Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

To say it is just Aberdeen fans bias to say Ramsay is more deserving over Patterson for the Moldova game is just fkn ridiculous because ANY REAL NEUTRAL having watched Ramsay play this season & Patterson basically not having played would say the very same & that Ramsay was far more deserving on current form.

Very least it should have been a half each v Moldovan minnows but if anything else Ramsay by far the more favorable for the slot.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

To say it is just Aberdeen fans bias to say Ramsay is more deserving over Patterson for the Moldova game is just fkn ridiculous because ANY REAL NEUTRAL having watched Ramsay play this season & Patterson basically not having played would say the very same & that Ramsay was far more deserving on current form.

Very least it should have been a half each v Moldovan minnows but if anything else Ramsay by far the more favorable for the slot.

Most players earned their place in this squad based on what they did last season and at the Euros. 

Patterson scored 2 goals in 4 games for the under 21s as well as playing in the Europa League last season. 

This squad has come too early for Ramsay.  But if he plays well over the next couple of months I'm 100% convinced that Clarke will call him up like he's done with other young players in the last year or so. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Most players earned their place in this squad based on what they did last season and at the Euros. 

Patterson scored 2 goals in 4 games for the under 21s as well as playing in the Europa League last season. 

This squad has come too early for Ramsay.  But if he plays well over the next couple of months I'm 100% convinced that Clarke will call him up like he's done with other young players in the last year or so. 

Bollocks.

Patterson would be playing first team football if that was case but Ramsay will get nowhere near full squad whilst Patterson is in Hun media hype mode. Clarke has been bought out by arse cheek mafia with his latest new contract 

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bollocks.

Patterson would be playing first team football if that was case but Ramsay will get nowhere near full squad whilst Patterson is in Hun media hype mode. Clarke has been bought out by arse cheek mafia with his latest new contract 

How can you say that he is biased against Aberdeen when he's called up Considine, McCrorie, Ferguson and Gallagher over the last 12 months? 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A lot of words said but basically this is it! 

Aberdeen board wants Aberdeen player in ahead of hun

Probably not the most surprising development

Either way SOD plays tomorrow night and thats probably who i'd pick for this type of game anyway. We will be on the back foot and he's got plenty experience at international level now. He's not great but rarely has a howler to be fair

Personally I don't want any Aberdeen player near that Scotland shambles.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How can you say that he is biased against Aberdeen when he's called up Considine, McCrorie, Ferguson and Gallagher over the last 12 months? 

Because he’s had his fingers wrapped & telt to tow line since the Ferguson transfer ‘saga’ 

Gallagher only still in squad through pure desperation & inability to make an excuse for dropping him.

Patterson gets nod over (far better proven current form of) Ramsay because Huns are forcing his hype/valuation since Gerrard started it (but doesn’t play him) this season/window. Also explains why Patterson was only ‘risked’ v the minnows of Moldova. Best chance to impress/least chance of fk ups being costly & there were many occasions he fkd up & lost possession, even v that shite.

Absolutely zero doubt Ramsay is by far the better form player

only reason rest got call ups over past 12 months was through desperation &covid 

48 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

McGinn was better than Ferguson at same age. Only bias/bitterness would blinker Aberdeen fans against this.

he was player of tournament/year for both St Mirren (U20’s) & Hibs first team latterly (& still at very young age) 

Hibs managed to sign him because they nipped in & took serious advantage of the fact he was suing St Mirren & wanted out, Hibs offered fee plus 30%sell on & basically St Mirren had to take it. Hibs we’re very smart on that one much like we were with Ferguson but using his dad’s friendship with our manager. 

Ferguson & McGinn are reasonably similar comparatively at same ages but for me John McGinn has been better at each age level equivalent even though Ferguson had clear advantages in football over McGinn due to his family links.

It might very well be a blinkered view on him I only really watched at Hibs v Aberdeen but he signed for Hibs when he was about 20 first two seasons for Hibs were in the championship  not a great standard to be at if he was so much better it wouldnt of been Hibs in the championship he went to when he left st mirren a whole host of clubs would of been in for him. Ferguson on the other hand has been staring in the spl for 4 years and performing in Europe really well 

McGinn has very good family links to. If he was as good as that he would of been at Celtic from a very young age. 

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You seem to more about him than me all I’v seen of him is half a game in the o against 10 men for rangers and few minutes he played for Scotland many but how games did he play in the Europa league last year and has he gotten into the rangers team at all on merit or just because tavinier was injured/Covid ( by that I mean better in training when both fit) 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

It might very well be a blinkered view on him I only really watched at Hibs v Aberdeen but he signed for Hibs when he was about 20 first two seasons for Hibs were in the championship  not a great standard to be at if he was so much better it wouldnt of been Hibs in the championship he went to when he left st mirren a whole host of clubs would of been in for him. Ferguson on the other hand has been staring in the spl for 4 years and performing in Europe really well 

McGinn has very good family links to. If he was as good as that he would of been at Celtic from a very young age. 

He was suing St Mirren & Hibs were quickest/smartest club to capitalise on it. Forrest were after him within 6 moths of Hibs signing him but Hibs refused to sell as they wanted him in top flight to maximise value for future sell. 
Just because he wasn’t noticed by other clubs quick enough doesn’t boost your argument of Ferguson over him as who else was after Ferguson at same age because until us he had only gone down in levels of teams.

Even though Hibs were in championship you could hardly realistically say he was going down a level from st Mirren in terms of club size & probably even wages also. 
He wanted the hell out of st Mirren & Hibs were basically where he wanted to go to best progress at time

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He was suing St Mirren & Hibs were quickest/smartest club to capitalise on it. Forrest were after him within 6 moths of Hibs signing him but Hibs refused to sell as they wanted him in top flight to maximise value for future sell. 
Just because he wasn’t noticed by other clubs quick enough doesn’t boost your argument of Ferguson over him as who else was after Ferguson at same age because until us he had only gone down in levels of teams.

