3 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I'm getting it clear as day - you reckon Thursday was entirely doon to the dons being shit. 

You're missing the bit where I agreed we were pish but doubt we could have matched that Qarabag performance regardless.

Pick your best dons performance under Glass and try comparing that to Qarabag on Thursday - I canna see this dons side matching that level. 

And stop calling me a cunt. Ye cunt 

Calling someone a cunt is a term of affection 

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Was actually thinking about how badly the performance rated in terms of all European games we've played at Pittodrie.

It was so fucking soul destroyingly  bad it rates in the top 3 home Euro horror shows.

Alongside Olomouc and Rijeka.

Honourable mentions to Bohemians and Zalgiris Vilnius.

The only other ones that come close, but still way behind Thursday.

Bohemians being a last 10 minutes of madness, not 90 minutes of drivel.

Vilnius we were 4-1 up from the away leg anyway.

It was nowhere near as bad as Olomouc, Bohemians and Zalgiris.

Qarabag are a decent side. They have been in the group stages 8 years in a row now. You don't do that if your not decent.

Where I think we went wrong was we stood far too far off their top players and they took full advantage.

This is very much an Aberdeen team in transition but to suddenly expect us to beat teams like Qarabag is expecting too much. Hopefully next year we will be in a stronger position to challenge for the group stages.

10 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Qarabag are a decent side. They have been in the group stages 8 years in a row now. You don't do that if your not decent.

Where I think we went wrong was we stood far too far off their top players and they took full advantage.

This is very much an Aberdeen team in transition but to suddenly expect us to beat teams like Qarabag is expecting too much. Hopefully next year we will be in a stronger position to challenge for the group stages.

This cunt's bang fucking on^ @muttonhumper

5 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Was actually thinking about how badly the performance rated in terms of all European games we've played at Pittodrie.

It was so fucking soul destroyingly  bad it rates in the top 3 home Euro horror shows.

I dunno why you don't like Qarabag so much. They were a classy side. We aren't, miles off it. 

I get us being crap made them look even better but I don't think that group of players could have done better for us, we are just nowhere near it. 

6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

You are nae getting this min

They looked good as we were absolutely shite.

This is a thing. In fitba. And anything else.

It's easy to look good if you are up against a woeful and incompetent opponent.

That showing.

Yes. Indeed.

That showing.

Which was against shite.

Wish you cunts would stop making excuses for how bad we were on Thursday.

It's fucking pathetic.

Why can’t you give them any credit? They were clearly really good.

6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Absolutely nowhere near any of those performances. Hysterical nonsense.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Correct. 

43 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

There's a heap of obsessed cunts on here. Their lickle ickle internet personas got hurt after I made a cunt of them. The cunts fabricate and repeat shit and they keep coming back for more cuntings. The world would be a better place if they hadn't been born from their mither's stinking rotten cunt. 

Except when you put people on ignore because they are clearly better than you.

36 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Lost? You're mentally unwell. You don't compute but me me me me me. Isn't it time you played the pity card again? You're an unintelligent zero with no personality. Go fuck yourself. 

Wow. Startling lack of self awareness.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You've told a number to fuck off the last few days. You're like a simpleton child with a new toy. But confrontation isn't something that is good for you. You aren't mentally strong enough. Surely the army of shrinks and counsellors taught you that?

When you're out of your depth, recognise it. I know how much you want to be my friend and how much you "respect" me. You PM'ed it often enough, as I showed the forum.

Your most pathetic use of the forum is when you seek sympathy and pity. Like you're the only one. Like the world revolves around you. We lost the first dog we ever had this week and had to put down an 8 year old bitch. Loads of tears in the family but you know what, it's just life. I lost my uncle and a best mate last year. Again, just life.

Me me me me me.

You don't compute on my radar. Your many invitations to meet over many years are fruitless. "You'd like me", you posted often. I have mates who are thicker than you - and you're intellectually sub-average (as are 50%) - but none as damaged as you. I assure you that I would not like you. It's not your ability to process information and converse, it's your filters that are polluted and your maps are confused.

For your own well being, just fuck off. You just get hurt, every fucking time. Learn to avoid needless pain. 

Wtf. You need to step away from the internet.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Proof Dode Burnett was right - the site's full of pricks  :rolleyes:

I hope you are being playful and nae nasty.

4 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I've already illustrated their plodding middling status elsewhere in this thread and how the bizarre CL drop out system seriously benefits them.

They had their arse reamed left right and centre  all last season in Europe.

Of course, that would have been a touch different if they had the luck to draw us at some point last season.

4 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

This cunt's bang fucking on^ @muttonhumper

That cunt has an opinon.

Agrees with your one, disagrees with my one.
Nae biggie.

4 hours ago, RUL said:

I dunno why you don't like Qarabag so much. They were a classy side. We aren't, miles off it. 

I get us being crap made them look even better but I don't think that group of players could have done better for us, we are just nowhere near it. 

Like I say.

I've already illustrated their plodding middling status elsewhere in this thread.

Debate or counter debate those points by providing valid ones of your own. Applies to TBR and Frankie Mac as well.

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Why can’t you give them any credit? They were clearly really good.

Absolutely nowhere near any of those performances. Hysterical nonsense.

And you too.

What other Pitttodrie Euro tragedys should displace that?

