Aberdeen 1 - 1 Ross County

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

In any case a striker should be burying it.  Also his balls into the box, rendered his impressive wing play redundant. 

Other than Brown, I'm concerned with the quality of signings

I think we have a pretty strong squad if im honest but the 1 thing it lacks is creativity. We rely largely on Ramsey for this which isn't good enough. The other thing im worried about is the defence but im hopeful with addition of bates and a settled side we can get better. We have alot of very similar cm"s and if Bates comes in for McCrorie he's another that will get pushed into midfield. Desperately need a ball carrier. I seen enough of Samuel today that makes me think he could be a useful addition and certainly not the worst player I've ever seen that the Bradford fans alluded too. I think real judgment should start after international break once we have a settled team. 

15 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think we have a pretty strong squad if im honest but the 1 thing it lacks is creativity. We rely largely on Ramsey for this which isn't good enough. The other thing im worried about is the defence but im hopeful with addition of bates and a settled side we can get better. 

Thought we badly missed Hedges today. Also we need to sign a right sided winger as Ramsay could do with someone to interchange with. Ojo isn't a wide midfielder and shouldn't be played as one.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

I thought our possession was mostly good, we play with a purpose to move the ball to find the space we need. 

Where it falls down is starting Campbell, ojo, ferguson, Longstaff and brown, 5 centre mids. 

They have absolutely no pace between them. We seem to have recruited a lot of players but have no plan as to how we intend to use them. 

Defensively we look steady for the majority but then the chances other teams create are total sitters. 

I also think we need to go long more but also improve on second balls, we never seem to win second balls. 

I'm probably just repeating what others have said but feel we aren't far away and we have a kind fixture list after break do need do make most of it. 

You can add McRorrie to that list of central mids he started. There were half a dozen central mids started/playing in various positions

A sore one today. As Glass said post match these are the games at home we should be winning.

And we should have as we had enough possession and territory, but the worrying thing is that despite all that possession we are still struggling to create clear cut chances. The reliance on the width coming form the full backs is limiting us. We're also sorely lacking a midfielder who can thread a pass through a defence.

The midfield also isn't working for me. There's too many similar central midfielders on there, so for me Glass has to show a bit of ruthlessness and decide what his best 2 or 3 is and stick with it, and look to have Watkins and Hedges out wide supporting Ramirez. Appreciate Hedges is currently injured and Watkins just back in the door, but if we want to get the best out of what we've got.

The good thing for me is that we've now got 2 weeks to work with the majority of the squad on the training ground as there are a lot of new faces in the squad and it takes a while for everyone to get to know each others game. It's looked a bit disjointed of late with the constant games and no time to work on problems that they will be seeing as much as we do.

Thought Ramsey was again impressive, liked the look of Samuels, there's something there to work with. Longstaff started brightly, but faded. Was again disappointed in Ferguson, he's not doing enough for me, in truth he's not done enough for a good while. Ojo is not a wide midfielder. Defence is still leaky as fuck. Some serious coaching is required to shore that up.

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Now I’ve calmed down a bit, aye it wasn’t that bad. We should have been out of sight. We are brutal at the back though. 

That’s the short of it. Fix the issues at back between central mid to central defence & the whole team improves IMO as far less pressure on attacking players.

County played us perfectly & got some very lucky breaks in front of their own goal (as in our players struggling to hit a coos arse wi a banjo whilst holding its tail)  but were eventually undone by a mistake by keeper. 

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

A sore one today. As Glass said post match these are the games at home we should be winning.

And we should have as we had enough possession and territory, but the worrying thing is that despite all that possession we are still struggling to create clear cut chances. The reliance on the width coming form the full backs is limiting us. We're also sorely lacking a midfielder who can thread a pass through a defence.

The midfield also isn't working for me. There's too many similar central midfielders on there, so for me Glass has to show a bit of ruthlessness and decide what his best 2 or 3 is and stick with it, and look to have Watkins and Hedges out wide supporting Ramirez. Appreciate Hedges is currently injured and Watkins just back in the door, but if we want to get the best out of what we've got.

The good thing for me is that we've now got 2 weeks to work with the majority of the squad on the training ground as there are a lot of new faces in the squad and it takes a while for everyone to get to know each others game. It's looked a bit disjointed of late with the constant games and no time to work on problems that they will be seeing as much as we do.

Thought Ramsey was again impressive, liked the look of Samuels, there's something there to work with. Longstaff started brightly, but faded. Was again disappointed in Ferguson, he's not doing enough for me, in truth he's not done enough for a good while. Ojo is not a wide midfielder. Defence is still leaky as fuck. Some serious coaching is required to shore that up.

Only thing I'd say is samuels alone missed two great chances, ramirez from the rebound of Ferguson shot should have scored. Plus numerous other crosses and corners where it was scrambled away. My point is as are creating chances. 

