Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

1 hour ago, ollie1903 said:

I couldn't really give a fuck what people say online, because let's be honest, the vast majority don't have the first clue about the subject they're talking about.

So critique away. But to say Campbell was in any way to blame for their goal today stinks, and just makes you sound like the very kind of person I mention above. 

He is. 

We have to start picking up points and wins or Hibs will pull ahead of us

The management  needs to get the new guys inducted quickly

On paper we have a good squad but it matters on the pitch a draw at home against Ross County is not acceptable 

Hopefully the squad has a both a few days off after a hectic start and travel and also knuckle down in training

6 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

On paper we have a good squad but it matters on the pitch a draw at home against Ross County is not acceptable 

Hopefully the squad has a both a few days off after a hectic start and travel and also knuckle down in training

The advantage Hibs have is that they have a relatively settled squad with little changes from last season (so far, today/tomorrow could change that), have added to that squad and are in form. 

By and large we've brought good players in I feel, so hopefully the best part of a fortnight on the training pitch will reap rewards. Guess we'll find out at Motherwell. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Millertime said:

If I'm wrong and do not know enough tactically, I'll hold my hands up

Explain to me why, with Charles cook being marked by campbell... for him to be putting County up 6 seconds later isn't his fault?

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

No idea, I'm a football fan, not a master tactician

From my perspective, if he stayed on cook who he was with initially, cook wouldn't have scored. Campbells attempt to stop the first shot had no effect anyway,  so he may as well have stayed with cook 

If I'm wrong I'm wrong

You are wrong.

The root cause following the poor clearance by McCrorie, was because Brown didn't follow his marker and allowed him to be free in the box.

Matty Longstaff was close as well, but he was covering the guy that had drifted in from the left wing (might have been Cochrane)

7 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Just compare our squads. Aside from Boyle, Nisbett and the much hyped Doig I'm not concerned by what Hibs are up to. I think the international break has come at the right time for us allowing the new players to settle, Glass to work with the team tactically and the players get a much needed rest. 

Controversial opinion but I'm actually glad we are no longer competing in Europe. We've played 2 games a week for the past 6 weeks. Its had a negative affect on our domestic form. It certainly played it roles in our loss to Raith and dropped points against Hearts and yesterday against Ross County.

Hibs have already dropped points against Dundee and will against other teams this season. We just need to focus on ourselves. We are a good side and we'll bounce back. No need to wet the bed yet.

I don't feel it was Dean Campbell's fault for the goal but rather the entire team.Campbell was ok yesterday and the criticism is unjust IMO. Ross County were poor but still managed to forge some of the best chances in the game. The team just looked shattered. Ojo really struggled as did Brown.

Ramsay and Samuels really caught the eye. 

That was the best performance I've seen from Joe Lewis in sometime.

6 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Just compare our squads. Aside from Boyle, Nisbett and the much hyped Doig I'm not concerned by what Hibs are up to. I think the international break has come at the right time for us allowing the new players to settle, Glass to work with the team tactically and the players get a much needed rest. 

Controversial opinion but I'm actually glad we are no longer competing in Europe. We've played 2 games a week for the past 6 weeks. Its had a negative affect on our domestic form. It certainly played it roles in our loss to Raith and dropped points against Hearts and yesterday against Ross County.

Hibs have already dropped points against Dundee and will against other teams this season. We just need to focus on ourselves. We are a good side and we'll bounce back. No need to wet the bed yet.

Absolutely, one thing I picked up is that the squad have not had much opportunity to work on things between the games. Much more focus has been on the recovery and Glass was looking forward to being able to prepare a bit more in the upcoming games

13 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

No offence, but heard that sort of thing so many times over the years, and it's just a soundbite to kick the can of criticism down the road. He needs two windows is another one. 

It’s not, players need to settle and learn how their teammates operate. 

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

As I said, I praised Campbell last week, so zero agenda

And my tone has changed because its the boys dad, yeah, absolutely 

My opinion hasn't though 

It's the human element of it all, its not overly nice or pleasant.

I held off on commenting on anything Campbell did, good or bad up until last season by which point I deemed him not a youngster anymore 

It’s almost as if you just post things for attention and when called out you’re an absolute coward ??‍♂️

As for Campbell I’ve been a long time critic but I would like to see him get a chance in midfield and try to create things.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s not, players need to settle and learn how their teammates operate. 

It’s almost as if you just post things for attention and when called out you’re an absolute coward ??‍♂️

As for Campbell I’ve been a long time critic but I would like to see him get a chance in midfield and try to create things.

We need our midfield to take it on the half turn and play forward.

Far too often we play it the way we are facing, which inevitably meant backwards to defence / Lewis before being passed across.

