Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

Ramirez, as suspected, is limited... but the guy puts in some fucking shift.  Right after his goal he was back to break up a County attack on the edge of our box, then tearing back upfield to get into position for our subsequent attack, and right after that he's fighting two defenders and the keeper to create himself another chance. 

I lost count of the number of attacks that broke down simply because we lack the ability to string passes together, and the amount of times Ojo was in that mix tells you he might... just might... be the weakest fucking link. 

I'm rooting for Glass, but scraping draws against an abysmal ross County at home isn't a terrific sign. 

I'm going to assume our players were tired. 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Correct

Not even half a season ?

there’s been huge changes at the club in personnel and management and they are still finding their feet, it takes time to bed new players in and unlearn all the shit the remaining players learnt under McInnes

Yes it’s shit not to win but we have the worst fans in Scotland. We wanted change, we got change and now people are losing their minds and it’s not even September yet.

Absolutely  ?%

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

At least it took your mind off the centre backs. 

Plenty of other areas to focus on now min. 

Not really. They had 6 fkn shots on goal, 5 of which Lewis had to save & the other was a Ramsay goal line clearance. Those defensive stats are disgusting. Especially from a team that only had 25% possession. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not really. They had 6 fkn shots on goal, 5 of which Lewis had to save & the other was a Ramsay goal line clearance. Those defensive stats are disgusting. Especially from a team that only had 25% possession. 

I was joking min. 

Apart from at right back we looked shambolic. 

If you weren't an Aberdeen fan you'd be pissing yourself laughing watching us in that game. 

• Upvote 1

Really not a good game at all. They could easily have had 3 goals.  We do not have a organized defence. at all, and also now getting very slow in getting the ball up the park. Taking 5 passes when 2 might break open the opposition defence.

I am not to sure about Glass. I felt that starting young Samuels was a bad decision,,better use is speed in the last 15 minutes against a tiring defence, McCrorie is not gonna make it as a CH. Gallagher is not the player i though he was, almost as bad as Ash Taylor. Hope Bates is better.

Ramsay is not going to be long at our club. Loon has a very bright future.

Want really that impressed with Longstaff after a promising first 10 minutes.

Just getting the feeling that Glass is out of his depth and Brown is not experienced enough to help him. THink he needed an older/experienced  coach to help him out.

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass surely knew better than the rest of us that he was headed into the season with nowhere near enough cover in the middle of defence, and any serious injury to... for example... Andy Considine, would leave us in desperate shape at the back. 

But he chose not to address that, and now every time a team attacks us our arse falls out at the back. 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

& I have repeatedly said I am deli Overall but that doesn’t mean we just ignore the fkn bad points. 
You think just because McInnes is gone everything should just be joyous now?

Glass has zero idea about any kind of defensive cohesion or organisation clearly. Looks like all he has focused on in middle to attack with zero work done at back. If it wasn’t for the blessing of Ramsay & Mackenzie giving us a wee lift in our back line feelings for future then a fk load more people would be slaughtering Glass for that shambles back there

But it’s just the same tired and tedious negative pish you post over and over again. It’s like you have the most miserable, joyless life and are manifesting it on here.

You dont think it should be joyous because McInnes left? Do you want him back? Or do you want us to try something different that gets given more than a month or two to work?

I recall a lot of posters saying they would be prepared for a season of ups and downs but by Christ some people take a draw so badly.

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc
Just now, Oregon Red said:

Really not a good game at all

I thought it was quite entertaining. Two teams of a similar standard going toe to toe. County had a couple of players that would improve the Dons considerably, the lad Harry Clark in particular. Paton covered every blade of grass too. International break coming at the right time for the Dons, whose defence is completely rubbish.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Piss poor result. I don't get the thinking between starting both Longstaff and Ferguson. Very similar players and it quite simply never fucking worked  defence still a mess. Samuels looked ok. Very quick but is he the answer? Doubtful. We've had to rely on 2 keeper howlers in the last 3 league games. 24 shots at goal apparently and 6 on target. We miss Hedges badly and we need to sign a creative player imo. Won't happen with 2 days left of the window but we are in for many more results like that over the course of the season. Ross County figured us out with relative ease which should set alarm bells ringing. Ojo out wide? ?

