Hearts 1 - 1 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Your record at Tynecastle is terrible. By dropping some of your first team and using players from your reserves, yeah, that should be enough to secure the points. 

We haven't looked convincing away from home this season with a full strength team so I can't see us getting anything at Tynecastle with an under strength side. Even with a full strength team and a full weeks rest I still wouldn't be confident about getting anything better than a draw. I think we've drawn our last couple of games at Tynecastle and no win there since 2017 so like you say our record there is poor. Likewise Hearts' record at Pittodrie is poor home advantage in recent years seems to really count in this fixture.

I'd love us to win on Sunday but the truth is the Qarabag tie is our biggest game in years. I want us to have the best possible chance of winning that game in front of a sold out Pittodrie which for me means playing an under strength XI on Sunday and resting our most important players. Glass can take more risks playing them on Thursday's and Sunday's once we actually get into the group stages. 

14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Aye write this game off and take anything that comes as a bonus.

Dont necessarily concur that groups will exclude us from next years qualification, it would take a particular form of self harming shiteness for that to happen especially as we have one less cup to deal with.

Agree the Conference Semi finals might hamper our post split performances but maybe let’s just deal with Thursday first.

Huge for us (esp if St fucking Johnston can do it)

With Consi injured there's no way we should be playing McCrorie and Gallagher on Sunday, what if either gets injured??. This game doesn't matter and why not give young loons a shot

Hancock is about the only other option at centre back who hasn’t had a chance yet, he won’t be thrown in to a game like that on Sunday. We need centre back cover even more now Andy looks like he is out, our new player recruitment lad should surely have some contacts to get someone in the door. 

20 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Years ago we would have been fined for fielding a weakened team.

Which was a rule that really boiled my piss. 

If players are registered we should be able to play them whenever we fucking want. 

Why are the bureaucrats and administrators deemed qualified to determine which players are better than others? 

6 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

All doom and gloom on this thread ?

Fuck the yo-yo pricks - Dons win, draw at worst

3rd defeat in a row, swiftly followed by a 4th midweek is my expectation. Early season optimism shattered and the fan base reduced to writing this off as a re-building year. 

15 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

We haven't looked convincing away from home this season with a full strength team so I can't see us getting anything at Tynecastle with an under strength side. Even with a full strength team and a full weeks rest I still wouldn't be confident about getting anything better than a draw. I think we've drawn our last couple of games at Tynecastle and no win there since 2017 so like you say our record there is poor. Likewise Hearts' record at Pittodrie is poor home advantage in recent years seems to really count in this fixture.

I'd love us to win on Sunday but the truth is the Qarabag tie is our biggest game in years. I want us to have the best possible chance of winning that game in front of a sold out Pittodrie which for me means playing an under strength XI on Sunday and resting our most important players. Glass can take more risks playing them on Thursday's and Sunday's once we actually get into the group stages. 

Alright Shinn. 

Yeah I do get that. A Hearts win, and I can't really peacock about it on here cos ur right, it's smack bang between 2 euro ties for you. 

An Aberdeen win though and yous will be entitled to. For the same reason. 

We have flattered to deceive with our results so far. Devlin and Woodburn to arrive with I believe as many as 3 additional players beyond them. Possibly next week. Shows how much work still needs done. 

For those reasons I think it might be quite even. A full house plus Scott Brown will make it some atmosphere. 

Guest milne_afc
21 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cormack just said he's investing hard to pull away from Hearts and Hibs. Your club sees us as a threat at the top end. To say otherwise is being a bit silly. 

Cormack’s full of shit m8.

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cormack just said he's investing hard to pull away from Hearts and Hibs. Your club sees us as a threat at the top end. To say otherwise is being a bit silly. 

Aberdeen don’t see Hearts as any threat. And let’s be honest and admit that it won’t take much investment whatsoever to get the better of Budge and Neilson.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Alright Shinn. 

Yeah I do get that. A Hearts win, and I can't really peacock about it on here cos ur right, it's smack bang between 2 euro ties for you. 

We have flattered to deceive with our results so far. Devlin and Woodburn to arrive with I believe as many as 3 additional players beyond them. Possibly next week. Shows how much work still needs done. 

For those reasons I think it might be quite even. A full house plus Scott Brown will make it some atmosphere. 

Alright Skins

I'd be amazed if Brown plays tomorrow with the Qarabag tie looming. What people need to remember is the scrapping of the away goals rule in europe means extra-time is more likely in any tie now we might need to go 120 minutes against Qarabag and they have no game this weekend. Glass will know all this. A game at Tynecastle is always a great fixture to get look forward to but on this occasion it's very much second fiddle to Thursday and I think our teamsheet tomorrow will reflect that. If we win on Thursday it's worth millions to the club. Tomorrow just doesn't compare on this particular occasion.

12 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Alright Skins

I'd be amazed if Brown plays tomorrow with the Qarabag tie looming. What people need to remember is the scrapping of the away goals rule in europe means extra-time is more likely in any tie now we might need to go 120 minutes against Qarabag and they have no game this weekend. Glass will know all this. A game at Tynecastle is always a great fixture to get look forward to but on this occasion it's very much second fiddle to Thursday and I think our teamsheet tomorrow will reflect that. If we win on Thursday it's worth millions to the club. Tomorrow just doesn't compare on this particular occasion.

Apart from their game tomorrow?

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

haha ok fair enough I read somewhere earlier they had no game this weekend so I stand corrected ?  it's good news they have a game but I imagine they will be more focused on Thursday night too.

Qarabag are definitely prioritising Europe.

They rested 8 of their starting X1 for their first league game, & will probably do similar this weekend. 

9 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Alright Shinn. 

First game of the season for me tomorrow, looking forward to it..despite our poor record there, I’m going 2-1 Dons…hundreds of fouls, very little football played and Brooner to score the winner with a hugely over the top celebration in front of the hearts fans…

6 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

haha ok fair enough I read somewhere earlier they had no game this weekend so I stand corrected ?  it's good news they have a game but I imagine they will be more focused on Thursday night too.

I read the same thing and when I looked there was no fixture shown.

Some things change I guess

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yep it's that @afc1903mad , spreading manure like nobody's business 

Some things don’t change though such as you being a Hun twat ?