Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

McCrorie was the main culprit.

Agreed- never a centre half as efforts at the huns and portsmouth have already showed. We are short just now so there as an emergency is "ok" and mistakes can happen with someone playing in the wrong position - it would however appear that we were trying to make him a centre half; trying to save cash would be a reasonable guess, rather than getting someone earlier who can manifestly do the job when we were already paper thin (and probably preferable to AFC coaching thinking they are better at coaching/assessing players than either of the other two teams who drew a clear conclusion he shouldn't play there).

We controlled most of the game but didn't have any sort of spark. Samuels looks good but can hardly expect him to do it on his own on his debut. Ramirez yet again completely isolated. What does Glass expect? He needs a partner up there. Like the look fo Longstaff but do we really need Brown, Ferguson and him starting in these sorts of games? Another attacker would be better. 

I think we need to give the team time to gel but between now and end of the end of the first run of games need to start seeing some improvements. Hibs for example make light work of these sorts of games. 

9 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

We controlled most of the game but didn't have any sort of spark. Samuels looks good but can hardly expect him to do it on his own on his debut. Ramirez yet again completely isolated. What does Glass expect? He needs a partner up there. Like the look fo Longstaff but do we really need Brown, Ferguson and him starting in these sorts of games? Another attacker would be better. 

I think we need to give the team time to gel but between now and end of the end of the first run of games need to start seeing some improvements. Hibs for example make light work of these sorts of games. 

Hibs drew with Dundee week before, lucky to get a draw at that and weren't great v livi by all accounts first half. 

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

See I think Campbell would be better at getting the ball wide or a final ball through to someone with some accuracy. I agree with what you are saying to an extent, I just think we should try all our options as it’s currently not working.

Agreed.  He pinged a lovely diagonal ball in for Ferguson yesterday.  He's definitely got it in his locker.

20 minutes ago, NEM said:

Agreed.  He pinged a lovely diagonal ball in for Ferguson yesterday.  He's definitely got it in his locker.

Campbell is suffering from being in and out of the team .

Lack of confidence

He is capable of a lot more positive play than he shows.

Just needs a run of games .

10 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Campbell is suffering from being in and out of the team .

Lack of confidence

He is capable of a lot more positive play than he shows.

Just needs a run of games .

Completely agree. But is he going to get that run of games here? We’ve been asking this question for the last couple of years… 

18 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I seriously can’t believe he’s watched that, clearly more than once, and can’t see that Deano had to try and close the shot down. I suppose given who it is I shouldn’t be surprised. The fud seems to think he’s the forum’s Piers Morgan ? 

The highlights from behind the goal shows he got nowhere near blocking it, however it probably does impact the striker to play it straight at Lewis instead of picking the corner

18 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Not overly concerned. Lots of bedwetting for no reason. We'll bounce back. New signings need time to adjust to the system Glass wishes to deploy. The international break has come at a good time. We are a good side just need time to settle and a break.

I don't think anyone is bedwetting.  There are just some strange trends developing.

What do you think the system is because I'm a little confused by it?  We fielded 6 central midfielders (by trade) in various positions yesterday yet, like in many games this season, we emptied the midfield regularly and surrendered it to the opposition on the breakaway.  something isn't right there surely?

And, despite having an excess of central midfielders of a particular type, we have signed 3 more this summer, none of which appear to be able to fill a central attacking midfield role effectively. What's going on there?

And we seem to only have one recognised centre forward in the squad despite this being probably our biggest issue last season. 1 striker out of 11 signings? What's the thinking behind that?

Questions which I am genuinely baffled by but no-one seems to be worried about.  Have we actually signed the right type of players for the system which we intend to deploy?  

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think anyone is bedwetting.  There are just some strange trends developing.

What do you think the system is because I'm a little confused by it?  We fielded 6 central midfielders (by trade) in various positions yesterday yet, like in many games this season, we emptied the midfield regularly and surrendered it to the opposition on the breakaway.  something isn't right there surely?

And, despite having an excess of central midfielders of a particular type, we have signed 3 more this summer, none of which appear to be able to fill a central attacking midfield role effectively. What's going on there?

