Qarabag are a bang average side. It might be that we prove to be bang average too over the course of the season but there's absolutely fuck all to be frightened of them at home. Especially as their 1-0 home victory is just that.......there's no more worry that they sneak an away goal and put the tie beyond us.

I can envisage the tie maybe going into extra-time but I certainly wouldn't want us just hanging on for a penalty shoot out. 

Players dropping like flies.

I’ll make the hopeful assumption MacKenzie & Hayes are fit. 

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher McCrorie MacKenzie        
                            Brown    
                     Ferguson Ojo

JET.                               Hayes 

Ramirez 

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lewis

Brown    
                     Ferguson Ojo

Ramirez 

In all honesty the loss of Considine & Hayes cannot be used by a lot of fans considering the stick they continually get.

Hedges (on form) is a big loss.

MacKenzie hopefully back for Thursday ?

End of day we are where we are because the manager has gambled on not strengthening the back line when needed.

Can just about be excused for waiting until in groups for pushing boat out for other players Striker/winger etc. But a CH should have been signed far far sooner

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He will have to if he plays a back 3.

But will he play a back 3 on Thursday? 

Who knows how the teams are lining up this year, but it’s certainly a possibility I suppose

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why are you asking him?

As if he knows - he spreads dung all over this place like a farmer 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lewis

Brown    
                     Ferguson Ojo

Ramirez 

Just wondering if we could use Jenks instead of JET to start with as we might need the workrate and then JET’s quality and power later on when they’re a bit leggy.

Hayes if used needs to be further up the pitch, McLennan could be fit but again I’d use him as a impact sub.

6 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Just wondering if we could use Jenks instead of JET to start with as we might need the workrate and then JET’s quality and power later on when they’re a bit leggy.

Hayes if used needs to be further up the pitch, McLennan could be fit but again I’d use him as a impact sub.

Jenks is better central though, JET better on the right 

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, I genuinely think we could thump them if we go for it

The trouble is, going for it straight out the gate will make us even more wide open at the back than we already are.

I think we need to get to half time without conceding. The longer we can stay in the tie, they will become more defensive and the crowd will feel it’s there for the taking. 

the longer we stay in the tie, the more dangerous it becomes for Qarabag. 

33 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

The trouble is, going for it straight out the gate will make us even more wide open at the back than we already are.

I think we need to get to half time without conceding. The longer we can stay in the tie, they will become more defensive and the crowd will feel it’s there for the taking. 

the longer we stay in the tie, the more dangerous it becomes for Qarabag. 

Disagree. First goal is crucial & we desperately need it. They score first with us keeping it tight (which we will struggle to do anyway given our options) & we are in huge trouble as 3 goals needed from us then without reply & that is near impossible against them. 

I think we will get to extra time at best but then it’s back to square one & anyones game.

reckon 1-0 or 2-1 will be best we can do in 90. That isn’t being too negative just realistic given first game (regardless of pitch arguments) considering it took us until past 90 mins to get a damn shot on goal.

May think that a negative view but in reality for us to be winning game in 90 by 2 goals is probably a bit over optimistic, of course you never know & maybe they won’t travel well but given their location & experience of reaching groups consistently I don’t think we can count on them being fkd from traveling 

I think we have to come out fighting from the start. Hopefully the crowd will be enthused.Get one goal, then its all to play for. I just wished we had bolstered our squad before the first game.\It is a very big gamble the board are taking here..group stages is a the big money which can change a lot for our team. As it seems when clubs get to the group stages its becomes less difficult to do it again..financially its a big boost.

They should have gambled and spent some dosh.

I think we will win 2-0  with the second goal coming just before the end of regulation time.

2 hours ago, Oregon Red said:

I think we have to come out fighting from the start. Hopefully the crowd will be enthused.Get one goal, then its all to play for. I just wished we had bolstered our squad before the first game.\It is a very big gamble the board are taking here..group stages is a the big money which can change a lot for our team. As it seems when clubs get to the group stages its becomes less difficult to do it again..financially its a big boost.

They should have gambled and spent some dosh.

I think we will win 2-0  with the second goal coming just before the end of regulation time.

A late winner would blow the roof off. 

Not seen since Copenhagen/Bayern.