Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No wonder with the way he was treated in the last transfer window though 

I was rigjy behind glass at the start  , now starting to hate him

Anyone who rates ojo as highly as he does hasn't got a clue

Ojo played every bit like the guy who was going to retire a few months ago 

And you’re just a total fucking idiot. A shite-talking idiot.

Bought a season ticket purely to try and get respect on here. Tragic.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Oh come on

If you are noticing me doing it then surely you realise you are repeating yourself over and over. You owe it to yourself and the rest of this forum to improve yourself as a poster.

Property ?

I can just see it, Heres your lease:

FKN TENANCY FKN AGREEMINT FKN NO NOISE FKN 500 FKN QUUD DEPOST FKN CORMACK FKN GLASS FKN

Not hard to notice when I look at my notifications & 90% are from you complaining that I am repeatedly complaining about our defensive set up. Even though you add in other complaints about me complaining that I haven’t been complaining about ? I think you will find that you are the un observant one in all this. Blinkered even to an ironic extreme 

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It was a very decent debut, but you’re correct, he is raw and hopefully will only improve

Given our current striker's coach, he'll get the best possible chance of developing. 

We've signed 'raw' strikers in the past, and they've left much the same as they arrived, having learned, seemingly, absolutely fuck all. 

We simply must be beating county at home. Poor result for us.

County actually unlucky not to win it with that one off the line. 

Mcrorie gets pass marks, Ramsay also- although his lack of urgency trotting over to take corners as we are 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go was frustrating. 

Jury very much still out on Ramirez.

Need Hedges to stay fit really miss him.

Dean Campbell is technically a good fitba player just needs a bit of belief or confidence Seems a panicker in possession. 

Break has come at a good time for us get the new lads blooded into the group quickly. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not hard to notice when I look at my notifications & 90% are from you complaining that I am repeatedly complaining about our defensive set up. Even though you add in other complaints about me complaining that I haven’t been complaining about ? I think you will find that you are the un observant one in all this. Blinkered even to an ironic extreme 

90% of your notifications are from me? I have 93 notifications I’ve not even looked at. You have a long, long way to go to reach my level.

Just got back . Thought Samuels was very good , would like to have seen him closer to Rameriz through the middle and as others have said too many midfielders started. Conceding first made it a struggle as County were well organised . Some amount of pant pithing on here . Couple of weeks off to work on the training field and hopefully we start to click , need Hedges back 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

90% of your notifications are from me? I have 93 notifications I’ve not even looked at. You have a long, long way to go to reach my level.

I genuinely do not think I could lower myself to your levels of acceptance & happy clapping, so yes, a very long way indeed.

You are more pissed off with my complaints rgds our defence than you are with the actual problem ?

4 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Just got back . Thought Samuels was very good , would like to have seen him closer to Rameriz through the middle and as others have said too many midfielders started. Conceding first made it a struggle as County were well organised . Some amount of pant pithing on here . Couple of weeks off to work on the training field and hopefully we start to click , need Hedges back 

Unless Bates is some kind of central defensive rock that can come in & transform the others then we need to sign another CH. that said I think we need another in anyway, as we still only have two fit central defenders & I am far from convinced on Gallagher.

McRorrie should never be allowed to play in defence, whether in a central two or back three

5 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Why is it criticism always has to be “pant pishing”? 

Some if it is OTT, some of it is 100% justifiable.

Not beating the worst team in the league arguably, at home, deserves criticism 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Good post and agree. Nice to see another poster with a level head.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I genuinely do not think I could lower myself to your levels of acceptance & happy clapping, so yes, a very long way indeed.

You are more pissed off with my complaints rgds our defence than you are with the actual problem ?

I’m not pissed off at all, I’m calmer than a Hindu cow. It’s friendly advice from a box-office poster to a zero pointer. If you don’t want to take it then ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Good post and agree. Nice to see another poster with a level head.

I’m not pissed off at all, I’m calmer than a Hindu cow. It’s friendly advice from a box-office poster to a zero pointer. If you don’t want to take it then ??‍♂️

Where you pretend to see friendly advice, I see a niggling obsession & frustration with my constant reminder of the biggest flaw in our team/squad. You hate that I am repeatedly highlighting the obvious to a point of actual denial (which leads you back toward your happy place of clapping a lot at little things) 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Where you pretend to see friendly advice, I see a niggling obsession & frustration with my constant reminder of the biggest flaw in our team/squad. You hate that I am repeatedly highlighting the obvious to a point of actual denial (which leads you back toward your happy place of clapping a lot at little things) 

that’s the negativity and paranoia talking. Let go of your fear and insecurity.

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Just in.

Thought our tactics in the first half were an embarrassment. Brown drops into defence to get the ball, Ramsay and every other midfielder and attacker standing in a straight line 50 yards up the pitch leaving the middle of the park completely open. Basically a 4-0-6 formation. That’s pretty pathetic stuff, you can watch 10 year old school kids playing in a better shape than that.