And we seem to only have one recognised centre forward in the squad despite this being probably our biggest issue last season. 1 striker out of 11 signings? What's the thinking behind that?

Questions which I am genuinely baffled by but no-one seems to be worried about.  Have we actually signed the right type of players for the system which we intend to deploy?  

Its difficult for us as fans to know. If the intention is to play 433, but only play one striker, then even if ramirez got injured we've players who could play up front so it's not a huge issue and he obviously intends to play ramirez every game. 

For me more an issue is the random use of 3 midfielders who completely lack any pace or creativity. Longstaff looked identical to ferguson. An absolutely baffling signing....surely ferguson is leaving. 

46 minutes ago, RUL said:

Its difficult for us as fans to know. If the intention is to play 433, but only play one striker, then even if ramirez got injured we've players who could play up front so it's not a huge issue and he obviously intends to play ramirez every game. 

For me more an issue is the random use of 3 midfielders who completely lack any pace or creativity. Longstaff looked identical to ferguson. An absolutely baffling signing....surely ferguson is leaving. 

Agree. The midfielders we have are very similar.

We could easily offload a couple of them & sign a “different” type. 

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha for what it's worth, I'm fucked if I do here and fucked if I don't. You probably don't care either way but here goes

If I stick with my initial assessment,  I'd be lying if I admit I was wrong I'll get accused of "shitting it".

I'll do the right thing though, having watched it on sportscene, I was wrong

Brown or longstaff lost the runner which made the space, so I was daft blaming Campbell and I'll do the right thing and apologise 

I don't necessarily blame mccrorie either as it was an awkward ball to hit; longstaff or brown take the blame in my view

It was an awkward ball but mccrorie should have dealt with it better I think. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha for what it's worth, I'm fucked if I do here and fucked if I don't. You probably don't care either way but here goes

If I stick with my initial assessment,  I'd be lying if I admit I was wrong I'll get accused of "shitting it".

Brown or longstaff lost the runner which made the space, so I was daft blaming Campbell and I'll do the right thing and apologise 

I don't necessarily blame mccrorie either as it was an awkward ball to hit; longstaff or brown take the blame in my view

Fair play 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

You feeling alright? Fucking hell. Never thought I’d see the day.

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

In my defence I was caught between a rock and a hard place

The fact I was raging last night meant I chose to double down on it 

Now that I'm calmer, I've admitted I was wrong

The problem isn't a conscious thing, I genuinely wake up a day later and can disagree with my own viewpoints from the previous day. It all completely hinges on how I'm feeling 

Maybe you shouldn’t be so cynical towards other people when you admit you make mistakes yourself? 

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Fucking shitted it!!!!

10 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good post. And baffled is probably the right word. Concerned but not alarmed. Will be interesting to see how it all transpires. At least it’s much more interesting this season.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Good man, have a +1

It was Brown incidentally that let his man

4 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

Good post. And baffled is probably the right word. Concerned but not alarmed. Will be interesting to see how it all transpires. At least it’s much more interesting this season.

What Glass still has in his favour (just) is we’re still seeing options.  We’re choosing to put square pegs in round holes and trying stuff as opposed to having to because we simply don’t have the personnel for the relevant position (s)

Time will tell.

13 hours ago, Millertime said:

The sound of furious back-pedalling. 

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

But when you were found out to be spectacularly wrong about Scott brown you considered it to be being man enough to admit when you’re wrong? 

I didn’t say anything about being “man enough”, I said I’m happy to be proven wrong. Millermong decided to post negatively about Campbell as he knows it gets a rise from people, Campbell’s dad got involved and Millermong realised he would become even more unpopular if he kept at it so decided to make a drastic u-turn.

But thanks for playing anyway champ(s).

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

I didn’t say anything about being “man enough”, I said I’m happy to be proven wrong. Millermong decided to post negatively about Campbell as he knows it gets a rise from people, Campbell’s dad got involved and Millermong realised he would become even more unpopular if he kept at it so decided to make a drastic u-turn.

But thanks for playing anyway champ(s).

BHL in making a cunt of it again shock horror 

• Upvote 2