Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I reckon we’ll finish 2nd then play israel in the semis and the final of the play offs

We should hire a lawyer and have them kicked out of the tournament on the technicality that they're not fucking European. 

Cast iron case, surely. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

If we beat Israel it will take a monumental fuck up for us not to finish second. 

Then we'll be up against some proper teams in the play offs... 

Though we just beat the team ranked 23rd on their own turf, and we weren't even lucky... I think we might have won by a couple. 

I reckon we’ll finish 2nd then play israel in the semis and the final of the play offs

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If we beat Israel it will take a monumental fuck up for us not to finish second. 

Though we just beat the team ranked 23rd on their own turf, and we weren't even lucky... I think we might have won by a couple. 

And believe it or not Austria have already secured their place in the playoffs.

A decent attacking open game. We got lucky with their non-penalty just before h/t when (Hendry?) a Scotland player his arm across their player at a corner. That was a penalty for me. 

Good defending overall and the front two linked up well. Israel next which really is massive. Three points there and we come second. 

Steve Clarke is a dour bastard. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Attack breaks down with him every time there's an overload on the right. He'll try and he's honest, will run and run, just never a player at that level. 

Nonsense. 

“At that level” is such a weird term. It’s international football. He’s probably playing against players who play at a lower level than him about 60% of the time.

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. 

“At that level” is such a weird term. It’s international football. He’s probably playing against players who play at a lower level than him about 60% of the time.

Agree with that. International football is not necessarily any better than club football and the cunts only play together as a team now and again.

Hopefully we get Austria in the play of final, then... cause they were fucking awful tonight. 

And they still have to go to Denmark, I'm noticing.  Smashed 4-0 by the Danes in Austria, previously. 

Fuck me... beat Israel and we're through to the play offs, fo sho. 

19 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. 

I’d say other than the bottom seeded teams international level would tend to be better than SPFL sides…

needless to say Austria would be superior to Motherwell

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

An away game in against the Faroes still to come!  .... we've got previous there! 

I look at the fixtures too and I think we might get something from Denmark at home on the last day of the campaign.  The Danes are running away with this group... will they be arsed by that stage?

8 hours ago, Roberto said:

Anyone can run into space but if you're going to give the ball away every time you're in space then what's the point in getting into space?

Sounds like someone we know from home.

He's our Bosnian...
Our however that horrific song goes.

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Even if we make the play offs…

There’s gonna be 12 teams in it and only 3 qualify ?

Ah but....

7 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It's only two games though  

Indeed

5 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Armenia currently sitting second in their group. Serbia, Finland, Norway, Albania all in with a decent chance.

Double indeed. 

Poland, Czechs, Russia too.

I'd imagine from the way things turn out with 2nd place teams, at present we have a chance against all in 2 x one off games.

Apart from v Spain. Who we'd only have a 1 in 3 chance of being in same play off path.

Austria in semis.

Finland in Final.

12 quid* pints here we come**.

*May increase for taking piss out of fitba tourists.
**Unless luck enough to scrape a happy hour, which are horrific there compared to Dubai & Abu Dhabi.

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Won their Nations League group. 

wales pretty much guaranteed a spot too. 

looks like Spain might finish 2nd in their group, if we qualify we’ll likely play them!

The teams that have qualified for the Nations League play off who have not qualified as group winners or as runners up will need to go through a play off system to get the 2 places.

Then they will join the 10 runners up and go through a play off to see who gets the 3 places.

I think that UEFA hasn't announced the system on the 12 team play offs yet, probably to allow them the chance to fuck around the system to get any remaining big teams through to the finals.

Noticed on the match stats that we have won consecutive matches for the first time since beating Slovakia and Czech Republic in October 2020 - all four games in the two-game winning runs have ended 1-0. Clarke is our George Graham, priority is not losing a goal so we won't get beat then hopefully sneak one ourselves to win. "1-0 to the Scotland, 1-0 to the Scotland". 

2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

The teams that have qualified for the Nations League play off who have not qualified as group winners or as runners up will need to go through a play off system to get the 2 places.

Then they will join the 10 runners up and go through a play off to see who gets the 3 places.

I think that UEFA hasn't announced the system on the 12 team play offs yet, probably to allow them the chance to fuck around the system to get any remaining big teams through to the finals.

The six second place teams with the most points will play their first tie at home. Sounds like no other seeding.

Think that three in midfield is our best option - Gilmour, Potatohead & McGregor.  I think those three are going to give most midfields in Europe a challenge.  I like McTominay as a player, but sure he's really hit the heights for Scotland, to warrant selection above those three.

Grant Hanley is probably Scotlands second best player these days.  How things change!

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

Think that three in midfield is our best option - Gilmour, Potatohead & McGregor.  I think those three are going to give most midfields in Europe a challenge.  I like McTominay as a player, but sure he's really hit the heights for Scotland, to warrant selection above those three.

Was thinking that last night. Not sure where he plays. I think he’s better than McGinn but he’s the golden boy of the team. Gilmour and McGregor are better players for me than McGinn.