Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

53 minutes ago, slippers said:

Correct. We are hoping to get the supporters to the stadium earlier spending their money in the stadium on food or drink. Making it a proper match day experience under 1 roof. Assume our overhead would be far less in a eco stadium too? 

The point was that the club aren’t away to build this stadium and put us in a hole. Their is method behind the madness. I’d love for it to come to fruition. 

I think it's very very hopeful thinking sufficient supporters will want to go to the ground early on a regular basis to pay for overpriced food and drink for any longer than they need to. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How are we going to increase match day revenue by £4m?

Not having a go but it's an easy number to throw out without breaking it down. 

Won’t so much be to do with match day revenue. That’ll definitely grow if people can be convinced to make a day of it, but I suspect they’ll be looking to gain more revenue from eating and entertainment during non-match days.

9 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Won’t so much be to do with match day revenue. That’ll definitely grow if people can be convinced to make a day of it, but I suspect they’ll be looking to gain more revenue from eating and entertainment during non-match days.

Aye that would make more sense if the facilities were more frequently used outwith match days.   Lots of competition in Aberdeen just now though, plenty meeting venues available everywhere these days. 

Cormack's vision that we're all going to turn up early to watch clowns and jugglers on the concourse and pay £10 for footlong hot dogs on match days is a complete pipe dream. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye that would make more sense if the facilities were more frequently used outwith match days.   Lots of competition in Aberdeen just now though, plenty meeting venues available everywhere these days. 

Cormack's vision that we're all going to turn up early to watch clowns and jugglers on the concourse and pay £10 for footlong hot dogs on match days is a complete pipe dream. 

He’s talking about pre match not the actual game ?

Ultimately the success of any new stadium - no matter where it is - will depend on how the team are doing. 

I can't even imagine what the crowds would have been like over the last 2 seasons if we were already playing out in the boondocks at Kingsford. We would probably be averaging around 6 or 7k. 

As somebody pointed out above, the blinkered decision to not even seriously consider developing Pittodrie was a huge mistake. Both Hearts and Hibs have redeveloped stadiums that are more enclosed than Pittodrie is. 

The whole Kingsford shambles was nothing more than an ego driven vanity project, and should be dumped instantly and never mentioned again. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's very very hopeful thinking sufficient supporters will want to go to the ground early on a regular basis to pay for overpriced food and drink for any longer than they need to. 

That's one way of putting it.

Absolutely fuckin delusional is another.

5 hours ago, redstrummer said:

we'd have all that spare land at Kingsford , sure we could sell that for a few bob 

Been mentioned club plan to use the land to build a small 500-seat stadium that could be used by the U20s and women's teams, so we wouldn't have to keep using Cove Rangers' stadium.

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How are we going to increase match day revenue by £4m?

Not having a go but it's an easy number to throw out without breaking it down. 

We'll have the most expensive tickets in the league. 

I can't see it being extortionate for say, a pint at the new ground.

Nae cunt would drink it in that case, so there would have to be a balance.

How much is it for a pint in Aberdeen city these days?
I should know as scoofed a couple of hundred on a recent lengthy trip there, but never concentrated that much on my change.

£4-ish in rougher / trad places? £5-6 in most others then £7 in extorting venues? Canna mind.

Flat rate £5 pint in plastic glass from een o those rapid pint serving machines should keep abody happy and turn a profit at same time.

Okay, maybe £5.50. ?

11 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

I just can't see it happening given the current financial climate. No way ACC are going to throw millions upon millions at the beach regeneration when Union Street is such a fucking shambles either. 

Isn’t the money coming from the UK government levelling up fund?

1 minute ago, redcryptoknight said:

It was only the SNP starting a rumour before they withdraw any funding.

17 hours ago, 1983 said:

Wicks basically confirmed that on that podcast he did a while back. Was talking about a restaurant looking out over the north sea. Also having the food kiosks accessible from both inside and outside the stadium so folk having a wonder along the beach could grab a bite to eat.

17 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

I just can't see it happening given the current financial climate. No way ACC are going to throw millions upon millions at the beach regeneration when Union Street is such a fucking shambles either. 