Even though Hibs were in championship you could hardly realistically say he was going down a level from st Mirren in terms of club size & probably even wages also. 
He wanted the hell out of st Mirren & Hibs were basically where he wanted to go to best progress at time

Hibs wernt the quickest he was on course to go to the mls as no other options until Hibs stepped in and he decided to stay in Scotland. Every club knew about John McGinn just decided to not go for himas they didn’t think he was worth paying the compensation fee, Hibs did and made a good profit on it. 
We were clearly after Ferguson that’s why he signed for us at 18. 

But apart from that I agree about most of your posts about Patterson for what it’s worth 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

McGinn was better than Ferguson at same age. Only bias/bitterness would blinker Aberdeen fans against this.

he was player of tournament/year for both St Mirren (U20’s) & Hibs first team latterly (& still at very young age) 

Hibs managed to sign him because they nipped in & took serious advantage of the fact he was suing St Mirren & wanted out, Hibs offered fee plus 30%sell on & basically St Mirren had to take it. Hibs we’re very smart on that one much like we were with Ferguson but using his dad’s friendship with our manager. 

Ferguson & McGinn are reasonably similar comparatively at same ages but for me John McGinn has been better at each age level equivalent even though Ferguson had clear advantages in football over McGinn due to his family links.

McGinn is hardly without family links in football. Just on the other side of the arse cheek divide.

He's also clearly better than Ferguson and always will be in their careers

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

Hibs wernt the quickest he was on course to go to the mls as no other options until Hibs stepped in and he decided to stay in Scotland. Every club knew about John McGinn just decided to not go for himas they didn’t think he was worth paying the compensation fee, Hibs did and made a good profit on it. 
We were clearly after Ferguson that’s why he signed for us at 18. 

But apart from that I agree about most of your posts about Patterson for what it’s worth 

MLS was always a slim shot given their foreign player rules. 
Hibs were by far the closest informed on the player & agent was always in favour of Hibs links (especially for future potential given their history) short term plan was stepping stone to Celtic but hopes for more. A lot of my friends & family are well linked within Hibs & I remember the chat at time & Mcginn was VERY sought after by Hibs, even before the flag pole/suing incident. There was zero doubts on the player’s ability. He was better (imo) than Ferguson at same age. Admittedly not by much but better all same & has progressed at better rate also. Including with regards silverware 

37 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

MLS was always a slim shot given their foreign player rules. 
Hibs were by far the closest informed on the player & agent was always in favour of Hibs links (especially for future potential given their history) short term plan was stepping stone to Celtic but hopes for more. A lot of my friends & family are well linked within Hibs & I remember the chat at time & Mcginn was VERY sought after by Hibs, even before the flag pole/suing incident. There was zero doubts on the player’s ability. He was better (imo) than Ferguson at same age. Admittedly not by much but better all same & has progressed at better rate also. Including with regards silverware 

He said in his own words in April/may time deal to Houston Dynamo agreed to go agreed terms but red tape stoped it so you could of been right on the foreign rules Iv no idea but if it was a slim shot why did agree to go. If he was so good why did no one want to pay the £250000 apart from hibs not as if it was a lot. 

At the same age as Ferguson is you think McGinn was better I think that’s not the case which is fine I shall respect your opinion but agree to disagree 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

John McGinn is probably our most important player. 

I don't think it matters who his grandad is. 

3 brothers all professionals. John has developed into a truly international class player. The older 2 are journeymen professionals although Paul has just received his second call up to the Scotland squad. Like the first time, it's doubtful he''ll get on the pitch except to warm up.

You are probably correct that it doesn't matter that their grandfather was once Celtic chairman (IIRC at the time they were less than an hour from going the same way as oldco did before McCann stepped in to save them) and SFA president. But as youth players, scouts would be well aware of the familial link and that certainly wouldn't be a hindrance to them getting initial trials with clubs.

Remember the case of Ali Dia at Southampton.....Souness was boss and signed him purely because he was recommended by his agent "George Weah".....who turned out to be a phoney and the player turned out to be so bad that having come on as a substitute v Leeds, had to be taken off after 20 minutes because he was so honking and never played for them again.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

The older 2 are journeymen professionals although Paul has just received his second call up to the Scotland squad. Like the first time, it's doubtful he''ll get on the pitch except to warm up

Calling up Paul McGinn is poor. A bang average 30+ player who’s only involvement in the national team will be pity call ups with no hope of getting any game time when there’s a pile of injuries or withdrawals.

It doesn’t matter whether you think Ramsay is better than Patterson or not, he’s better than Paul McGinn and looks to have the potential to be part of the national team in the future. He should be there ahead of him for sure.

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Calling up Paul McGinn is poor. A bang average 30+ player who’s only involvement in the national team will be pity call ups with no hope of getting any game time when there’s a pile of injuries or withdrawals.

It doesn’t matter whether you think Ramsay is better than Patterson or not, he’s better than Paul McGinn and looks to have the potential to be part of the national team in the future. He should be there ahead of him for sure.

To be fair its last minute. The under 21s have a game today. I dont think theyd pull Ramsay out the camp to travel to Austria and not even play.

Instead McGinn just said "I'll see if my bro is free" like you would do for a game of 5's at Goals

I'd like to think if it wasn't for the short notice, Paul McGinn would be behind Ramsay, Patterson, O'Donnell, Palmer, Rooney, Hutton and McKimmie