Zero respect for McGhee?

49 minutes ago, thurso said:

Who are the other 2 because he’s my worst. Actually said he’d be shit when we appointed him and it only got worse 

Patereon is most definitely one of them. Terrible time here and incredibly lucky not to be fired after the infamous hungover incident for the Dundee game

As been said McGoo as a player no denying his hero status and contribution to the club but ruined his reputation forever I'd say after everything thats happened since 

11 minutes ago, OddJob said:

Patereon is most definitely one of them. Terrible time here and incredibly lucky not to be fired after the infamous hungover incident for the Dundee game

As been said McGoo as a player no denying his hero status and contribution to the club but ruined his reputation forever I'd say after everything thats happened since 

Yes that incident was very bad but under him we beat Celtic at parkhead and at pittodrie if I mind right. McGee was far worse 

35 minutes ago, thurso said:

Paterson not so sure.
Actually forgot about alex Miller erased that from my mind about how bad he was so I’ll give you that one ?

I'm really stretching my memory now, but my admittedly fleeting memories of Jimmy Bonthrone (and it would be the last year of his tenure) are that he was fucking hopeless.

Alex Miller is without doubt the worst manager though

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm really stretching my memory now, but my admittedly fleeting memories of Jimmy Bonthrone (and it would be the last year of his tenure) are that he was fucking hopeless.

Alex Miller is without doubt the worst manager though

You old bugger ??

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well he didn't show us any respect when he brushed off getting pumped 9-0 as "just 3 points" 

Neither did he show any respect when he announced at his initial press conference that he had been holding out for the Celtic job and we should be pleased he'd lowered himself to accept our job. 

And he didn't show us much respect the night he fucked up our European campaign before it had even started by playing Derek Young and Stuart Duff on the right side of our defence. 

Correct - that shite he came out with was totally unacceptable and he should have been binned at the time - I still shudder at the scoreline. Totally lost his "legend" status for me that day.

Always great to see Maghee embarrassing himself. As always, here’s his great moment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/aberdeen-job-is-a-dream-but-celtic-were-1027140

And the former Wolves, Reading and Leicester boss said: "Aberdeen fans know that in Scottish football on a scale of one to three you have Rangers and Celtic and then Aberdeen comes in third. 

"I think that any player or manager has the right to want to play or manage at the best club possible. 

"I have looked at that opportunity, I didn't get that job but I then moved on to come to Aberdeen quickly with a total positive feeling and a total commitment. 

"The Celtic thing should not in any way undermine things - quite the opposite actually. Maybe Aberdeen fans should be thinking that they have a manager that was considered by Celtic." 

A complete roaster of a man.

Narcissistic and deluded clown.

An absolute joke figure.

I'm struggling to rustle up anyone who could actually compete with him in the absolute gluepot stakes for anyone associated historically for AFC.

Or even any manager in the wider scheme of Scottish football and beyond.

I'm sure someone will help with that though. :checkit:

A pathetic individual.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Always great to see Maghee embarrassing himself. As always, here’s his great moment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/aberdeen-job-is-a-dream-but-celtic-were-1027140

And the former Wolves, Reading and Leicester boss said: "Aberdeen fans know that in Scottish football on a scale of one to three you have Rangers and Celtic and then Aberdeen comes in third. 

"I think that any player or manager has the right to want to play or manage at the best club possible. 

"I have looked at that opportunity, I didn't get that job but I then moved on to come to Aberdeen quickly with a total positive feeling and a total commitment. 

"The Celtic thing should not in any way undermine things - quite the opposite actually. Maybe Aberdeen fans should be thinking that they have a manager that was considered by Celtic." 

That is batshit crazy tbh

17 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s kind of sad but he really didn’t endear himself with the fans when he was manager.

Tbf though Milne hung him out to dry by not giving him any money to work with.

Milne will have told him he was getting fuck all money to work with before he agreed to become manager.

He is probably the worst manager I’ve ever seen in charge here. Paterson maybe, but at least with him there was probably a decent manager in there somewhere that was just ruined by drink.

32 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Milne will have told him he was getting fuck all money to work with before he agreed to become manager.

He is probably the worst manager I’ve ever seen in charge here. Paterson maybe, but at least with him there was probably a decent manager in there somewhere that was just ruined by drink.

Not sure about that, he had absolutely fuck all to work with after JC was quite generously backed. 

Mark McGhee was a terrific Aberdeen player…no doubt about that. As a manager though, he was truly horrific. He was that arrogant he didn’t see anything wrong with what he done and blamed everyone else. He was without doubt the worst Aberdeen manager in the history of the club and that is some doing. 
He obviously doesn’t like us now but in fairness he isn’t missed by many of us either. 

1 hour ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Cant wait for the Daily Records next exclusive this time with Strachan, how I fucked over AFC and FC Koln in 84.

Strachan was a sarcastic nippy little cunt at Aberdeen but he was like that everywhere it's what made him a great player. He wanted to try his luck elsewhere after huge success at Aberdeen just like Fergie did and to be fair he did very well after he left the club so it was the right decision. He actually talks very fondly of his time at AFC in this interview from last year when he was inducted into the AFC Hall of Fame. Yes he was an arrogant little cunt but he was a proper winner with fantastic ability....give me 10 Strachan's at my club any day of the week.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/01/06/afc-fps-gordon-strachan-feature/

• Upvote 1

I absolutely loved Mark McGhee as a player. He was my favourite player, after Willie, of course and I was so desperate for him to be a successful manager for us, not just because it was Aberdeen but because for me, an Aberdeen legend was now our manager. 

however, it started horribly badly and never really improved. As disappointed as I was to see McGhee fail, I was more disappointed with the crap and lies that he continues to spout to this day. The Motherwell game was priceless and yet at the time and still now, he believes it was all down to these naughty Aberdeen fans and he’s so blinkered and deluded, that he cannot see his part is this whole (for him) dismal episode. Sad, very sad.

18 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

Great player for the Dons, but after his tenure as manager was a disaster i'd hate any fans fav ex players come back to manage us & ruin great memories of them 

In a way that's why I'm glad Eric never got the job, but I'm sure he wouldn't have tarnished his hero status

23 minutes ago, cruzcampo3 said:

Another time Paterson would have had more chance of being successful. Came here with demons and not long after the sky deal ended and the SPL tv deal coming to nothing.

was also told to cut wages hence the reason the dross he brought in 

Away man. Paterson was miles oot of his depth health-wise and professionally.

Fair point that he had his demons to contend with but now that he's sorted himself out it's clear where his fitba management level is. No disrespect to the man but he never was fit to manage AFC in more ways than one. Write it off as  up there among Milne's stellar clusterfucks

4 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Away man. Paterson was miles oot of his depth health-wise and professionally.

Fair point that he had his demons to contend with but now that he's sorted himself out it's clear where his fitba management level is. No disrespect to the man but he never was fit to manage AFC in more ways than one. Write it off as  up there among Milne's stellar clusterfucks

He was way more fit to at the time than mark McGhee was ?