Hearts 1 - 1 Aberdeen

22 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Match Hearts physically and you soon see that they have nothing else to offer. It's why they will lose consistently to your St Johnstone's and Motherwell's of this world. 

On that showing, technically they're piss poor, but they're strong and they've a couple of players with pace.

They're also dirty as fuck. 

That makes them a decent SPFL side.

As the game wore on their limitations became way more obvious, and they'll be happy with a draw.

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What, along with all the forum you mean? ?

You’ve mentioned this left foot right thing ad nauseum. 

Or you could maybe tell us again that you didn't want Glass in the first place but you'll give him a chance now he's here. 

Or how Gurr is 25 and only has a handful of senior appearances. 

Or maybe your favourite Michael Devlin party piece. 

I'm only joking min but you're the last person that should be accusing folk of being repetitive 

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

They are totally grim, devoid of any ideas just be as physical is possible. Once we got to grips with that we had them on the ropes. Just lacked that killer final ball.

Ramsay continues to massively impress. He seems to have all the attributes to go really far. He won’t be here for long I don’t think, it’s important we get a proper fee for him as he could potentially make us a lot of money.

I would also add that we really missed Hedges today. McLennan just undoes any good work he does with moments of basic incompetence. Maybe with the right coaching he could come good as he has skill and pace. 

Agree with all of that except the final observation - McLennan has very little skill, he can't hold it up, can't control it and can't pass - he's probably good to run at slow or tiring defences that;s about it - if everyone is fit he should be nowhere near starting. 

• Like 1

Decent attitude 2nd half today. Thought we were off the pace 1st half tbh.

And credit where it's due to Dean Campbell. Looked far more positive today and you could say was the better full back if comparing him and Hayes. I'd suggest that could be Dean's best position for us tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Supposedly Everton have bid £5m for the young loon right back at sevco. Which sevco are reportedly "considering".

Ramsay should be worth at least as much in 12 months time

If you were the Huns you'd think they'd be reluctant to lose the young lad just now and be stuck with Tavernier instead. 

Feels like a bit of an upside down approach to succession planning. 

Entertaining second half. Though McCrorie was great. First game he's played at CB and not made any errors. Read the game brilliantly.

JET - more of the same pls sir. Handful for anyone on that form.

And Deano for left back start if McKenzie it out, even if Hayes it fit. I still think Hayes is a top footballer, but on the wing pls!

Baningime who they signed from Everton (I think) was great. He looked very very comfortable on the ball, and don't remember him losing possession once.

Anyone else think Robbie Neilson looks a little like Jack Nicholson from "The Shining" era....?

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Just watched the “pen” again on Alba, never a pen in a million years.

If that’s the way football is going, just call it Faggot Fucks instead and be done with it. Granted it’s an unnecessary challenge but no way is it a pen.

In my opinion of course. 

As I said earlier.....both God and Mikey Stewart were very dubious about it's award and they didn't seem to change their minds post-match.

I think if the situation had been reversed, we would have been screaming for a pen, But I also think at least half the SPL refs wouldn't have awarded it

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

And credit where it's due to Dean Campbell. Looked far more positive today and you could say was the better full back if comparing him and Hayes. I'd suggest that could be Dean's best position for us tbh.

Totally.

Only other time I recall Deano playing left back was v Killie at home in SC 18 months ago, did a marking job on Stephen ‘O Donnell. Has to start there on Thursday if McKenzie is unavailable 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Haven't read the thread so I'm assuming this subject has already been discussed but Joe Lewis today ????

Some fucking spastic on here was saying this week that Lewis was better than previous keepers - well duh, a traffic cone was better than that Clangers cunt - and that we were speaking crap without having the balls to make any point himself and failing to have the grace or intelligence to say which of us -Ten Caat or I - nor did he specify which words of ours were wrong.

Confidence was the debate. Joe's very first touch today was to boot out the ball for a Hearts throw in from well within his box. That was a simple smother and hold, as he got to the ball first so even that is strongly suggestive that he's much more nervous these days. The fuck-up just before the penalty though (that gave GMS the opportunity to show how weak and shit he actually is by sclaffing it past the left hand post) was reminiscent of the Clangfool fuck-up at Red Parkhead but even worse. At the penalty, Lewis might as well not been there.

You can't win anything with a dodgy keeper. Lewis has turned very firmly into one unfortunately. 

Do you think Woods is worth a go? I wasn’t impressed with him either tbh

A point was the least we deserved. Didn't look like a pen as the ball moved with the challenge but I was 100 yards away from it so hardly had the best view. Only one team was going to win it once we equalised but a point isn't to be sniffed at baring in mind the long journey back from Azerbaijan.

Brilliant atmosphere. They were loud, as they always are at home, and we gave the lads great backing as well. We have a bigger game on Thursday.

10 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Do you think Woods is worth a go? I wasn’t impressed with him either tbh

Na Woods is nae up to standard. Let's not turn this into another "time to give Mark Howard, Stuart Nelson, Derek Soutar etc a go"  type nonsense that we used to hear when people were frustrated with Langfield. 

The problem with Langfield was that until McInnes came along, no one even attempted to sign a replacement, and we haven't got a replacement for Joe. 

If we need a new first choice keeper then we go and sign a first choice keeper. We don't start playing a bunch of reserve keepers, just because we're a little bit frustrated. 

• Upvote 1