Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

Just what I quoted. Would have liked him to affect the game in a more positive way from central midfield.

In a way tho i kind of agree with him as thought he didn't have the best of debuts with the exception of his ball lofted through for Samuels in the 1st half. Still harsh to criticise him when generally it was a poor team performance. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why is it criticism always has to be “pant pishing”? 

Some if it is OTT, some of it is 100% justifiable.

Not beating the worst team in the league arguably, at home, deserves criticism 

Ross County were much better than Livingston. Livingston are the worst team in the league.

A frustrating result today but considering we were all berating McInnes' team for not creating chances and pushing for wins now we have fans complaining we are not defensive enough.

This is going to be a transitional season. Today's starting eleven only had THREE of McInnes' regulars in Lewis, McCrorie and Ferguson (I'm discounting Ojo as he had been punted to Wigan).

There will be more performances and results like today unfortunately

22 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Yeah, it’s like he’s trying to protect his passing stats sometimes. He had a couple today that could have gone forward first time

His passing stats ?

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Give him a break, he’s been schooled for the best part of his formative years by McInnes to prefer ball retention and be cautious.

Glass will get it through to him to be more positive

Correct

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Ross County were much better than Livingston. Livingston are the worst team in the league.

A frustrating result today but considering we were all berating McInnes' team for not creating chances and pushing for wins now we have fans complaining we are not defensive enough.

This is going to be a transitional season. Today's starting eleven only had THREE of McInnes' regulars in Lewis, McCrorie and Ferguson (I'm discounting Ojo as he had been punted to Wigan).

Another sensible post 

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Not a case of not being defensive enough at all. It’s more a case of that the defence looks completely lost/disorganised when called upon. 
That team having a solid defence would be awesome to watch as we could relax a bit more when the opposition do get the ball but that isn’t the case right now as every counter attack puts the fear in us ?

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Yes they were, Ramirez’s was maybe a wee bit harder. They also had a last a last ditch saving header. 

Last ditch saving header or not, it certainly wasn't a sitter. The fact is they created the clearest opportunities outwith either goal when they went past the keeper and the time the guy was clear and shot tamely at Lewis. They should also have scored prior to the opener. We were largely relying on panic at corners and flashing the ball hopefully across the box. They were happy to sit back and watch a team have as much of the ball as they wanted as they were bereft of any level of creativity. 

21 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Give him a break, he’s been schooled for the best part of his formative years by McInnes to prefer ball retention and be cautious.

Glass will get it through to him to be more positive

I think he looked nervy today.  His confidence might have taken a hit or maybe because he was at left back. 

A loan would be good for Dean at this point as he'll struggle to get any games in midfield just now. I'd get him out on loan now rather than filling in at left back every now and again for the next 6 months. 

37 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Interesting that Glass had a little dig at Longstaff in his post match interview on redtv. I’d be a lot more positive about the next matches if Glass had verbalised the actual problems of the last 5 games and not expect a new loan signing to “affect the game more in a positive way”. Our problems are all to do with our shape, tactics and movement, and much less to do with individuals. Imo.

8 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Last ditch saving header or not, it certainly wasn't a sitter. The fact is they created the clearest opportunities outwith either goal when they went past the keeper and the time the guy was clear and shot tamely at Lewis. They should also have scored prior to the opener. We were largely relying on panic at corners and flashing the ball hopefully across the box. They were happy to sit back and watch a team have as much of the ball as they wanted as they were bereft of any level of creativity. 

The last ditch header wasn’t the Ramirez chance I was meaning. But I think that’s rubbish thought we controlled the game until they scored. Then after they caught us on the break. Yes they had a very good chance when Ramsay cleared off the line but didn’t do an awful lot less. I think the stars back that up Although 24 shots only 6 on target is pretty poor I will admit.  

25 minutes ago, OddJob said:

In a way tho i kind of agree with him as thought he didn't have the best of debuts with the exception of his ball lofted through for Samuels in the 1st half. Still harsh to criticise him when generally it was a poor team performance. 

If he did single him out for criticism, that is totally unacceptable from a so-called professonal manager. If the criticism was justified, then it should be delivered on a one to one basis behind closed doors. To start off like that in his first game is appalling. If that is an example of the Glass management style, then it doesnt look good for the future.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

The last ditch header wasn’t the Ramirez chance I was meaning. But I think that’s rubbish thought we controlled the game until they scored. Then after they caught us on the break. Yes they had a very good chance when Ramsay cleared off the line but didn’t do an awful lot less. I think the stars back that up Although 24 shots only 6 on target is pretty poor I will admit.  

Our defence should be disgusted with themselves that of 6 shots County managed (with only 25% possession) our keeper had to save 3, our RB had to clear one off line & the keeper let one in.

You have to ask what exactly our defence is doing with stats like that. Not as if they limited them to mostly shots off target as only one missed target. 
problems at both ends but for me the biggest worry is indeed our defensive frailties & disorganisation in general. Every attack puts fear in them/us. 
Little if any faith in them 

3 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

If he did single him out for criticism, that is totally unacceptable from a so-called professonal manager. If the criticism was justified, then it should be delivered on a one to one basis behind closed doors. To start off like that in his first game is appalling. If that is an example of the Glass management style, then it doesnt look good for the future.

An absolute serpent of a poster. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

lol good post up until the bit in bold.  He was fucking hopeless and at fault yet again for us conceding a goal.

Ramsay was head and shoulders above every player on the pitch, unreal prospect.  Hope we are working on a contract extension.