Campbell is neat and tidy, but he is a player that would be good for recycling the ball, but we seem to have a lot of them at the moment, where we only need 1.

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Far too often we play it the way we are facing, which inevitably meant backwards to defence / Lewis before being passed across.

Campbell is neat and tidy, but he is a player that would be good for recycling the ball, but we seem to have a lot of them at the moment, where we only need 1.

Its not even just the midfielders, ramirez came short and then randomly blasted the ball 30 yards to mccrorie, whilst under absolutely no pressure at all. 

Im absolutely baffled about us signing Longstaff. Doesn't seem a different way of playing than any of our other midfielders. We need some creativity, goals and pace from midfield. I don't think Campbell, brown, ojo, mcgeouch, ferguson or Longstaff look like being that player 

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

See I think Campbell would be better at getting the ball wide or a final ball through to someone with some accuracy. I agree with what you are saying to an extent, I just think we should try all our options as it’s currently not working.

A point against County is a terrible result, they are fucking horrific. A side that will be relegation fodder come end of the season.

However that late Ramirez goal hid what was a losers performance both attack and defence.

With all our midfielders on we kept the ball well in the middle, which shows that our only decent stat was in possession. Great.

Ross County are a horrible wee diddy team.  The amount of time wasting and feigning injury was embarrassing from a top league side. 

Safe to say I've already decided what team I want relegated this season. (i think they'll do ok, they looked quite dangerous going forward, but that could be more down to us giving them acres of space to play in) 

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

If I'm wrong and do not know enough tactically, I'll hold my hands up

Explain to me why, with Charles cook being marked by campbell... for him to be putting County up 6 seconds later isn't his fault?

Far too simplistic of thought.

I guess you’d prefer for Campbell to not try and cover for Brown not marking his man (Harry Paton)

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

See I think Campbell would be better at getting the ball wide or a final ball through to someone with some accuracy. I agree with what you are saying to an extent, I just think we should try all our options as it’s currently not working.

We only need 1 midfielder for that role, which will be Brown. The other midfielders need to be breaking the lines and looking to turn and get at them.

For me Campbell might do well to learn from and ultimately replace Brown, but we’re too slow in our play and need to just have the 1 midfielder picking up and recycling the ball at any given time.

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We only need 1 midfielder for that role, which will be Brown. The other midfielders need to be breaking the lines and looking to turn and get at them.

For me Campbell might do well to learn from and ultimately replace Brown, but we’re too slow in our play and need to just have the 1 midfielder picking up and recycling the ball at any given time.

If we keep Longstaff, Brown and Ferguson (and McGeouch & Ojo!) I think it's time for Campbell to go on loan.

Think it's been about 3 or 4 years since his debut and he's still yet to fully break through.  Just think at his age, a season on loan, where he's playing week in., week out, could push him on to that next level.  At 20 y/o you should be playing every week!

10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not sure any of the defence/goalie are guilt free on the goal. shambolic

I’ve pretty much lost faith in Lewis and think he’s become a liability rather than an asset. But I can’t see how he was at fault in any way for the County goal. 

Extremely harsh and/or just plain ignorant to blame Campbell , unless defenders are expected to focus only on the opponent they’re marking , even if it means letting another opponent having a free shot at goal from about the penalty spot. 

McRorie was the most at fault for the absolutely feckless attempt to clear the cross ....succeeded only in teeing the ball up perfectly for the County player to shoot from the penalty spot.

And Longstaffe also culpable for either (a)not having the nous to sense the danger posed by the County lad who had the first shot or (b) doing fuck all about it if he did sense the danger 

And Ramsay could have done more to try to stop the cross coming in

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

If we keep Longstaff, Brown and Ferguson (and McGeouch & Ojo!) I think it's time for Campbell to go on loan.

Think it's been about 3 or 4 years since his debut and he's still yet to fully break through.  Just think at his age, a season on loan, where he's playing week in., week out, could push him on to that next level.  At 20 y/o you should be playing every week!

McGeouch another neat and tidy midfielder, unfortunately didn’t show enough when Brown was rested and should probably be moved on if we can.

1 minute ago, redone said:

And Longstaffe also culpable for either (a)not having the nous to sense the danger posed by the County lad who had the first shot or (b) doing fuck all about it if he did sense the danger 

That was Brown’s man.

Longstaff was covering the player outside the box (can’t recall if it was Callaghan or Spittal

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It was Browns man originally but not sure anyone else can be blamed considering one of our players forgot how to kick a football properly. Horrendous attempt at a clearance. He’s a bomb scare at centre half.

Agreed, not taking anything away from McCrorie should have dealt better with it initially.

Our discussion was somebody blaming Campbell and taking it back a stage earlier to the player being free in the box for the initial shot.