Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

On 4/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

That deal was a shocker looking back at it. Had it been a straight swap i think it would have been a good deal for us (swapping an almost 30 year old striker for a 23 year old) and to give Winters his due his goalscoring record for the dons wasn't too disimilar to Dodds. It's the fact we gave them so much cash too. If you add the value at the time of Billy Dodds to the cash we gave them it would probably eclipse the £1 million paid for Paul Bernard as our record signing.

We've been run by idiots for 3 decades

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

That deal was a shocker looking back at it. Had it been a straight swap i think it would have been a good deal for us (swapping an almost 30 year old striker for a 23 year old) and to give Winters his due his goalscoring record for the dons wasn't too disimilar to Dodds. It's the fact we gave them so much cash too. If you add the value at the time of Billy Dodds to the cash we gave them it would probably eclipse the £1 million paid for Paul Bernard as our record signing.

Yeah, let's discuss it again

Hasn't been mentioned for at least 3 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

We’ll no doubt still be at Pittodrie for at least the next 10 year. 

Bringing music to the ears of the band of sentimental teuchters desperate to remain at the Dung heap. 

I presume you don't know what a teuchter is as they mostly want it at Kingsford as its close to the mart of some other fucking ridiculous reason.

Calling Pittodrie "the dung heap" is the sign of a clueless cunt too (possibly a hun).

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I presume you don't know what a teuchter is as they mostly want it at Kingsford as its close to the mart of some other fucking ridiculous reason.

Calling Pittodrie "the dung heap" is the sign of a clueless cunt too (possibly a hun).

Ha ha yip - get Kingsford and the stupid mealer cunts who support it to fuck

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The only clueless cunt on this matter is you.

If you bothered to research the history of our club, you would know what the site was before Pittodrie was built .

35 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Oh-oh

If, you knew, your history, it'd be enough to make your heart go oooooooooooo

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hopefully when the council stabs the club in the back over the stadium plans AGAIN they'll finally realise the best option is just to finance and build it themselves at Kingsford.

Yup! If they fuck is over this time their isn’t any other option. Kingsford has its good and bad points as does the beach. I’m happy with either site providing they make sure atmosphere is top of the list when building it! Just want us to brake ground somewhere! Can’t see it anytime soon! 

On a side note what’s everyone’s thoughts on the new concept? Not a lot to go on but it looks hideous!

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

It's not though is it

It is. The only people that building at the beach suits is the minority who want to be able to stagger from a pub before the game and stagger back into the pub after. AFC isn't here to prop up businesses in the city centre. Kingsford will be a lot easier to get to and from than the beach for the majority of people.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It is. The only people that building at the beach suits is the minority who want to be able to stagger from a pub before the game and stagger back into the pub after. AFC isn't here to prop up businesses in the city centre. Kingsford will be a lot easier to get to and from than the beach for the majority of people.

?‍♂️

50 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yup! If they fuck is over this time their isn’t any other option. Kingsford has its good and bad points as does the beach. I’m happy with either site providing they make sure atmosphere is top of the list when building it! Just want us to brake ground somewhere! Can’t see it anytime soon! 

On a side note what’s everyone’s thoughts on the new concept? Not a lot to go on but it looks hideous!

Aye the roof looks horrendous. Is it the ice rink they are showing joined onto the side of it?

Hopefully doesn't look like that when we end up having to build it out at Westhill because this masterplan of the councils falls through / is forgotten about once the elections are done.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fuck the beach, fuck Aberdeen City Council and fuck everyone so lazy or alcohol dependent that they can't cope with the thought of having to travel a few miles every other week for a home game.

I was in favour of Kingsford but I know a proportion of the fan base that currently live in the city don't want to travel to games. So happy for it to be at beach providing the plans are fast tracked and rubber stamped as quickly as possible and we aren't still discussing this in 12 months time. Like you I feel like their will be a changing of guard and the council will veto it! If the plans are rubber stamped id like the club to get a donation towards it from the council at very least. Seems impossible to get anything done in the city as soon as you get planes put together another council take over and its back to square 1!

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fuck the beach, fuck Aberdeen City Council and fuck everyone so lazy or alcohol dependent that they can't cope with the thought of having to travel a few miles every other week for a home game.

I agree with the fuck ACC bit. We need more beer involved on a match day tho not less. This would go a long way to improving the atmosphere. Look at the away support for the proof. And if city centre pubs/eateries/newsagents have been doing good business on match days for years, id say thats one of many valid reason to stay put.

Definitely in favour of the beach. But if the council arent willing to contribute then we should tell them to fuck off and build it at Kingsford.  Council have finally realised the benefit of having the club in the city after 20 plus years of doing next to nothing to help. 

If they want to benefit from the club staying in the city then they should put something towards that. 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Definitely in favour of the beach. But if the council arent willing to contribute then we should tell them to fuck off and build it at Kingsford.  Council have finally realised the benefit of having the club in the city after 20 plus years of doing next to nothing to help. 

If they want to benefit from the club staying in the city then they should put something towards that. 

Aye hanging onto the coat tails of the council waiting for them to make a decision about something isn't a good place to be. History would suggest they'll take years and years to give a project of this size the go ahead.

There has to come a point where the club says enough is enough we're going our own way if the council keeps dragging their heels. Would be interesting to know what AFC would consider that point to be.

36 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Level and Re Develop Pittodrie.  Play home games at Balmoral Park when relegated to  the championship.  By the time it gets finished Jim Goodwin will have the team he wants.  Or die in his rocking chair waiting on funds from Cormack and company. 

?? if we got relegated Jim Goodwin wouldn’t have to worry where it was. 

Personally I don’t care where it’s built as long as it’s built as pittodrie is pretty much a shit hole and we’ve needed a new stadium for years 

• Upvote 1

We could use a new stadium (or a redeveloped Pittodrie) but only if it doesn't put the club at risk in the long term..  The latest figures of c£75m for a 16,000 stadium just don't make financial sense.  Would be paying that off for decades.

I'd rather watch a good team in a shit stadium than a shit team in a good stadium.

• Upvote 3