I agree with your post about midfield. The shape isn't right for me and individuals are to similar. 

I hope ferguson is sold as I can't see how he can stay and contribute with brown, Longstaff etc. 

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

Only thing I'd say is samuels alone missed two great chances, ramirez from the rebound of Ferguson shot should have scored. Plus numerous other crosses and corners where it was scrambled away. My point is as are creating chances. 

I agree with your post about midfield. The shape isn't right for me and individuals are to similar. 

I hope Ferguson is sold as I can't see how he can stay and contribute with brown, Longstaff etc. 

I honestly think it's best he goes now.

Find a 3 that works and stick with it.

For me I'd go with McGeouch sitting and Brown and Longstaff in there too. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

No offence, but heard that sort of thing so many times over the years, and it's just a soundbite to kick the can of criticism down the road. He needs two windows is another one. 

Have you played sports? There literally is on court and on pitch chemistry that takes effort and practice (learning each other) to develop. You cant just take a player off a plane ( or a train)  and toss him on the pitch and expect chemistry. I'm not selling 2 windows. My statement was just about applying common sense.

13 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Not overly concerned. Lots of bedwetting for no reason. We'll bounce back. New signings need time to adjust to the system Glass wishes to deploy. The international break has come at a good time. We are a good side just need time to settle and a break.

One of the more normal posts in this thread

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He was far from our biggest problem today, don't get me wrong

And it might be me that's wrong, but he looks too passive to me, too safe; I like blood and thunder

It can't be nice reading anything negative about your son but he is a first team player for Aberdeen and this is a fans forum, so unfortunately,  he will be critiqued. Its absolutely nothing personal.

God knows what the McLennans think when they come on here

The McLennan's can read?

13 minutes ago, the_shrimp said:

One of the more normal posts in this thread

What happens after the break, if this side doesn’t settle and we keep getting the same old shit performance like the last 3 games.   14350 crowd today must have went home deflated again.

Then come Monday in the evening express we will get the same shit spouting from glass and the players mouths.like    (  We let the fans down but the next game you will see a different performance from us.)    Mcinnes all over again.  And all this excuses of travel and extra games is bullshit , you lot are supposed to be professional athletes and fit.   Get your arses into gear.   

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Not overly concerned. Lots of bedwetting for no reason. We'll bounce back. New signings need time to adjust to the system Glass wishes to deploy. The international break has come at a good time. We are a good side just need time to settle and a break.

As I said before, they’ll deservedly get criticised for not beating the worst team in the league at home.

That’s not “bed wetting”, it’s deserved criticism.

As for “the system Glass wishes to deploy”…

I wish I knew what it actually was, as it’s not clear. 
We just look thrown together, with no organisation. 

44 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He was far from our biggest problem today, don't get me wrong

And it might be me that's wrong, but he looks too passive to me, too safe; I like blood and thunder

It can't be nice reading anything negative about your son but he is a first team player for Aberdeen and this is a fans forum, so unfortunately,  he will be critiqued. Its absolutely nothing personal.

God knows what the McLennans think when they come on here

I couldn't really give a fuck what people say online, because let's be honest, the vast majority don't have the first clue about the subject they're talking about.

So critique away. But to say Campbell was in any way to blame for their goal today stinks, and just makes you sound like the very kind of person I mention above. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Good summary

Disappointing again  - we lack a natural goalscorer, a bit of creativity, a defence that works and a keeper with confidence - otherwise we're fine.

Ramsay is great - can we clone him - how he kept that ball out I do not know - a right back should not be MOTM in every game we play even though he's great.

There's a lot to improve with the squad we have. The new players are a step in the right direction. Whether it is a big enough step is not yet clear. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No idea, I'm a football fan, not a master tactician

From my perspective, if he stayed on cook who he was with initially, cook wouldn't have scored

If I'm wrong I'm wrong

So he’s meant to just tell the future? Their player had a bad really good chance so he’s tried to get there to block it. It’s Browns man who has the initial shot.

Hard to pick apart anyway when your centre half makes a clearance like that.

Yep, you’re wrong.

If we want to challenge for being in the top 3 (different to challenging for third) thats a big two points dropped and we can't be doing that more than 2-3 times in the entire season.

Still a lot to work on.

We could do with another Hedges type in the last two days - hopefully the bid last week for Boyle means we are looking for one.

I thought that was Brown's poorest game for us so possibly he should have been rested here rather than Livvie/Raith

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

He had no bearing on the first shot, so may as well have stayed with cook and then he most likely wouldn't have scored 

So, sorry, I'm still not convinced I'm wrong 

He needed to try block it. 

So he’s meant to just stay where he was and if they score then he gets blamed for not trying to block it? You’re blaming Campbell for that goal when McCrorie fucked his clearance which lead to it. From there it’s people trying to make up for the mistake.

Im not even convinced you believe the shite you say.