Samuels Signs

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The only time we got behind St J defence yesterday was when Samuels squared Rooney up. 

Everything else was in front of them. I'm not saying he's amazing, or a fantastic player, simply making the point that the only time we looked a little threatening yesterday was through him. 

100 per cent.

In fact he was demanding the ball constantly and i thought he could have been fed more often 

Samuels is hopeless. He’s got pace but nothing much else. He’ll spend most of the time keeping jenks company on the bench once hedges and Watkins are fit.

I don’t see the point in these loan signings any more - occasionally you get one that really improves the team but 4/5 of them are a waste of time and their minutes would be better given to our own youngsters. I’ve no idea whether Ryan Duncan will be any good at first team level but I’d rather give him a go than Samuel’s. I’ve only seen the lad for two games but I know already that he’s no use. Same with Jenks.

Longstaff might have been a good signing but we’ve already got so many midfielders it was completely pointless. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Samuels is hopeless. He’s got pace but nothing much else. He’ll spend most of the time keeping jenks company on the bench once hedges and Watkins are fit.

I don’t see the point in these loan signings any more - occasionally you get one that really improves the team but 4/5 of them are a waste of time and their minutes would be better given to our own youngsters. I’ve no idea whether Ryan Duncan will be any good at first team level but I’d rather give him a go than Samuel’s. I’ve only seen the lad for two games but I know already that he’s no use. Same with Jenks.

Longstaff might have been a good signing but we’ve already got so many midfielders it was completely pointless. 

This boy is a loan to buy I think? 

Which means he might end up here on a permanent!! 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We’d be as well giving him a game up front through the middle instead of Ramirez. He’s crap out wide as every “cross” ends up miles away from anyone in our team. He’ll get more game time than Jenks just because he has pace. I’m still trying to work out what attributes jenks has other than invisibility when on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We’d be as well giving him a game up front through the middle instead of Ramirez. He’s crap out wide as every “cross” ends up miles away from anyone in our team. He’ll get more game time than Jenks just because he has pace. I’m still trying to work out what attributes jenks has other than invisibility when on the pitch.

Aye if we are playing him anywhere we should play him through the middle in a pair where he can get in behind.  Ramirez could link the play and he can turn the defence. 

Then we'll see if he's got a finish in him or not. 

23 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hes a lower league England standard player, no brain whatsoever, just a bit of pace, does the same thing over and over, before blasting a cross to no mans land. Sure it was Bradford he was on loan at and they didn't rate him.

We aren't going to ever improve recruiting these players on loan. I'd actually ban us recruiting any players from England as for every one decent player we're having to endure 5 useless cunts.

• Upvote 1
On 9/19/2021 at 4:48 PM, Don_Corleone said:

Jenks was good against Hearts I thought.

20 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Jenks was good against Hearts I thought.

I'm going to stick my neck out (hopefully I'm proven wrong) and say that he will only make a handful more sub appearances for us and return to Brighton in January. In those sub appearances he will neither score nor create a single goal, and will do absolutely nothing of note. He might be better in a different formation or something but I really don't see where he's going to feature in this team as he's not a midfielder and he's also not a wide player, and he doesn't appear to be a striker.

Samuels will get more game time just because he has pace. I predict he will be equally useless though.

Longstaff is more intreaguing - he could probably do alright, but I'm not sure how often he's going to play as Brown and Ferguson are undroppable and Ojo is our star man in Glass' eyes.

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

Interesting that Glass and Cormack kept on saying once the season started that we would only sign players who would improve the starting eleven.  I'd almost rather have Kennedy playing than Samuels.

Yep, that rubbish and trying to convince us we were wrong and gurr would "excite the fans", quote

Both red necks

• Haha 1
On 9/19/2021 at 4:35 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully no chance. Doesn’t look to have any “football intelligence”.

Head down, run fast, leather the ball across goal and over hit everyone… repeat.