We've had far superior sides come to Pittodrie over the years, even when we have not been a great team, and still never been as woeful as Thursday.

We gave them all a game.

We didn't lay a finger on a completely average Euro side who have achieved the square root of fuck all.

Unless they play us of course. Then they are suddenly Brazil 1970.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Come on

Qarabag are a right good team

You can't remotely compare it to sigma

Yeah, Sigma was the very worst. By a distance.

I still put that one in top 3 worst though.

Just behind the Rijeka one of a couple of years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Qarabag held to a draw at home by Basel tonight.

0-0

Seems they struggle to score against or easily bin anyone apart from us.

7 games in Europe

2 v us - 4 goals

5 v others - 3 goals

including scoring 1 in 180 minutes against the serious might of MS Ashdod.

or

Same amount of goals in 1 game at Pittodrie as the total of their 5 other European matches.

20 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He certainly did.

I've always rated him as a player and remember him scoring a cracker against us via a free-kick.

A wand of a left foot and scores plenty of goals for a midfielder. We've certainty missed out on one here.

I can't really recall him as a player.

Looks like his career only really kicked off after he went to Plymouth.

Before that he had been released by St Mirren and Ross County with Dundee Utd apparently indecisive on him after he went there on trial 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I can't really recall him as a player.

Looks like his career only really kicked off after he went to Plymouth.

Before that he had been released by St Mirren and Ross County with Dundee Utd apparently indecisive on him after he went there on trial 

The likes of him, Kenny McLean and the boy Tesselaar always stood out for St. Mirren whenever they played us.

As you quite rightly say, his career really took off when he moved to Plymouth.

Maybe he was just pissed off that for whatever reason he never really had stability at any of the Scottish clubs he played for but a change of scenery and a manager that appreciated his talents (Derek Adams if I remember correctly) has done him the world of good and he hasn't looked back.

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The likes of him, Kenny McLean and the boy Tesselaar always stood out for St. Mirren whenever they played us.

As you quite rightly say, his career really took off when he moved to Plymouth.

Maybe he was just pissed off that for whatever reason he never really had stability at any of the Scottish clubs he played for but a change of scenery and a manager that appreciated his talents (Derek Adams if I remember correctly) has done him the world of good and he hasn't looked back.

Interestingly, Adams was the manager at Ross County when Carey was there and left to join Plymouth where Adams had then become the manager there 

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It therefore makes you wonder if we did miss out on Carey as he played left midfield where we had taken on Jonny Hayes.

Direct comparison between the two, who would you have preferred?

Very tough call but Hayes, when we initially signed him back in 2012, just shades it. However, Carey is a far better and more consistent performer than Hayes today, so if the opportunity was there to sign Carey last year, definitely would have preferred to sign him rather than Hayes. 

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Interestingly, Adams was the manager at Ross County when Carey was there and left to join Plymouth where Adams had then become the manager there 

Good shout min.

Adams obviously knew how to relate to Carey and how to get the best out of him compared with the other managers he played under. 

You can be the greatest manager in the world but if a player thinks/knows you are a prick, you'll never get the best out of him regardless of how talented the player is. 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Sorry why is everyone suddenly raving about a boy who has played for Ross County, Plymouth and CSKA Sofia (who have also taken on class like Cillian Sheridan)

Have I missed something or is that just how bad we are now

Was kind of wondering that myself. 

John Inglis played for Levski Sofia when they were Bulgarian champions.

There are plenty players who have been utter shite up here yet seem to do well in comparison in England. Ikpeazu was horrific at Hearts yet joined Middlesbrough in the summer for a fee reported to be north of a million and is doing well. Maybe it's more that English football (especially at Championship level) is vastly over-rated than anything else?

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Sorry why is everyone suddenly raving about a boy who has played for Ross County, Plymouth and CSKA Sofia (who have also taken on class like Cillian Sheridan)

Have I missed something or is that just how bad we are now

Maybe we’re just bored of the posts this week and strayed into a discussion about a boy that played in the Scottish league and scored in Europe last night.

10 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

0-0

Seems they struggle to score against or easily bin anyone apart from us.

7 games in Europe

2 v us - 4 goals

5 v others - 3 goals

including scoring 1 in 180 minutes against the serious might of MS Ashdod.

or

Same amount of goals in 1 game at Pittodrie as the total of their 5 other European matches.

Sums up our defensive shambles 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Was kind of wondering that myself. 

John Inglis played for Levski Sofia when they were Bulgarian champions.

There are plenty players who have been utter shite up here yet seem to do well in comparison in England. Ikpeazu was horrific at Hearts yet joined Middlesbrough in the summer for a fee reported to be north of a million and is doing well. Maybe it's more that English football (especially at Championship level) is vastly over-rated than anything else?

Vastly overrated (the Championship down south)I agree with, but this lad has always had talent and would certainly be an upgrade on what we have.

Anyways, back on topic Qarabag showed they are not mugs last night.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe we’re just bored of the posts this week and strayed into a discussion about a boy that played in the Scottish league and scored in Europe last night.

Strong answer. One I can’t argue against

I was just rubbing my eyes in disbelief at reading signing jonny hayes in 2012 just shades signing the boy who got released by st mirren, Dundee United then played in league 1 & 2 in England ?