Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Infiltrated by Palestinian terrorists, and getting attacked by Hamas rockets nearly every day.   
It doesn’t compare to the easy Scottish way of life , yet tiny Israel are a team Scotland the mighty struggle to defeat.  
It wasn’t too long ago football in Israel was non existent. 
Thats the Point. 
Same with the Danes they have a different system than super scotland they are miles ahead in the way they play the game and talent wise. 

I hope you’re trolling on the first part otherwise you’ve made yourself look very very foolish 

3 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

How are we going to get 8 points from 3 games?

Exactly, it means the only way were guaranteed to qualify ahead of the Denmark game is if we win all three games against Israel, Moldova and the Faroes.

Therefore, the Israel game is a must win.

4 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

If Israel beat us at home then we dont deserve to be anywhere near the play offs. 

Agree, as it stands, qualification will be largely down to this next game, ironically against Israel again.

We'll probably end up with a draw

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Definitely.

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

We won't struggle against the Faroes. 

It'll be a standard win, anywhere between 2 and 4 nil.

Mind you, I said Austria would cuff us, so it's possible, however unlikely, that I'm wrong. 

This is more like it bud.

You’ve seen the light due to the majestic levels of football prowess demonstrated by the mighty scots last night. ?

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

We won't struggle against the Faroes. 

It'll be a standard win, anywhere between 2 and 4 nil.

Mind you, I said Austria would cuff us, so it's possible, however unlikely, that I'm wrong. 

Hmmmm I’m not so sure (never can be with Scotland) ?

Faroe islanders managed to keep Denmark at bay for most of their game at home & also managed to score twice against Moldova ?

42 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hmmmm I’m not so sure (never can be with Scotland) ?

Faroe islanders managed to keep Denmark at bay for most of their game at home & also managed to score twice against Moldova ?

The fancy fitba of the Denmarkers isn't optimal against shite like the Faroes. Trying to pass through 10 defenders can be tricky for any team. 

Our style of suborbital long balls will be more suited to breaking them down... plus they'll be less defensive against us because we're Scotland, not Denmark, and they might actually get pulled out of position. 

We'll be playing Israel at home, the weather will be cooler than the fucking oven we have to play in over in Israel, so our players won't be blowing out their arses 20 minutes in. 

And Moldova, they're shite, and again we'll be playing in near Scottish conditions given the time of year. 

I'm not getting fooled into thinking Scotland has improved, merely dispassionately looking at the teams we'll be playing and the elements we'll be subject to. 

We've a terrific chance of making the play-offs, and a slim to none chance of getting through them. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

The fancy fitba of the Denmarkers isn't optimal against shite like the Faroes. Trying to pass through 10 defenders can be tricky for any team. 

Our style of suborbital long balls will be more suited to breaking them down... plus they'll be less defensive against us because we're Scotland, not Denmark, and they might actually get pulled out of position. 

We'll be playing Israel at home, the weather will be cooler than the fucking oven we have to play in over in Israel, so our players won't be blowing out their arses 20 minutes in. 

And Moldova, they're shite, and again we'll be playing in near Scottish conditions given the time of year. 

I'm not getting fooled into thinking Scotland has improved, merely dispassionately looking at the teams we'll be playing and the elements we'll be subject to. 

We've a terrific chance of making the play-offs, and a slim to none chance of getting through them. 

I agree to a point but our record v Israel is pretty sketchy at best. Home & away ? not least of late where we were lucky to draw with them & they quite convincingly beat the Austrian team we struggled against

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I agree to a point but our record v Israel is pretty sketchy at best. Home & away ? not least of late where we were lucky to draw with them & they quite convincingly beat the Austrian team we struggled against

I was shocked at how pish that Austrian team was. 

The 5-2 game, according to one Israeli commentator, was a match-up between two utterly horseshit defences, and the Israelis took greater advantage. 

Certainly even we looked effective coming forward against Austria, and could have scored a couple more. 

I'm not falling for the 'Israel are good' spiel any more than I'm falling for the 'Scotland were terrific' angle, though.  

We're pish, Israel's pish, Austria's pish... it'll be a battle for second between 3 pish sides, and I think we'll rise to the top of the pish like a floater, based largely on how the final three games fall. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

The 5-2 game, according to one Israeli commentator, was a match-up between two utterly horseshit defences, and the Israelis took greater advantage. 

Certainly even we looked effective coming forward against Austria, and could have scored a couple more. 

I'm not falling for the 'Israel are good' spiel any more than I'm falling for the 'Scotland were terrific' angle, though.  

We're pish, Israel's pish, Austria's pish... it'll be a battle for second between 3 pish sides, and I think we'll rise to the top of the pish like a floater, based largely on how the final three games fall. 

Ok I can get onboard with that sentiment ?

I forgot how pish we were up front also to maybe make the Israeli defensive seem better than it was.

20 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I was also surprised how pish Austria were after seeing them a few times in the Euro's - against Italy in particular - that Italian team would have horsed us

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, Dandyesque said:

I was also surprised how pish Austria were after seeing them a few times in the Euro's - against Italy in particular - that Italian team would have horsed us

Austria were very impressive against Italy so aye strange to see how pish they've looked since then

12 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I'm sure Estonia was ranked either 5th or 6th seed and we drew in Monaco after they didn't show up in Tallinn. 

We did beat Belarus and Latvia home and away though. 

Oh the Tallinn shambles. Disgrace we weren't awarded the 3 points for that game tbh. Still no excuse for being so poor for the rearranged game tho

I'd be shocked if we didn't make the play-offs now. Getting through that play-off will be a tough ask though, if I'm understanding the prawcess correctly we'd be seeded for the semi but would almost certainly face a tough team in the final. EL Qualifying play-off rounds all over again and we know how that goes.

Only 3 from 12 of the play off teams progress, and I can't see us being one of them I'm afraid. Whilst I obviously hope we qualify, a part of me wants Scotland to have no part of this Qatar shitshow anyway, the tournament should have been taken from them a long time ago for a multitude of reasons.