This is why I don't think Kingsford is completely dead and buried yet. The chances of the council actually being in a position to press ahead with there whole beach regeneration project anytime soon is slim to none. They aren't offering any funding towards the stadium either.

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Good lad that's that old NIMBY bint back in her box.  Called the covid lockdown pish out pretty sharpish as well did old Professor Hugh 

52 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Wicks basically confirmed that on that podcast he did a while back. Was talking about a restaurant looking out over the north sea. Also having the food kiosks accessible from both inside and outside the stadium so folk having a wonder along the beach could grab a bite to eat.

This is why I don't think Kingsford is completely dead and buried yet. The chances of the council actually being in a position to press ahead with there whole beach regeneration project anytime soon is slim to none. They aren't offering any funding towards the stadium either.

Aye but there won't be many folk wandering past the stadium in Kingswells wanting to grab a bite to eat or wanting to sit in a bypass facing restaurant during the week. 

All of these extra financials can only really be realised at a beach location. 

18 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's very very hopeful thinking sufficient supporters will want to go to the ground early on a regular basis to pay for overpriced food and drink for any longer than they need to. 

I don't think the food and drink would be overpriced. Reason I say that is because Rob Wicks said in the interview on Red tinted glasses that one of the main things he took away from his visit to Atlanta was that they try and make the food and drink as affordable as possible to encourage folk to come early and eat and drink prior to the game

21 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

I don't think the food and drink would be overpriced. Reason I say that is because Rob Wicks said in the interview on Red tinted glasses that one of the main things he took away from his visit to Atlanta was that they try and make the food and drink as affordable as possible to encourage folk to come early and eat and drink prior to the game

Aye but this is the North East of Scotland and 3/4 of the season is played out in freezing weather.  And Scottish football is a very different culture to American sports. 

Can't see anyone wanting to turn up at 130pm to eat hot dogs in their seat for an hour and a half before kick off in 0 degree temperatures. 

18 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're doing them a disservice

Have a listen to the rob wicks interview on one of the podcasts 

It's much, much better than what you are describing 

Just now, Millertime said:

You're doing them a disservice

Have a listen to the rob wicks interview on one of the podcasts 

It's much, much better than what you are describing 

I like Wicks MT, so I'm not having a go at him. 

I just can't see us attracting lots of people early to games on a regular basis, it's just not in our DNA 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but this is the North East of Scotland and 3/4 of the season is played out in freezing weather.  And Scottish football is a very different culture to American sports. 

Can't see anyone wanting to turn up at 130pm to eat hot dogs in their seat for an hour and a half before kick off in 0 degree temperatures. 

I take your point about about the shite weather I used to go regular for about 15 years before I moved south and still remember those winters having a frozen arse from the plastic seats and pie fat running up my forearm with the catpiss stench of bovril wafting by. 

They need to do something though to try and maintain interest from the current generation of supporters and generate interest  from the next. I was impressed by the way Rob Wicks came across in the interview he seemed to be very enthusiastic but coupled with a sense of reality. Ultimately it will all boil down to the money or lack of it.

4 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

I take your point about about the shite weather I used to go regular for about 15 years before I moved south and still remember those winters having a frozen arse from the plastic seats and pie fat running up my forearm with the catpiss stench of bovril wafting by. 

They need to do something though to try and maintain interest from the current generation of supporters and generate interest  from the next. I was impressed by the way Rob Wicks came across in the interview he seemed to be very enthusiastic but coupled with a sense of reality. Ultimately it will all boil down to the money or lack of it.

Aye, all fair points 

16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I can't see it being extortionate for say, a pint at the new ground.

Nae cunt would drink it in that case, so there would have to be a balance.

How much is it for a pint in Aberdeen city these days?
I should know as scoofed a couple of hundred on a recent lengthy trip there, but never concentrated that much on my change.

£4-ish in rougher / trad places? £5-6 in most others then £7 in extorting venues? Canna mind.

Flat rate £5 pint in plastic glass from een o those rapid pint serving machines should keep abody happy and turn a profit at same time.

Okay, maybe £5.50. ?

Guaranteed that you'll end up with cashless bars, and we'll all have to buy one of these cards from machines that you top up. 

That seems to be the money grabbing basturds method of choice when it comes to stadiums and big venues these days.