Hearts 1 - 1 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, super_al said:

We are going to lose. Thursday is far too important to us not to rest players.

2-0 Farts.

There's barely anybody left to rest though. 

Who is on the bench that didn't feature for less than 45 mins tonight that's likely to come in? 

McGeouch maybe? Gurr and McGinn at a push. Maybe Campbell. Just youth players after that. 

Terrible patter name for the thread unless you're in P4. 

Anyway. Let me get this in first. Cos it would be something I'd moan about. Your squad shouldn't be coming back into the wee hours Friday, given how hard travel is now, to face an away tie at Tynie 48 hours later. That's poor and it'd annoy me the other way. 

Looking forward to this one. Will be a measure of how we're going to finish this season. And glad you have tickets, welcome back Scottish football. 

9 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Anyway. Let me get this in first. Cos it would be something I'd moan about. Your squad shouldn't be coming back into the wee hours Friday, given how hard travel is now, to face an away tie at Tynie 48 hours later. That's poor and it'd annoy me the other way. 

Looking forward to this one. Will be a measure of how we're going to finish this season. And glad you have tickets, welcome back Scottish football. 

It’ll be a measure of fuck all. As others have pointed out we’ve got much bigger fish to fry next Thursday 

14 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Not really as we’ll be focusing on Thursday. Surely a better measure would be playing against a full strength team? 

17 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Its not close to a good measure as we will be exhausted after tonight efforts.

Not sure how we'll line up on Sunday but I'm fearing the worst. We either play with a bunch of knackered players, or a bunch of useless players.

Woods

Gurr McCrorie Gallagher Ngwenya

McGeouch Campbell

McGinn Jenks McLennan

JET

There's no way Ramirez will play, the boy looked dead in the second half. If McCrorie or Gallagher get injured we're absolutely stuffed.

33 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Think I saw you hanging around Ann Summers shop on Princes Street the other day. 

20210820-001108.jpg

Think we should ask the SPFL for a wee fixture shift favour. 
Maybe play it during next LC round 

Imagine the rage from Hearts if that happened ?

Games a bogey. Not expecting anything other than a loss. Can use Thursday as an excuse but that will only be masking other truths less easy to accept  also

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Not sure how we'll line up on Sunday but I'm fearing the worst. We either play with a bunch of knackered players, or a bunch of useless players.

Woods

McGeouch Campbell

McGinn Jenks McLennan

JET

There's no way Ramirez will play, the boy looked dead in the second half. If McCrorie or Gallagher get injured we're absolutely stuffed.

Happy with your selection.

2 million pounds are sake if we reach the group stages  never thought  I would say this but less put a team like this on the park for Sunday

Rest the others thier complety  fucked.

We need are better  players for Thursday 

Cannot afford any injuries on Sunday.

The squad is bare thin quality reinforcements required.

Time for the head of recruitment and the board to step up and provide  funding

No more below average loan players please their is simply no point having them

Its clear for all to see our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete in the league and Europe. We need about 4-5 solid signings in order to compete on both fronts.

Do we prioritize Europe? Probably.

But the irony is it'll probably mean we'll fail to qualify for Europe next year if we qualify for the group stages, unless we significantly strengthen the squad.

After the Raith game I predicted that was the start of a 4 game losing streak. I obviously hope that isn't the case. But the next two games are absolutely massive in shaping our season. Lose both and that early season optimism will be gone and Glass will already be under immense pressure.

Surely Glass and Cormack can see the squad isn't strong enough to play Thursday and Sunday each week. But as another week passes with no new signings, they are taking a monumental gamble, which if it pays off great. But if it fails the knives will be getting sharpened by the fans.

Huge next 7 days.

19 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Its clear for all to see our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete in the league and Europe. We need about 4-5 solid signings in order to compete on both fronts.

Do we prioritize Europe? Probably.

But the irony is it'll probably mean we'll fail to qualify for Europe next year if we qualify for the group stages, unless we significantly strengthen the squad.

After the Raith game I predicted that was the start of a 4 game losing streak. I obviously hope that isn't the case. But the next two games are absolutely massive in shaping our season. Lose both and that early season optimism will be gone and Glass will already be under immense pressure.

Surely Glass and Cormack can see the squad isn't strong enough to play Thursday and Sunday each week. But as another week passes with no new signings, they are taking a monumental gamble, which if it pays off great. But if it fails the knives will be getting sharpened by the fans.

Huge next 7 days.

Good points made, but on the last sentence, Thursday is the only thing that's huge from my standpoint

Not the 7 days.

6 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Woods

McGeouch Campbell

McGinn Jenks McLennan

JET

A minimum of 2-0 the hun cunts with that line up. 

Aye write this game off and take anything that comes as a bonus.

Dont necessarily concur that groups will exclude us from next years qualification, it would take a particular form of self harming shiteness for that to happen especially as we have one less cup to deal with.

Agree the Conference Semi finals might hamper our post split performances but maybe let’s just deal with Thursday first.

Huge for us (esp if St fucking Johnston can do it)

If we'd managed to beat Raith then we could have taken a defeat here and it would still be a good start to the season.

As we have 5 subs in europe and the league cup we really should not have made as many changes last week.

We'll need to make a few changes. McGinn, Jenks, Gurr and McGeouch will be certs

3 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

2 million pounds are sake if we reach the group stages  never thought  I would say this but less put a team like this on the park for Sunday

Be double that. £2.4 million prize money just for qualifying, over a million in gate receipts, corporate, possible TV deals then further cash for any points picked up in the group. 

Huge game next week for the club 

3 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Fuckin hell,  that was a tough read.  You only just learnt English? 

I think authorities should do more to help teams in Europe. 

Having said that if we were hearts I wouldn't want this game cancelled. 

Qarabag will definitely rest players. 

I think it's worth risking a loss by making changes, we could play our strongest team and still lose Sunday. 

To me its simple UEFA qualification could be won or lost on thursday, SPFL would not be won or lost for months there are 90 or 120 mins (probably) left is europe there are over 3000 minutes left is europe. Sunday is likely to make £200k maximum Thursday £3m minimum. If a player gets injured Sunday then we cant replace them to influence the following UEFA game - if a player gets injured Thursday we have 5 days to source a replacement before the next SPFL game

What ever way you look at it - Sunday doesnt matter.

Play the U15s for all I care

13 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I look forward to Gurr leading the team out at Tynecastle on Sunday. Thank goodness I will be there to witness it at first hand.

Just to clarify - I’m not saying that’s the team we should play, I’m just saying that’s the team I think will play given that everyone who played near the full 90 mins in Baku will be utterly goosed. McCrorie and Gallagher will still have to start as we’ve no other options.

The Gurr song goes to the tune of the Hearts song, so please make it happen if you’re there…

Gurr, Gurr, little Jack Gurr

he looks like beaver without the furr 

he’s totally useless, he lost us the game 

goodbye little beaver it’s time to go hame.