Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

Boy did glass make the WRONG substitutions

On the front foot with drive energy and pace bought off samuels and Longstaff replaced with JET and Watkins and boys did it drain it from the team Hayes was a rescue sub to get us out of a hole of his making

No pace no energy no drive

oh by the way 

Woods

Gallagher Bates Brown Gurr

Samuels longstaff Jenks Watkins

Jet Ramirez

If you play Brown at centre defence we have a pretty good team just from signing 

Hopefully the break does us some good, playing open is ok if you convert the chance you make if you dont you will lose against a team that get a goal and then sits in especailly if you with draw your drive and energy as we di today 

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That is true. Shambles all over.

Normally some would look at those stats & say that oooh when they click someone is going to get a real hiding. Problem is we also look very much a team that will see some hidings ourselves. Complete mess. 

Who does Glass have working on our defensive side of things? Because it genuinely looks like it has been completely forgotten about.

Why did he think playing two headless chickens off Ramirez in the area we need most creativity would be a good idea? 

Fucking bonkers 

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It went right over your head but yeah, if we finished mid-table I genuinely wouldn’t be bothered. We are in the middle of change, a lot of things can and will go wrong before we get where we want to be. You seem to be unable to embrace change, try freeing yourself from your negative mindset.

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

Anything less than 4th is unacceptable imo. No Aberdeen managers should be deemed acceptable if we finish outside top 4. Making excuses/allowances for that is totally defeatist. Glass was pedaled as a highly experienced manager that knows the Scottish game really well. He was either ready to take Aberdeen job or he wasn’t 

Seems he wasn’t defensively for fkn sure

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Anything less than 4th is unacceptable imo. No Aberdeen managers should be deemed acceptable if we finish outside top 4. Making excuses/allowances for that is totally defeatist. Glass was pedaled as a highly experienced manager that knows the Scottish game really well. He was either ready to take Aberdeen job or he wasn’t 

And what will you do if we finish outside 4th? Cry? Miss your job centre appointment?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

4th not plucked out thin air either, Wikipedia having to make a point for you ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Just a constant stream of negativity

Nope just the same negativity towards the same shambolic area of our team/coaching

A defensive SHAMBLES. I can accept that the attack is making chances but not taking them well enough yet but the defensive set up/organisation in that team has looked an utter joke. Amateurs that look like they have no idea

i am not going to ignore the obvious & main negatives in our team just to please cunts like you. ?

do you think your moaning about me moaning about this is going to stop me? Do you not see the irony in yourself ?

Nope just the same negativity towards the same shambolic area of our team/coaching

A defensive SHAMBLES. I can accept that the attack is making chances but not taking them well enough yet but the defensive set up/organisation in that team has looked an utter joke. Amateurs that look like they have no idea

It’s just all negative though. You’ve never had a positive thing to say about anything.

Who hurt you so bad?

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

And what will you do if we finish outside 4th? Cry? Miss your job centre appointment?

What is your obsession with my working?

I have already told you I have never been unemployed a single day in my life since leaving school & will be retired by age 52 on current rate. 

& yes 4th would be a very miserable but only just about acceptable finish for any manager of Aberdeen in first season but no less. Problem is that he has got a team on current showings capable of even that

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s just all negative though. You’ve never had a positive thing to say about anything.

Who hurt you so bad?

You just focus on the negative I am constantly repeating. I have said plenty other things 8 am happy with rgds Glass since the charlatan McInnes was binned. I have repeatedly said that overall I am happy with Glass & his attitude but my only gripe is his defensive shambles & (it seems) his inability to fix it

clearly you are only able to focus on the negative things I say & are completely blinkered to all the positives I say. You are so obsessed with it that you have to repeatedly comment on it ??

I have already told you I have never been unemployed a single day in my life since leaving school & will be retired by age 52 on current rate. 

& yes 4th would be a very miserable but only just about acceptable finish for any manager of Aberdeen in first season but no less. Problem is that he has got a team on current showings capable of even that

As you’ve checked, Ferguson had us finishing 4th in his first season. Very miserable indeed.

