Zero respect for McGhee?

'Mark McGhee says his infamous sending off at Aberdeen in 2017 led to "the worst night of his footballing life."'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/mark-mcghee-offers-no-aberdeen-24806261

"My biggest problem with that night isn't with the punter with the phone. He was just a tube.

"It was with Aberdeen FC who gave me no support and no protection. There wasn't even a seat for me. They gave me no apology for the fact I was treated like that.

"The way I was handled that night, by a club that have got me on the wall saying I'm a legend, was absolutely disgusting."

Guest milne_afc

I hope Marc Magee steps on a plug.

Edit: just read the article. I hope he gets the help he needs. He’s quite obviously, a fucking nut job.

Well he didn't show us any respect when he brushed off getting pumped 9-0 as "just 3 points" 

Neither did he show any respect when he announced at his initial press conference that he had been holding out for the Celtic job and we should be pleased he'd lowered himself to accept our job. 

And he didn't show us much respect the night he fucked up our European campaign before it had even started by playing Derek Young and Stuart Duff on the right side of our defence. 

• Upvote 5
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well he didn't show us any respect when he brushed off getting pumped 9-0 as "just 3 points" 

Neither did he show any respect when he announced at his initial press conference that he had been holding out for the Celtic job and we should be pleased he'd lowered himself to accept our job. 

And he didn't show us much respect the night he fucked up our European campaign before it had even started by playing Derek Young and Stuart Duff on the right side of our defence. 

9_0  was the McGee master plan to get the Celtic job.  ( He Thought.).  

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Post of the year min?.

Hearing that cunt saying "it's only three points" whilst waiting on oor supporters bus to get home fae Parkhead that day was unforgivable. 

44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Great post 

covered exactly what we felt about him and sadly how much he feels about us 

his fall from grace and his eventual demise as epitomised with his behaviour and interaction with a fan ( in his words tube) was embarrassing for a man who was rightly revered by many who support the dons 

He will always be an Aberdeen legend for what he did as a player. But his stint here as manager was a total car crash from start to finish. McGhee just doesn't deal in reality he's delusional and narcissistic.

Despite that I can't bring myself to hate the guy I have too many fond memories of him as a player. He's a cunt but he achieved great things for the club. Give me a win at all costs cunt like him any day over some of the players we have had since who were far nicer human beings but couldn't lace his boots as a player and lacked his wining mentality and hunger.

• Upvote 1

Strachan and McGhee were big friends throughout there spell with us and always seemed to have chips on their shoulders throughout there spell with us, a pair of awkward buggers is a description I have been told of the both of them by another player who played with them at the time. 

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Was he this much a prick when he was a player? Was before my time.

Everything he’s done since the second he was appointed manager here he deserves nothing but contempt and ridicule for. 

McGhee the player was made for Ferguson's Aberdeen. Probably for the same reason he's a prick of a man - arrogant, ambitious and self interested. His proficiency as a player exceeded his capabilities as a manager is the difference IYAM.

I'd reckon most players he managed would view him as simply a prick, whereas team mates would have viewed him as a prick you want in your side 

Only Willie Miller surpassed him as a hero as a player.

A complete and utter zero as our manager. The 9-0 thrashing by Tims still gives me nightmares.

The 7-2 night against 'well was hilarious. Was in main stand that night and saw his humiliation unfolding. Couldn't happen to a bigger prick .. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The subject of McGhee has been done to death.

Legend as a player. That won’t change. 

Fat, huffy, thin skinned, Tim cunt, who happens to be in the top 3 worst managers we’ve ever had. 

Who are the other 2 because he’s my worst. Actually said he’d be shit when we appointed him and it only got worse 

4 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Only Willie Miller surpassed him as a hero as a player.

A complete and utter zero as our manager. The 9-0 thrashing by Tims still gives me nightmares.

The 7-2 night against 'well was hilarious. Was in main stand that night and saw his humiliation unfolding. Couldn't happen to a bigger prick .. 

Was he that good as a player I had more hero’s than him in the team but could of just been me and I was very young so might not of known any better 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Was he that good as a player I had more hero’s than him in the team but could of just been me and I was very young so might not of known any better 

Yes he was that good. An absolute beast of a player a proper winner. You had to be to play for a young Fergie. McGhee the player was a hero for Aberdeen anyone who says otherwise is talking shit. McGhee the manager is a completely different subject. 

6 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Yes he was that good. An absolute beast of a player a proper winner. You had to be to play for a young Fergie. McGhee the player was a hero for Aberdeen anyone who says otherwise is talking shit. McGhee the manager is a completely different subject. 

Ah I see only seen clips of McGee