I don’t think Glass will be here by then anyway, which lessens the chances of us signing Samuels permanently 

15 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'm going to stick my neck out (hopefully I'm proven wrong) and say that he will only make a handful more sub appearances for us and return to Brighton in January. In those sub appearances he will neither score nor create a single goal, and will do absolutely nothing of note. He might be better in a different formation or something but I really don't see where he's going to feature in this team as he's not a midfielder and he's also not a wide player, and he doesn't appear to be a striker.

Samuels will get more game time just because he has pace. I predict he will be equally useless though.

This looks about right.

13 hours ago, starryfish said:

Interesting that Glass and Cormack kept on saying once the season started that we would only sign players who would improve the starting eleven.  I'd almost rather have Kennedy playing than Samuels.

? That's not as crazy as it initially may appear.

I'd definitely rather have him in the position Oh No Ojo is playing.

Also, the "improve the starting XI" havers is a good point underlined by MT below.

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yep, that rubbish and trying to convince us we were wrong and gurr would "excite the fans", quote

Both red necks

Excite. ?

Not sure if that's how I would describe the emotion felt when his defensive goofs fucked us out of the LC to lower league opposition.

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hopefully no chance. Doesn’t look to have any “football intelligence”.

Head down, run fast, leather the ball across goal and over hit everyone… repeat.

Looks about the size of it on evidence thus far.

Right, I'm away for a lie down.
This agreeing with everyone caper is stressful shit.

15 hours ago, starryfish said:

What Glass said regarding bringing in players to improve the team rather than make up squad numbers was laughable. Bates out of the last 4 signings (when Glass made the bold claim) might improve the central defence. Samuels, Watkins and Longstaff have been poor. Watkins and Samuels are never goalscorers and Longstaff has came up with absolutely nothing so far. 

The signings are just like the club….just here to make up the numbers.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

What Glass said regarding bringing in players to improve the team rather than make up squad numbers was laughable. Bates out of the last 4 signings (when Glass made the bold claim) might improve the central defence. Samuels, Watkins and Longstaff have been poor. Watkins and Samuels are never goalscorers and Longstaff has came up with absolutely nothing so far. 

The signings are just like the club….just here to make up the numbers.

To be fair to the players you mention, they've not had much opportunity. I'm not sure any of them are particularly suited to the system Glass seems to want to play - 433... Samuels by all accounts is not a winger, but he's been signed it seems to play on the touchline. Watkins isn't really a winger and he isn't really a guy you'd play as your main striker, so not exactly sure where he fits in. Longstaff is exactly the same as at least another 5 or 6 midfielders we already have vying for 3 starting positions. That to me makes them even more strange signings. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

You’re on the wind up or trolling.

He had a very good effort today on the right hand side that wasn’t far away from the top corner

That was a half decent effort to be fair. 

But he doesn't strike me as a finisher. 

Sorry I'm not as positive as you. 

I can only go by the eyes I've got. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

He had a very good effort today on the right hand side that wasn’t far away from the top corner

He missed the target 

Think that's a sclaff. Aberdeen have so many players unable to strike the ball cleanly(donkeys).

Samuels is a pointless signing. 

He's just Connor McLennan in disguise. The difference is, (very) ocassionally McLennan is good. 

This guy is hopeless - he's just fast and that's basically it. He's got no footballing intelligence whatsoever and no end product. Yes he had two shots at goal today - I could have done exactly the same in those situations - one sclaffed wide from the left hand side of the box, and the other running in from the right hand side and blootering it wide and over the bar. 

Just send him back now - maybe get some kind of multi-ticket with Longstaff and Jenks. They're all a waste of time. Come January when they all go home, everyone will agree with me. 

34 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Said in the match thread, he's certainly not a winger. Plenty pace, nae crossing/footballing ability/footballing brain. 

Maybe a very good finisher? Who knows! 

Sure he said in his first interview after signing that he needs to improve on his finishing. So another to file under shite signing

36 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Said in the match thread, he's certainly not a winger. Plenty pace, nae crossing/footballing ability/footballing brain. 

Maybe a very good finisher? Who knows! 

It’s yet another fault of our manager, playing him on the wing.

Two different managers who loaned him from Wolves were quoted as saying they tried him wide & it didn’t work. 

So, naturally, Glass does exactly that.