Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

8 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agree, and since the concept artist appears to have paid no heed to any sort of budgetary issues, there is no reason why he (or she or they) can't add in a monorail. It's what the people want. 

It just needs a bit of creative thinking, there's a rail line that runs from Kittybrewster to the harbour already.

Build a station at the old Matalan building and run football specials from Kintore, Inverurie, Stonehaven etc.

Park and ride at these towns and the match ticket gets you on the train for nowt.

7 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

It just needs a bit of creative thinking, there's a rail line that runs from Kittybrewster to the harbour already.

Build a station at the old Matalan building and run football specials from Kintore, Inverurie, Stonehaven etc.

Park and ride at these towns and the match ticket gets you on the train for nowt.

Sooner pay for the train and get in the stadium for nowt if it's like yesterday.

21 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Shouldn’t be allowed to build a new stadium until they get a winning team and manager challenging the huns and Tim’s. 

The best way to get a winning team and challenging at the top is to increase revenue, getting a stadium with better earning potential is one way to help bridge the gap.

21 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

The 20000 seats are reserved for sturgeons ilegal imigrants coming over the Chanel.  

Head to Head: Mondo v. Mongo | Runner's World

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Vastly outnumbered by those who knew it wasn’t in Westhill.

We would of been had the council not offered this potential site. It’s good to see we are still on track to be in the new stadium in 3-5 years even after covid. Hope we hold the council to ransom over this though. 

On 11/7/2021 at 8:03 AM, shut up meg said:

Edit - I’m spikken shite, the railway line does terminate by the harbour. That was a tram line I was on about.

31 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Why does the model of the stadium all of a sudden look a some sort of spaceship?

All it does is heighten the impression that all this is is political grandstanding in the build up to the council elections in May. 

I’m surprised that the political animal that is Dave Cormack has gotten suckered into this.

It’s clear he knows Kingsford is a major mistake and is now trying to get the Council to take the lead on a new city location. But at the Beachfront?

Just tart up Pittodrie, it’s what we all want. I don’t know how often we need to go thru this but there is plenty depth in the footprint of the main, south and Merkie stands to knock up 3 two tiered steep stands to give us the 20k capacity we need.

The councils publication a few month ago spoke about a new Heatlh centre down there which could include swimming with sharks, was discussed heavily in one of the stadium threads.

I know nothing of the rail world but I bet there would be red tape on passengers using that line, like it’ll only be licensed for freight or whatever. As I say I have no idea on these things but there’s no way it would be easy or feasible considering it would involve ACC. 

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

All it does is heighten the impression that all this is is political grandstanding in the build up to the council elections in May. 

I’m surprised that the political animal that is Dave Cormack has gotten suckered into this.

It’s clear he knows Kingsford is a major mistake and is now trying to get the Council to take the lead on a new city location. But at the Beachfront?

Just tart up Pittodrie, it’s what we all want. I don’t know how often we need to go thru this but there is plenty depth in the footprint of the main, south and Merkie stands to knock up 3 two tiered steep stands to give us the 20k capacity we need.

Obviously once more, because there isn’t.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we do all want Pittodrie 'tarted up'.

I think a fair number of people want a 21st century stadium, with all the modern amenities and aesthetics that come from a 21st century stadium, rather than trying patch up a stadium that was build at the tail end of the 19th century, and is showing its age. 

I've no sentiment... bulldoze that fucking place and get us into something worthy of the club. 

• Upvote 7
32 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think a fair number of people want a 21st century stadium, with all the modern amenities and aesthetics that come from a 21st century stadium, rather than trying patch up a stadium that was build at the tail end of the 19th century, and is showing its age. 

I've no sentiment... bulldoze that fucking place and get us into something worthy of the club. 

Just needs a lick of paint.

20 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Its a fucking tip.

• Upvote 1

In terms of Scottish grounds its just about fine. 

In terms of us being a routine European competitor (albeit briefly), and at the very LEAST in terms of being an place that footballers want to come and play football, or attract families on a Saturday, it's a fucking dinosaur. 

If we're genuinely looking to update/upgrade our stadium then we 100% should be looking well beyond, "Scrape the fungus aff the roof of the Main Stand, and nail that bit back on to the Merkie".

I'll happily buy a brick from the edifice when they tear it down, more in the way of financial assistance than sentimentality, but I would be perfectly happy to be the guy that pushes the button to demolish the place when we're ready to move to a proper stadium. 

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

In terms of Scottish grounds its just about fine. 

In terms of us being a routine European competitor (albeit briefly), and at the very LEAST in terms of being an place that footballers want to come and play football, or attract families on a Saturday, it's a fucking dinosaur. 

If we're genuinely looking to update/upgrade our stadium then we 100% should be looking well beyond, "Scrape the fungus aff the roof of the Main Stand, and nail that bit back on to the Merkie".

I'll happily buy a brick from the edifice when they tear it down, more in the way of financial assistance than sentimentality, but I would be perfectly happy to be the guy that pushes the button to demolish the place when we're ready to move to a proper stadium. 

You get to many games Kelt?

7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

You get to many games Kelt?

Used to be a regular attendee back in the day, and was a season ticket holder post Dick End construction, and very often will organise my trips around Aberdeen games so I can get to at least a couple of games... so I've been to a fair number of matches at Pittodrie, aye. 

Why do you ask?

15 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Most of us locals would push the button aswell 

in fact, could it be tied into POTY for the awards? Winner gets to blow toddlers up ?

Wouldn't you rather they rebuilt the ground in-situ if possible?  Keep the RD and gradually build 3 new stands?  I don't go to home games so it makes no difference to me where it's located, but even I know Kingsford would've been a dreadful location.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Just wondering why someone that lives in the USA would be so happy to 'push the button'  that destroys Pittodrie.  

Now is this line of questioning the result of a genuine, and to be honest, rather flattering fascination with my motivation and psyche, or is it some kind of Royston Vasey 'Local Club for Local People' thing, and you're suggesting only people from within some arbitrary radius of Pittodrie, known only to yourself, should be having their opinions?

I know which way I'm leaning, but feel free to clarify. 

??

• Upvote 1