Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

20-A167-BF-0915-4612-A95-B-08-F5-F6-AAF1

that page is just pie in the sky nonsense. The audacious lies that we tell to women to get in their pants.

Keep people there all day (would covid laws allow that) (currently swimming pools are limited to an hour with no hope of changing that) 

Sharks!!!! come away 

edit, I’m stunned the council think there is a market for a decent leisure centre. Just absolute drivel.

would love a new dons stadium but this has made me think there’s less chance of it happening now. ACC couldn’t manage a project of this size. Look at the state of putting a disabled lift into UTG. About fower year late already 

Yep it certainly sounds like any idea that was proposed was chucked into the plans. The only thing they forgot was the monorail. 

This isn't happening is it? 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Skins, see that area directly behind the Roseburn Stand, currently derelict, fenced off and CCTV monitored? Is that part of the brewery? Do Hearts have their eye on that for future development?

Hey Sooth. 

No it's part of the old Tynecastle High School. The site was previously owned by North British Distillers. But not now. S1 Developments are turning it into student accommodation. 

You might see lots of protest posters up there. In short. Edinburgh is creating student accommodation everywhere, cos it's so profitable. But very little social housing, despite lots of our schemes and high rise being demolished over the last decade or two. 

Their argument for student accommodation is proximity to the football ground and breweries makes it unsuitable for residential. 

I think Hearts should have bought it, loads we could have done. Flats just land locks us further. Plus I don't want students putting up their right on woke stickers all over Mcleod St. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Gunn seemed very bullish about us sitting in the new stadium in 4/5 years. So the club is obviously confident of funding and getting the location sorted in the short time. 

He must know something we don't, because there's no way the council have enough money for this amount of work.

The drawing's do make it all look good though.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

18-20k would be fine.

Give away fans 1000, the vast majority don't take that amount anyway. 

2-4k available for non season ticket Dandies. 

As it is historically up to  7000 season tickets , average attendance was around 13000 so I think you are being unfair to the non season ticket supporters 

• Upvote 1

Having been involved with two (des)separate Council master plans in the past, my experience of these documents is that they are complete fantasy, normally driven by frantic thinking done by external companies, driven by a real lack of direction and substance. I would be AMAZED if this comes to anything unless the council has an actual budget available and commissions someone to deliver it. As it stands, they’ll probably spend 30-40k on communication exercises without ever breaking ground.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Having been involved with two (des)separate Council master plans in the past, my experience of these documents is that they are complete fantasy, normally driven by frantic thinking done by external companies, driven by a real lack of direction and substance. I would be AMAZED if this comes to anything unless the council has an actual budget available and commissions someone to deliver it. As it stands, they’ll probably spend 30-40k on communication exercises without ever breaking ground.

The coonsil are going to look like right fucking clowns if this all falls through , won't be the first time !! Like the idea of the sea views GIB 

5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Alas this seems about right. Would be amazed if anything happened on this.

35 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Alas this seems about right. Would be amazed if anything happened on this.

It’s all politics, one party against the other.

Having worked with the council in the past, you have to experience it to believe it.

Lochside Academy, for example, the fucking SNP tried to sabotage that project, even after construction started,  cos they were against it and not in power when it got voted through.

Provost Skene House refurb is another, some councillor prick complaining the other day about pointing, from the party who of course opposed that project too.

This Council led beach stadium has as much change of happening as the mono rail from Torry to City centre, or bridge from BoD to….wherever the fuck it was.

The Council have done nothing to assist AFC in the past in terms of the new stadium but as a gesture of goodwill to keep the stadium central, hopefully they would waive any planning applications for a refurbed Pittodrie, cos that’s what 90% of us want, inc AFC.

16 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

But very little social housing, despite lots of our schemes and high rise being demolished over the last decade or two. 

Someone should tell that arsehole Sturgeon,  she's just invited half of Afghanistan to move here.  But hey,  they won't be moving into her leafy suburb so it's fine for her and her middle class chums to virtue signal and feel good about themselves over tea and scones in Morningside or wherever. 

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Your obviously local and don’t require to spend money or time travelling 

indeed you should GTF

Nah it's not the local fans who need to GTF.  If you're not happy travelling to Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen FC either move hoose or fuck off

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

If and it’s a big if this goes ahead I think cormack would be pushing for at least 22,000 capacity 

My reasoning , he is targeting 15000 season ticket holders over the next 5 years and he needs to consider the casual supporter for whom the option of a season ticket is not viable 

what about away fans allocation ? 
I am though much more in favour of the location than kingsford even though for me travelling it would have been easier 

Give the away fans 250 tickets, if the SFA or SPFL complain, tell them it is based on police advice.

It works for other teams.

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Someone should tell that arsehole Sturgeon,  she's just invited half of Afghanistan to move here.  But hey,  they won't be moving into her leafy suburb so it's fine for her and her middle class chums to virtue signal and feel good about themselves over tea and scones in Morningside or wherever. 

Easy solution, do a swap deal.. . for every Afghan that comes across to the UK we send a Brexit voting bigot over to Afghanistan. Know who i'd rather live next door to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Sturgeon Chicken Joe Bidens best friend.  Sturgeon the Trump hater.  Trump only supposedly screwed women Bidens screwed the the whole of Afghanistan .   Sturgeon it’s Scotland’s oil. ( Bullshit) she’s dumping the rigs and jumping on board with that creepy looking Green leader.  Sturgeons invited the half of Afghans here for one purpose and its not goodwill, it’s to get votes for her Brigadoon dream.    Sturgeon only survived because her buddy Lord Hamilton let her off the hook.  She should have been and still locked up.  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Sturgeon Chicken Joe Bidens best friend.  Sturgeon the Trump hater.  Trump only supposedly screwed women Bidens screwed the the whole of Afghanistan .   Sturgeon it’s Scotland’s oil. ( Bullshit) she’s dumping the rigs and jumping on board with that creepy looking Green leader.  Sturgeons invited the half of Afghans here for one purpose and its not goodwill, it’s to get votes for her Brigadoon dream.    Sturgeon only survived because her buddy Lord Hamilton let her off the hook.  She should have been and still locked up.  

You are just feeling a bit off as you know that if it went to a vote on here then the majority would rather have shedloads of Afghans here than keep you around. They might turn out to be arseholes but you, on the other hand, eradicate any doubt. 

• Upvote 2