Sad to drop out tonight… an old cliche but hopefully Glass has learnt a lot from tonight. A real exposure of our problems and limitations. Glass will be judged on how he reacts to this… he should have a better understanding of where he needs to go and what needs to be done.

hoping for a silver lining!

Rolled the dice. Lost. And that includes the Raith game. Speculate to accumulate? Nah.

We claim to be the third biggest/best team in Scotland. The fact that we probably are, speaks volumes about the shiteness of football in Scotland. The huns and tims are miles ahead of us and they hardly shone tonight. 

Still. Big game against the County on Sunday!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

A bridge to far for us 

Technically they where far to good for us and toiled  to get forward

Agree with a lot of fans over the years Scottish clubs  coaching is inept technically 

It's still not moving forward technically  and we are never comfortable  on the ball

Having said that are young defenders can hold their heads high

Very disappointed  we didn't make the group  stages.

Credit to the board for investing in the squad  this year we do have the best squad  in years

If Milne was still in charge its likey we would not be in a good place squad wise

Let's now move on

Really?

It's far from the best squad. It's so unbalanced. 

Best squad? Maybe better than last season but that’s about it. 

First time seeing most of our players in the flesh for me. That game won’t define Ramsay but what a roasting he got in the first half. Hopefully does him some good. 

not sure I saw Ramires control the hall once

was Jenks even playing?

centre backs were embarrassing for the first half goals. Get russell Anderson out of retirement 

9 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Well ootplayed.

While we've been poor, they're a very decent side on this showing.

9 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Quarabag are a very decent side and we look like a team that's recently been papped by Raith Rovers.

Any team would look a decent side up against an abortion of a performance like we put in last night.

Fuck me, it's nae difficult.

They are perennial champions league qualifier drop outs, from a shite league rated worse than Kazakhstan and Belarus.

Last 3 seasons they parachute drop into Europa League and turn out the whipping boys of the group.

1 point out of 18 last season after being binned by Molde of Norway in CL qualifier.

Only a decent side against, well, er us, apparently.

9 hours ago, scottymc said:

Qarabag were excellent though. Reckon they would comfortably beat the old firm based on what I watched. 

That's pish min.

Perhaps review the huns Euro record against theirs of last couple of seasons.

The bags are light years behind.

We were utterly abysmal, and made it easy for them.

No wonder they looked confident when the clicked at how inept, rudderless and woefully incompetent we were.

Jesus.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

That's pish min.

Perhaps review the huns Euro record against theirs of last couple of seasons.

The bags are light years behind.

We were utterly abysmal, and made it easy for them.

No wonder they looked confident when the clicked at how inept, rudderless and woefully incompetent we were.

Jesus.

Have to agree there. They were better than us but we have seen plenty better teams at Pittodrie in the last 8 years.

We'd all expect Aberdeen to hold their own against Rangers/Celtic at home and I think either of those sides would comfortably beat Qarabag home and away

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No complaints over the result. Just shows up the complete lack of balance in the team. Had long enough so to sort it too. Compare to Qarabag who had a solid defence, pace up front, players breaking from midfield. 

The annoying thing is it's been obvious since the start of the season we've needed some strengthening in central defence. Thought Brown showed every bit that he's 36 last night. Very poor. Ramirez completely isolated. 

We're just not good enough. 

Out of Europe and chucked away the league cup. Not a good start to the season. 

10 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

No complaints over the result. Just shows up the complete lack of balance in the team. Had long enough so to sort it too. Compare to Qarabag who had a solid defence, pace up front, players breaking from midfield. 

The annoying thing is it's been obvious since the start of the season we've needed some strengthening in central defence. Thought Brown showed every bit that he's 36 last night. Very poor. Ramirez completely isolated. 

Desperately looking for the positives of which there are very few.  We weren’t predictably hoyed oot as we have been previously but hoyed oot regardless. We tried something including depleting the squad at Livingston to try to get a different outcome.

It didn’t work, but we tried.  Only complaint from me was not addressing defence (anyway, regardless of Considines injury), and bringing in the two loanees to sit in the stand for our biggest game.

Im not a pat on the head, at least you tried kind of person.  But I’m not a know your place, enjoy 3-5th, are you not entertained, look at my Dubai tan type either.

All shiteness of our performance aside, it pisses me off we have clubs from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Russia & Israel in European football competition.

Fuck off and play in the Asian leagues or wherever. Those sides would have no where near as much money without Europe TV audiences and unfortunately it’s largely money that makes clubs more successful relative to each other.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Yeah, brown is probably on decent money and he was miles off it. 

That's what frustrates me. We are investing in the team but the players aren't good enough that we are recruiting, for the money being paid. Even breidabilk, with less money, had players who were more comfortable on the ball. 

We seem to be in this half arsed nomad world of trying to stop playing like a typical Scottish team but not recruiting players to actually make it work. 

