Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Are the games home or away?

Should be beating Moldova regardless, and we should be looking to beat Austria at home certainly. 

We drew 2-2 at home with Austria. Late equaliser for us if I remember correctly....

Denmark is away and Moldova is at home.

Reckon we'll get 3 or 4 points and be done. 2nd is only good enough for a play off slot anyway, which is quite annoying when all we had to do was beat Israel to get to the same play offs a few months ago. Players and management preferred to get smashed instead

11 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

3 non-Scots , Cooper Adams and dykes. The number of them is diminishing and looks like Cooper will be out the picture soon anyway with Welsh coming through. Looks like right back could soon be a competitive position.

I don't particularly mind folk who qualify through Scottish family members or whatever playing for us, as long as they give us 100% while playing. Every international country does it.

The problem we had for so long is we filled the squad with guys like Matt Ritchie, Kris Commons, Chris Martin etc who were either shite, put no effort in because they didn't care, or both. 

1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

3 non-Scots , Cooper Adams and dykes. The number of them is diminishing and looks like Cooper will be out the picture soon anyway with Welsh coming through. Looks like right back could soon be a competitive position.

Tierney was born on the Isle of Man....

Down a lot of players now! Hard to make a starting 11 with whats left (and the fact we are pish to start with)

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Clark (St Johnstone), Gordon (Hearts) Kelly (Motherwell)

Defenders: Cooper (Leeds), Gallagher (Aberdeen), Hanley (Norwich), Hendry (Oostende), McKenna (Notts Forest), Robertson (Liverpool), Tierney (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Christie (Celtic), Ferguson (Aberdeen), Fraser (Newcastle), Gilmour (Chelsea, on loan to Norwich), McGregor (Celtic), McLean (Norwich), Turnbull (Celtic)

Forwards: Adams (Southampton), Dykes (QPR)

I'd stick Tierney at right back and go with this. Although I reckon Clarke will stick with his 5-3-2 and have Ryan Fraser at right wing back

Gordon

Tierney Hanley Cooper Robertson

Gilmour McLean

McGregor Turnbull Fraser

Adams

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ramsay should at least be called up to the squad. Best right back in the league especially since there is t one fit for tomorrow 

Fuck that

He's got a rest for about a week. It'll do him good.

If we suffer injuries in Denmark then maybe a call up could happen but I think they're expecting Patterson back for the Moldova match so ideally he'll just stay with the 21's

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Down a lot of players now! Hard to make a starting 11 with whats left (and the fact we are pish to start with)

Scotland squad:

Defenders: Cooper (Leeds), Gallagher (Aberdeen), Hanley (Norwich), Hendry (Oostende), McKenna (Notts Forest), Robertson (Liverpool), Tierney (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Christie (Celtic), Ferguson (Aberdeen), Fraser (Newcastle), Gilmour (Chelsea, on loan to Norwich), McGregor (Celtic), McLean (Norwich), Turnbull (Celtic)

I'd stick Tierney at right back and go with this. Although I reckon Clarke will stick with his 5-3-2 and have Ryan Fraser at right wing back

Gordon

Tierney Hanley Cooper Robertson

Gilmour McLean

McGregor Turnbull Fraser

Adams

Yup, I think he'll stick with 532 and have Fraser right wing back or even play someone like Hendry there. Despite the depleted squad I'm still not convinced Gallagher or Ferguson will get much game time. Only 2 strikers in the squad now... and I can't even think of another Scottish striker who'd be worth calling up...

43 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yup, I think he'll stick with 532 and have Fraser right wing back or even play someone like Hendry there. Despite the depleted squad I'm still not convinced Gallagher or Ferguson will get much game time. Only 2 strikers in the squad now... and I can't even think of another Scottish striker who'd be worth calling up...

I can’t see Gallagher or Ferguson playing at all tbh. Neither they should be really.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Fuck that

He's got a rest for about a week. It'll do him good.

If we suffer injuries in Denmark then maybe a call up could happen but I think they're expecting Patterson back for the Moldova match so ideally he'll just stay with the 21's

He’s not got a rest he’s in the under 21s. Wonder kid Paterson ? and O’Donnell will both be back for Saturday I think.

So Ramsay would get more of a rest training with the first team and watching the game than training and playing with the under 21s

31 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s not got a rest he’s in the under 21s. Wonder kid Paterson ? and O’Donnell will both be back for Saturday I think.

So Ramsay would get more of a rest training with the first team and watching the game than training and playing with the under 21s

They dont play until the 7th...He has a week off

31 minutes ago, thurso said:

Byrne baby Byrne put it up earlier 

Oh yea thanks

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Scotland squad:

Gordon

Cooper Hanley Tierney

Hendry Gilmour McGregor McLean Robbo

Adams Dykes

subs: Kelly, Clark, McKenna, Gallagher, Christie, Fraser, Turnbull, Ferguson

Are we maybe missing more? Media saying we only have 15 or 16 outfield players?