Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

On 9/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, Dandyesque said:

I was also surprised how pish Austria were after seeing them a few times in the Euro's - against Italy in particular - that Italian team would have horsed us

Austria were very impressive against Italy so aye strange to see how pish they've looked since then

12 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I'm sure Estonia was ranked either 5th or 6th seed and we drew in Monaco after they didn't show up in Tallinn. 

We did beat Belarus and Latvia home and away though. 

Oh the Tallinn shambles. Disgrace we weren't awarded the 3 points for that game tbh. Still no excuse for being so poor for the rearranged game tho

I'd be shocked if we didn't make the play-offs now. Getting through that play-off will be a tough ask though, if I'm understanding the prawcess correctly we'd be seeded for the semi but would almost certainly face a tough team in the final. EL Qualifying play-off rounds all over again and we know how that goes.

Only 3 from 12 of the play off teams progress, and I can't see us being one of them I'm afraid. Whilst I obviously hope we qualify, a part of me wants Scotland to have no part of this Qatar shitshow anyway, the tournament should have been taken from them a long time ago for a multitude of reasons. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The Israel game is 50:50.  Massive game. 

Come through that with a win and we'll be in the play offs 

I still think we will fuck things up in Moldova, leaving us needing to beat Denmark to be certain of a play off place

We might manage to stumble into the position more by good fortune than good play but if we do I think we'll be supplanted from the seeded positions leaving us a severely uphill task to qualify

17 hours ago, OddJob said:

Austria were very impressive against Italy so aye strange to see how pish they've looked since then

Oh the Tallinn shambles. Disgrace we weren't awarded the 3 points for that game tbh. Still no excuse for being so poor for the rearranged game tho

Yep, just a coincidence that Lennart Johansson was UEFA president at the time when the game was rescheduled for Monaco.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I still think we will fuck things up in Moldova, leaving us needing to beat Denmark to be certain of a play off place

We might manage to stumble into the position more by good fortune than good play but if we do I think we'll be supplanted from the seeded positions leaving us a severely uphill task to qualify

Aye you can never count your chickens with a Scotland team. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What’s with all the extra press the bbc is giving the lassies football.

not just the Scotland lassies national side but lassies club football as well. 
It’s as CRINGEY as going onto bbc & seeing nothing but arse cheek love fest shite but now we got to scroll through fkn shitey lassies football promotion shite.

I've noticed that too... they are trying to filter loads of womens football stories into the main football section.  It's really misleading when checking some scores!  I've had to double take a few times... before realising it's actually a women's match that's being reported!

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I've noticed that too... they are trying to filter loads of womens football stories into the main football section.  It's really misleading when checking some scores!  I've had to double take a few times... before realising it's actually a women's match that's being reported!

The alarm bells ought to ring when Scotland or Aberdeen win !

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

One thing I've wondered is why the women's teams adopt the full club badge of the men's team. The Aberdeen wifeys have the full badge with two stars on it - why? They've not won any Euro trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

Austria did pretty well versus Italy. What do you guys think about the next match Scotland versus Israel? I think we have good chances versus Israel; even Israel looks stronger. At least draw is okay for our team. I tried to get some reviews on the match, most of the football experts like https://eqjournal.org saying that Israel would win. My bet for this match will be for a Total under 1.5. What do you guys think?