9 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Bottom line is we desperately need to  bring Scottish football into the 21st Century... It won't happen of course, because the clowns at the top of Scottish football have no interest in doing so. 

It then falls to the individual clubs to raise their own standards, and to fuck with the football authorities. 

We've fallen so far behind as a nation that unless something major changes we will go through this charade forever. 

It's up to Aberdeen to raise their own standards, because what we saw tonight was fucking laughable. 

The problem being that the two big clubs have moved on.  It’s arguable to what extent that has contributed to the remainder’s stagnation.  And it’s not like the 8 year window to at least try to address it wasn’t there.  But we couldn’t recreate it quick enough.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Best squad? Maybe better than last season but that’s about it. 

First time seeing most of our players in the flesh for me. That game won’t define Ramsay but what a roasting he got in the first half. Hopefully does him some good. 

not sure I saw Ramires control the hall once

was Jenks even playing?

centre backs were embarrassing for the first half goals. Get russell Anderson out of retirement 

Well that’s nonsense, Ramirez controlled the ball and held it up or laid it off nearly every time. The problem was he had fuck all support and not a single decent final ball into him in the box. It was the same v breidablik, he was so isolated it was awful to watch.

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah, brown is probably on decent money and he was miles off it. 

That's what frustrates me. We are investing in the team but the players aren't good enough that we are recruiting, for the money being paid. Even breidabilk, with less money, had players who were more comfortable on the ball. 

We seem to be in this half arsed nomad world of trying to stop playing like a typical Scottish team but not recruiting players to actually make it work. 

We see it every single season, nearly every team we get at this stage is miles ahead of us technically regardless of where they are from. When they had the ball last night it was quick passing and moving with some lovely long diagonals. When we had it we were laboured and passed it backwards and sideways with no urgency. Like I said we would have been as well going route one instead of trying to play football against them.

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well that’s nonsense, Ramirez controlled the ball and held it up or laid it off nearly every time. The problem was he had fuck all support and not a single decent final ball into him in the box. It was the same v breidablik, he was so isolated it was awful to watch.

We see it every single season, nearly every team we get at this stage is miles ahead of us technically regardless of where they are from. When they had the ball last night it was quick passing and moving with some lovely long diagonals. When we had it we were laboured and passed it backwards and sideways with no urgency. Like I said we would have been as well going route one instead of trying to play football against them.

Yet the only midfielders we have who are capable of the quick passing and lovely long diagonals (Mcgeough and Campbell) get criticised cos they are not tough enough. Its a sad indictment of Scottish football as a whole that the technically gifted players in our midfield are the ones who dont play.

We'd all expect Aberdeen to hold their own against Rangers/Celtic at home

I wouldn't. I expect us to ship goals anytime we play a semi competent side as our defence is utter shite. We'll get a few pumpings this season I'm sure. I was willing to accept that if the pay off was entertaining attacking football as promised but we are back to hardly having a shot at goal again.

7 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Yet the only midfielders we have who are capable of the quick passing and lovely long diagonals (Mcgeough and Campbell) get criticised cos they are not tough enough. Its a sad indictment of Scottish football as a whole that the technically gifted players in our midfield are the ones who dont play.

McGeouch and Campbell are nowhere near the standard of the Qarabag players last night. Campbell did okay when he came on, at least managed to find a few of his teammates with passes in the short time he featured.

We are crying out for a Ryan Christie or Kenny McLean but these types of players are out of our reach now. Can only hope the boy from Wolves has something about him.

Edit: hopefully Watkins can be as effective as he was last time as we were a far better side when he played, seemed to fill that gap between midfield and striker.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

McGeouch and Campbell are nowhere near the standard of the Qarabag players last night. Campbell did okay when he came on, at least managed to find a few of his teammates with passes in the short time he featured.

We are crying out for a Ryan Christie or Kenny McLean but these types of players are out of our reach now. Can only hope the boy from Wolves has something about him.

I'm not disagreeing but I thought the boy from Wolves was a striker. 

Just get a proper number ten for fucks sake. 

Have to agree there. They were better than us but we have seen plenty better teams at Pittodrie in the last 8 years.

We'd all expect Aberdeen to hold their own against Rangers/Celtic at home and I think either of those sides would comfortably beat Qarabag home and away

What bollocks, we will be soundly pumped by either of the old firm with the squad the way it is at the moment. We are a long way off holding our own against a decent side. We couldn’t beat Raith Rovers ffs.

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Didnt see Campbell's contribution last night. I'd left before he came on. But at least him and Mcgeough can pick a pass. Technically two of the more gifted players yet we (and the rest of Scotland) favour athleticism and brute strength. Maybe saying something that all these teams that beat us year in year out prefer a technical approach to games. Is it really such a coincidence that other than Rangers and Celtic, scottish clubs are consistently pumped out from teams in so called lesser leagues.