that stand that holds 4,000... stuck in a stand that holds 8,000. 

Chinese could design and build it in a few hours. 

Might look like Lego and not work properly, but a British built one is going to look like it's built with Lego and isn't going to work properly either.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, NEM said:

Each to their own but I’d rather stay at pittodrie, as dilapidated as it is.

Complete no brainer between a new stadium at the beach or one in Westhill 

Pittodrie is a dump. If sir alex thinks we should build a new one that’s good enough for me. 
 

If we go for less than the current capacity that’s short sightedness on the clubs part doesn’t matter where it’s built 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Pittodrie is a dump. If sir alex thinks we should build a new one that’s good enough for me. 
 

If we go for less than the current capacity that’s short sightedness on the clubs part doesn’t matter where it’s built 

Nonsense. If you’re not happy with pittodrie you can always fuck off and support Week Academy 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Nonsense. If you’re not happy with pittodrie you can always fuck off and support Week Academy 

If your happy with pittodrie you should raise your standards week academy 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, NEM said:

Fuck Kingsford.  Can't believe dons fans are actually entertaining the idea of moving out there.  

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

 

That's my take on it anyway.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

 

That's my take on it anyway.

Spot on 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

 

That's my take on it anyway.

Peterhead have that one wrapped up at 32 miles...

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2022 at 8:14 PM, NEM said:

Which matches are these? 

I was thinking of cup matches - and I believe European matches too.

Someone's said its now 20% for cup games, so my point is even more valid

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I was thinking of cup matches - and I believe European matches too.

Someone's said its now 20% for cup games, so my point is even more valid

It’s clearly not enforced as we only got 900 for snake mountain the other year 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, thurso said:

Pittodrie is a dump. If sir alex thinks we should build a new one that’s good enough for me. 
 

If we go for less than the current capacity that’s short sightedness on the clubs part doesn’t matter where it’s built 

Why is it short sighted?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, NEM said:

Nonsense. If you’re not happy with pittodrie you can always fuck off and support Week Academy 

Haaaaaaaaaa...that made me laugh....or even Thurso at e Dammies cove

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

 

That's my take on it anyway.

 

10 hours ago, NEM said:

Spot on 

Thirded.

Fuck Kingsford.

 

Though some will say my distant non-doric residency invalidates any opinion on this.

Possibly fair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

Why is it short sighted?

It’s short sighted as how are we supposed to progress as a club if we go to a smaller stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, thurso said:

It’s short sighted as how are we supposed to progress as a club if we go to a smaller stadium 

Ha ha aye let’s build an 80k seater and win the champions league!

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will destroy AFC. Miles from Aberdeen, the furthest from a train station of any football ground in the UK I read somewhere, combined with a new generation of fans that don't have the money the previous generations had to get there. Marry this into building an event location outside the city rather than a social occasion location within one.

 

That's my take on it anyway.

Agree, needs to be within the city - not just for football but think of all the other revenue that will be lost with match day drinks/food etc  - would make the city even quieter

 

Share this post


Link to post

At this rate we'll just need some portable goals from argos and a few deckchairs 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

At this rate we'll just need some portable goals from argos and a few deckchairs 

Cormack will be hopeful of purchasing them whilst they have a sale on. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NEM said:

Ha ha aye let’s build an 80k seater and win the champions league!

Now your talking a bit more sense 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

 

Thirded.

Fuck Kingsford.

 

Though some will say my distant non-doric residency invalidates any opinion on this.

Possibly fair.

 

You’re only one of many expressing an opinion that don’t presently go to the games. I think a Go Fund Me page where all those who don’t go to the games can contribute money to those who do go to cater for alcohol consumption pre and post match would be a great idea.

Share this post


Link to post

Just get the bloody thing built at Kingsford (its going to be there eventually anyway). Aberdeen Football Club aren't in existence to prop up shops and pubs in the city centre and the reality is it'll barely affect them anyway.

Can't understand why some people genuinely love to travel 150 miles for an away game, but will moan like hell about the thought of having to travel 5 miles from the city centre for a home game.

Sooner they actually start building at Kingsford the better.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

You’re only one of many expressing an opinion that don’t presently go to the games. I think a Go Fund Me page where all those who don’t go to the games can contribute money to those who do go to cater for alcohol consumption pre and post match would be a great idea.

Done. 

🤑

https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-penniless-Tommy-and-his-grippy-mates-in-matchday-drinks-from-overseas

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Aberdeen was always considered an innovative club, so this should be easy enough. 

Design some modular stadium that you can just pop in extra seating or new stands like Lego. 

16,000k capacity? Not happy?

Pull out that stand that holds 4,000... stuck in a stand that holds 8,000. 

Chinese could design and build it in a few hours. 

Might look like Lego and not work properly, but a British built one is going to look like it's built with Lego and isn't going to work properly either.

spacer.png

Missing a penalty spot and the bench outside the main entrance. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm definitely in the 'fuck Kingsford' camp. An arse to get to for anyone in town, and it's only going to get more difficult (or at least become a longer journey) as plans to reduce car use are rolled out in the next few decades. 

If there's a business case to increase capacity at the beach in future years, then plans to upgrade can be considered. Until then, there's no point pretending 4 annual sell-outs against the Old Firm and the occasional visit from Fergie mean we "need" a 20,000 seater.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, At The Border Guy said:

I'm definitely in the 'fuck Kingsford' camp. An arse to get to for anyone in town, and it's only going to get more difficult (or at least become a longer journey) as plans to reduce car use are rolled out in the next few decades. 

If there's a business case to increase capacity at the beach in future years, then plans to upgrade can be considered. Until then, there's no point pretending 4 annual sell-outs against the Old Firm and the occasional visit from Fergie mean we "need" a 20,000 seater.

Whether the stadium is built at Kingsford (which it will be) or not, reducing the capacity of the ground is short sighted and would be the most backwards thinking decision any Aberdeen board have ever made. For a club claiming to want to become a top 100 club and have 15000 season ticket holders it would make us even more of a laughing stock than we currently are.

Share this post


Link to post

Folk wanting a bigger stadium than the current one (which we can't fill) built at a worse location.

LOL. Fucking idiots.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Folk wanting a bigger stadium than the current one (which we can't fill) built at a worse location.

LOL. Fucking idiots.

 

 

Very true. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...