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

You just focus on the negative I am constantly repeating. I have said plenty other things 8 am happy with rgds Glass since the charlatan McInnes was binned. I have repeatedly said that overall I am happy with Glass & his attitude but my only gripe is his defensive shambles & (it seems) his inability to fix it

That’s it, nearly getting there. You just have to stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

Some day you can be a box office poster like me.

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Retired by 52 lucky you what’s the secret I’v never been unemployed and probably work until I’m 75 

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s it, nearly getting there. You just have to stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

Some day you can be a box office poster like me.

You just have to stop repeatedly trying to stop me repeatedly complaining about our repeatedly inept disorganised/shambolic defence.

As long as the defence is as badly organised & amateur looking I shall repeatedly comment on it. Pissing you off by doing so isn’t going to change me from doing so. If anything I will take a little joy from that as an addd bonus 

• Upvote 1

since day one our issue has been midfield actually - our midfield sit close to our forwards with our full backs encourage to join them

the game plan works with energy and drive in the midfeild taking the ball away from defence. the the ball is cleared by then and land with our defence with time to move it forward. if our midield  doesnt get the ball forward enough and they loose it the opposition midfield has a straight run at our defense  

We should have  a 3 man defence of the 2 CB and Brown our midfield is sitting too deep  if brown is turned we are in trouble and I dont think it matters who our defence is  

Two weeks to sort us out 

Change and settle the defence (maybe a 3) and get the midfield passing and away from defence 

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Retired by 52 lucky you what’s the secret I’v never been unemployed and probably work until I’m 75 

A generous pimp and a resilient shite pipe?

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So did I, pretty raw & clearly needs to work on final ball but will score & create goals even whilst probably frustrating us a lot. This is why we have an option to buy I am sure, so hopefully Russel can fine tune him

It was a very decent debut, but you’re correct, he is raw and hopefully will only improve

1 hour ago, super_al said:

I thought Samuels looked very good. 

Yeah I thought do too, certainly added another option. Needs work but something to build on.

Unsurprisingly, he’s been written off already by the usual folk

Ramsay was superb.

And there ends any positive points.

Structure of the team was headscratching. Surely any decent journo asks Glass about why he played so many midfielders inc one who wants away?

We all wanted a change in manager. Some of us didn’t want Glass or someone with his CV, but he’s here, we have to deal with it and expect blips along the way whilst he gains experience on the job. But playing 4 central midfielders together isn’t a blip or a mistake, it’s worryingly insane 

Ach fuck it, 2 points dropped but a two week break now and some much needed training pitch time to bed the new players in.

19 minutes ago, thurso said:

Oh come on

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You just have to stop repeatedly trying to stop me repeatedly complaining about our repeatedly inept disorganised/shambolic defence.

As long as the defence is as badly organised & amateur looking I shall repeatedly comment on it. Pissing you off by doing so isn’t going to change me from doing so. If anything I will take a little joy from that as an addd bonus 

If you are noticing me doing it then surely you realise you are repeating yourself over and over. You owe it to yourself and the rest of this forum to improve yourself as a poster.

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Invest wisely I guess.

Property is more often than not a wise way to go. Has its ups & downs but so do most things. 

Property ?

I can just see it, Heres your lease:

FKN TENANCY FKN AGREEMINT FKN NO NOISE FKN 500 FKN QUUD DEPOST FKN CORMACK FKN GLASS FKN

• Haha 1

Just in.

Thought our tactics in the first half were an embarrassment. Brown drops into defence to get the ball, Ramsay and every other midfielder and attacker standing in a straight line 50 yards up the pitch leaving the middle of the park completely open. Basically a 4-0-6 formation. That’s pretty pathetic stuff, you can watch 10 year old school kids playing in a better shape than that.

Much improved second half when we tried to keep players in midfield, created a lot of opportunities that on another day we’d have scored. Some of the last ditch County defending today was great. But I’ve said it before we can’t keep handing teams the first 45 mins before we start playing. Glass needs to sort that out. 

The lad Samuels is going to frustrate us I reckon. Looked good but lacks any end product. Thought Gallagher was really poor in the first half but McCrorie one of our better performers.