Much improved second half when we tried to keep players in midfield, created a lot of opportunities that on another day we’d have scored. Some of the last ditch County defending today was great. But I’ve said it before we can’t keep handing teams the first 45 mins before we start playing. Glass needs to sort that out. 

The lad Samuels is going to frustrate us I reckon. Looked good but lacks any end product. Thought Gallagher was really poor in the first half but McCrorie one of our better performers.

lol good post up until the bit in bold.  He was fucking hopeless and at fault yet again for us conceding a goal.

Ramsay was head and shoulders above every player on the pitch, unreal prospect.  Hope we are working on a contract extension.

Ramirez was poor today goal apart.  Was on fire before being dropped to the bench against Raith which is poor management imo.  If a striker is in form he should be playing every game.

Ferguson disinterested yet again, hopefully he fucks off this week.  

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, clipping them in with a lot of height

Needs someone to attack it every time 

Should be firing some in 

Problem is it’s harder to beat the first man when you ‘fire them in’ low ?

you moaned that ‘loads of times’ he didn’t beat the first man yet now you are moaning he ‘clipped them in with a lot of height’ ?

I am not in panic mode yet. Disappointed yes but I also think we have players now that can make a difference. The one frustrating part is the slowness of build up.That is a training ground fix, a McInnes legacy and that is what Glass should be judged on. 
Ramirez is a poacher but he needs to let players know where he will be and he needs to be there, again training.

I was a bit surprised at Campbell, seemed to panic in possession and over thought passes.

fundamentally let’s learn Qarabag, quick build up, one touch and move off the ball, too many statues today

1 minute ago, TomballRed said:

I am not in panic mode yet. Disappointed yes but I also think we have players now that can make a difference. The one frustrating part is the slowness of build up.That is a training ground fix, a McInnes legacy and that is what Glass should be judged on. 
Ramirez is a poacher but he needs to let players know where he will be and he needs to be there, again training.

I was a bit surprised at Campbell, seemed to panic in possession and over thought passes.

fundamentally let’s learn Qarabag, quick build up, one touch and move off the ball, too many statues today

I don’t think its that Ramirez needs to let players know where he will be, I think he needs to tweak his own reading of where he should be for most part. Wouldn’t call him static (far from it) but his reading of play & natural positioning is nowhere near that of eg. Rooney. But he has the natural strikers instinct (like Rooney) to follow up every shot which is a bonus for sure as he proved today.

16 minutes ago, TomballRed said:

Tbf to Campbell he’s not really a left back. Make a mistake in midfield it’s usually not game-changing but a mistake at left back can lead to a goal so can understand trepidation etc.

We have the players to be an effective team, just takes a bit of time to get it right.

Interesting that Glass had a little dig at Longstaff in his post match interview on redtv. I’d be a lot more positive about the next matches if Glass had verbalised the actual problems of the last 5 games and not expect a new loan signing to “affect the game more in a positive way”. Our problems are all to do with our shape, tactics and movement, and much less to do with individuals. Imo.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Campbell has got an easy ride so far tonight and he shouldn't

He is so negative/passive it's unreal 

Yeah, it’s like he’s trying to protect his passing stats sometimes. He had a couple today that could have gone forward first time

6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Interesting that Glass had a little dig at Longstaff in his post match interview on redtv. I’d be a lot more positive about the next matches if Glass had verbalised the actual problems of the last 5 games and not expect a new loan signing to “affect the game more in a positive way”. Our problems are all to do with our shape, tactics and movement, and much less to do with individuals. Imo.

What did he say about Longstaff like?

Any strong Aberdeen team I have watched is built on strong defensive foundations. Our problem is that we do not have this at present.

The defence starts with the keeper and for me JL needs some healthy competition, we also need McRorie out of there and in midfield. Considine injury worst timing for us re: calming influence. Bates and also seeing Devlin on Red TV as a reminder we have the personnel - just threadbare right now. Gallagher will come good I feel once in settled line up, it's on SG to create that settled line up though vs tinkering.

Hopefully the break allows us to re-organise and get the back line settled as going forward from there, we have lots of options.

Longstaff today looked excellent, speed of mind and ability in passing - this didn't turn into effective play as Ferguson, Brown and himself all saw themselves as playmakers.

The view of too much possession retention ( sideways stuff) shows just how critical a player like Hedges is to travel into final third vs. pass our way there -  Ramsay became our outlet for this. Hope to fuck we keep him in this window - would not surprise me if he is being scouted already.

Frustrating game where we were clearly the better team, it will take time for the squad to gel further.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Campbell has got an easy ride so far tonight and he shouldn't

He is so negative/passive it's unreal 

Give him a break, he’s been schooled for the best part of his formative years by McInnes to prefer ball retention and be cautious.

Glass will get it through to him to be more positive