Ramirez was poor today goal apart.  Was on fire before being dropped to the bench against Raith which is poor management imo.  If a striker is in form he should be playing every game.

Ferguson disinterested yet again, hopefully he fucks off this week.  

I didn’t see who was at fault clearly from where I was, if it was McCrorie then fair enough, but it looked like it was the defence as a whole. Other than that, I thought he played well. Won most of his headers, was getting stuck into tackles and winning most of them and willing to take one for the team late on when he made sure he was wiping out the boy on a counter attack.

Agree on Ramirez and Fergie. Ramirez should have had another goal when the ball got caught up in his feet 6 yards out, and Fergie should have been subbed instead of Longstaff. 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Our defence should be disgusted with themselves that of 6 shots County managed (with only 25% possession) our keeper had to save 3, our RB had to clear one off line & the keeper let one in.

You have to ask what exactly our defence is doing with stats like that. Not as if they limited them to mostly shots off target as only one missed target. 
problems at both ends but for me the biggest worry is indeed our defensive frailties & disorganisation in general. Every attack puts fear in them/us. 
Little if any faith in them 

Every attack someone has against aberdeen put the fear in me but that’s probably because most of the time I’v been supporting Aberdeen our defence hasn’t been that good 

I thought our possession was mostly good, we play with a purpose to move the ball to find the space we need. 

Where it falls down is starting Campbell, ojo, ferguson, Longstaff and brown, 5 centre mids. 

They have absolutely no pace between them. We seem to have recruited a lot of players but have no plan as to how we intend to use them. 

Defensively we look steady for the majority but then the chances other teams create are total sitters. 

I also think we need to go long more but also improve on second balls, we never seem to win second balls. 

I'm probably just repeating what others have said but feel we aren't far away and we have a kind fixture list after break do need do make most of it. 

25 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

But we're still not creating any decent chances!!!! 

Did we watch the same game? Several golden chances including open goals for Ojo and Ramirez, but they weren’t able to finish. not easy chances, but chances a winning team finishes. 
not to mention the several half chances throughout second 45. Could’ve easily scored 3 or 4 on a different day.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, RUL said:

I thought our possession was mostly good, we play with a purpose to move the ball to find the space we need. 

Where it falls down is starting Campbell, ojo, ferguson, Longstaff and brown, 5 centre mids. 

They have absolutely no pace between them. We seem to have recruited a lot of players but have no plan as to how we intend to use them. 

Defensively we look steady for the majority but then the chances other teams create are total sitters. 

I also think we need to go long more but also improve on second balls, we never seem to win second balls. 

I'm probably just repeating what others have said but feel we aren't far away and we have a kind fixture list after break do need do make most of it. 

The pace that Samuels offers makes the long, shaped ball out wide a must now, totally gets a defence turning and panicking.

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

In any case a striker should be burying it.  Also his balls into the box, rendered his impressive wing play redundant. 

Other than Brown, I'm concerned with the quality of signings

Well all these new signings will need time to gel.

• Upvote 2

Some slack for the coaching team and the side....

- We've just came through a 6 week period where we've had to play twice a week, travel overseas 3 times during that (one an 7 hour flight), with a basic squad depth and some injuries thrown in as well.

- Lack of proper coaching and analysis of tactics due to rest and recuperation/prep for next games coming thick and fast. Not easy to adjust to obvious problems without a decent amount of time to spend on training pitch.

However, a wee bit of a learning lesson from today's game as that was probably not what I expected to be watching for long periods.

- Probably a bit of a gamble to throw Longstaff in. I don't know what McGeouch has done to piss off Glass, but there was a huge gap in midfield today with his name written all over it. Someone to put their foot on the ball and calm things down. Instead, we bypassed midfield with a thirst for playing it out wide. Our width came from our 18yr old full back. Good, but not TAA or Robertson-esque.

- Samuels looks decent, but at home, to Dross County, this was screaming for a Watkins/Jet/Ramirez front three with Ojo/Brown/Ferguson in midfield. Ramirez left isolated on his own for large chunks of the game. And disappointingly, for the majority of the 2nd half, we never tried ti adjust and the players looked devoid of ideas.

- Assume McKenzie was injured and not to be risked, but Campbell looked like the player who drew much criticism from some of his games last season.

Anyway, if you had suggested 7 points from our first 4 games as a likely outcome, I don't think too many would have argued. The Livi game should have been a point and today shoud have been 3, so the two even themselves out in my view.

A bit of a rest now and get back to basics at Cormack park. We've lost our shape, our definition of how we want to play and dare I say it, our mojo.

37 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Did we watch the same game? Several golden chances including open goals for Ojo and Ramirez, but they weren’t able to finish. not easy chances, but chances a winning team finishes. 
not to mention the several half chances throughout second 45. Could’ve easily scored 3 or 4 on a different day.

Ojo should have scored, but Ramirez was marginally in front of the ball after the keeper saved which made it a difficult chance to put away.

One of those days.

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

In any case a striker should be burying it.  Also his balls into the box, rendered his impressive wing play redundant. 

Other than Brown, I'm concerned with the quality of signings

I think we have a pretty strong squad if im honest but the 1 thing it lacks is creativity. We rely largely on Ramsey for this which isn't good enough. The other thing im worried about is the defence but im hopeful with addition of bates and a settled side we can get better. We have alot of very similar cm"s and if Bates comes in for McCrorie he's another that will get pushed into midfield. Desperately need a ball carrier. I seen enough of Samuel today that makes me think he could be a useful addition and certainly not the worst player I've ever seen that the Bradford fans alluded too. I think real judgment should start after international break once we have a settled team.