I thought Longstaff had a decent first 15 minutes then totally disappeared.

But from what I did see, it was Brown rather than Ferguson that he was similar to.

If Ferguson departs then we may see Longstaff deployed further forward and be more of an influence. At least we now have a fortnight for Glass to work on integrating the new players, although it wouldn't surprise me if he gives the whole team the first week off

I mean we were pumped 4-1 at home from county under McInnes but hey ho.

Oh ok. So this is ok now because we lost a previous game with a depressing manager 4-1.

That means all results any/slightly better against them at home with new managers are acceptable? Is that how you judge things? 

Your acceptance is of a mid table at best team if that is the case

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was joking min. 

Apart from at right back we looked shambolic. 

If you weren't an Aberdeen fan you'd be pissing yourself laughing watching us in that game. 

That is true. Shambles all over.

Normally some would look at those stats & say that oooh when they click someone is going to get a real hiding. Problem is we also look very much a team that will see some hidings ourselves. Complete mess. 

Who does Glass have working on our defensive side of things? Because it genuinely looks like it has been completely forgotten about.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

One positive today was that I got to see Campbell playing some really good passes, he has to be given a chance in the midfield I think.

The diagonal switch to Ramsay mid way through the second half was a beauty.

A lot of our fans are daft, get carried away with a decent result then when it's not a good result it's the end of the world, every cunt needs to chill out.  Plenty of positives to take from today, we created a lot of chances, on another day we beat them with ease.  Ramsay continues to progress, unreal shift from him with a lot of good balls in the box too which is a great outlet for us to have.  Thought that McCrorie and Gallagher looked a bit better in the second half, still not 100% comfortable but it was an improvement on the first half from them.

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Oh ok. So this is ok now because we lost a previous game with a depressing manager 4-1.

That means all results any/slightly better against them at home with new managers are acceptable? Is that how you judge things? 

Your acceptance is of a mid table at best team if that is the case

It went right over your head but yeah, if we finished mid-table I genuinely wouldn’t be bothered. We are in the middle of change, a lot of things can and will go wrong before we get where we want to be. You seem to be unable to embrace change, try freeing yourself from your negative mindset.

Draw probably a fair result on the whole. We huffed and puffed but we have no one unlocking defences or getting on the end of balls into the box. Not seeing much impact from out high profile striking coach so far.. 

Ojo had his worst game since his mini renaissance. Was back to running around with not much clue. 

We are so bad defensively it's scary. As soon as we equalised and County started putting men forward, there were massive gaps at the back. 

One positive today was that I got to see Campbell playing some really good passes, he has to be given a chance in the midfield I think.

Might as well throw another central midfielder in there. Maybe we’ll find someone that can talk to the central defenders & remind them how to play behind a midfield 

3 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I almost bought some snake oil from a man who has been in America. I'm glad I didn't as it could be poisonous

And you’re a dickless piece of shit that only crawls out from under your rock when we have a bad result ??‍♂️

Just now, minijc said:

The diagonal switch to Ramsay mid way through the second half was a beauty.

A lot of our fans are daft, get carried away with a decent result then when it's not a good result it's the end of the world, every cunt needs to chill out.  Plenty of positives to take from today, we created a lot of chances, on another day we beat them with ease.  Ramsay continues to progress, unreal shift from him with a lot of good balls in the box too which is a great outlet for us to have.  Thought that McCrorie and Gallagher looked a bit better in the second half, still not 100% comfortable but it was an improvement on the first half from them.

Yes, absolutely. that diagonal was the kind of thing we were seeing from the opposition in the European games. Has to be given a chance in midfield to try and create things.

Controversial but I would drop Brown and put Campbell in with Ferguson and Longstaff.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought Longstaff had a decent first 15 minutes then totally disappeared.

He maybe got a call from Gareth Southgate after 15 minutes. Who said he was on the fringes of the England squad? Bit of an oversell there. 

Some nice touches but didn't exactly put a shift in.  A couple of daft passes inside when he should have went outside. 

At least he has the basic technical ability to have more to come as he gets fitter.