Scotland vs Denmark, Moldova & Austria

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Ralston is still fairly young and players should be picked on form.

So if Robertson has a few bad games for Liverpool but Lewis Stevenson has a good run of games at left back for Hibs he's in the team.

Players are picked on being the best players available. Ralston will need to have a lot of good games to show he's better than the crap he showed before at Celtic, Dundee United & St Johnstone

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

So if Robertson has a few bad games for Liverpool but Lewis Stevenson has a good run of games at left back for Hibs he's in the team.

Players are picked on being the best players available. Ralston will need to have a lot of good games to show he's better than the crap he showed before at Celtic, Dundee United & St Johnstone

Sorry, but you're clutching at straws here.

All players will have a few bad games from time to time. The better quality players (Robertson) will have fewer and be more consistent than others (Stevenson).

If Robertson's form had stopped him getting first team games for his club on a regular basis, why should is historic form be enough to continue to walk into the national side?

Too many Championship Manager beliefs on the go today. 

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

All players will have a few bad games from time to time. The better quality players (Robertson) will have fewer and be more consistent than others (Stevenson).

If Robertson's form had stopped him getting first team games for his club on a regular basis, why should is historic form be enough to continue to walk into the national side?

Of course I'm clutching at straws. Just taking the words and using them to an extreme version to suit my own agenda.

Thats what it's all about :LS:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hibs have had a good start to the league. Sitting at the top. I have seen absolutely 0 of them but maybe McGinn has been playing well... I have no idea.... and i'm not interested enough to find out

I've no idea either. Let's ask our resident Hibs fan:

2 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Paul McGinn.

L

O

L

Nope. He's rubbish.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

So what you're saying really is that your rules only apply to cases which suit you. 

If Gilmour isn't first choice for Chelsea it's OK for him to play. 

If Robertson has a run of bad games for Liverpool it's OK for him to play 

But Patterson can't play. 

The problem is that you're applying your rule too literally.  In some cases it would be mental to pick someone who is playing regularly for a shit team over a guy who's on the bench for a good team if there's a huge gap in quality between the two players. 

Your real beef here is that you want Ramsay in ahead of Patterson and you're performing mental gymnastics to justify it when other players get pulled in as other examples. 

Fair enough but just admit it. 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

I’m not saying he should be first choice but he would deserve a call up more than Patterson because he’s been playing regularly. 

If Patterson was playing for the rangers every week I’d have no problems with him in the squad but he’s not tavinier plays ahead of him.

It’s not like the player ahead of him is the best in the world at that position 

Nae offence min but you think Lewis Ferguson is better than John McGinn and Kenny McLean. 

Your judgement of the right backs is just as wonky as your judgment of the central midfielders. 

Anthony fucking Ralston?  Give me a break.  The only way people are pulling Ralston into it is to defend their real beef which is they want Ramsay playing instead of Patterson. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Then you are capping a player who has had about 4 good appearances following hundreds of crap ones. Ralston is pish.

Hibs have had a good start to the league. Sitting at the top. I have seen absolutely 0 of them but maybe McGinn has been playing well... I have no idea.... and i'm not interested enough to find out

That's why we are a failing footballing nation though. Picking washed up 30 year old average right backs to cover a few games. Pick the youth and they can potentially be the right backs for the next 10 years. 

44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So what you're saying really is that your rules only apply to cases which suit you. 

If Gilmour isn't first choice for Chelsea it's OK for him to play. 

If Robertson has a run of bad games for Liverpool it's OK for him to play 

But Patterson can't play. 

The problem is that you're applying your rule too literally.  In some cases it would be mental to pick someone who is playing regularly for a shit team over a guy who's on the bench for a good team if there's a huge gap in quality between the two players. 

Your real beef here is that you want Ramsay in ahead of Patterson and you're performing mental gymnastics to justify it when other players get pulled in as other examples. 

Fair enough but just admit it. 

No, you're extrapolating and going off on a long tangent.

I'm happy to think that Ramsay may not yet be ready for a full international call up, just moaning that as a nation, to go into the Denmark game with no natural right back and the Moldova game with a kid that's hardly played this year is ludicrous.

Its indicative of where we are as a footballing nation....... Shite.

The scenarios being put out there are the extremes. Robertson for example, has established himself over time. If he was to start a few games of poor form and was dropped, then he should be given leeway to work through it. If he's dropped for a considerable amount of time, then he shouldn't be continued to be called up and it sends the message that you have to be playing to get into the team.

Gilmour was one of the guys pulled into the Euro's not as a starting spot, but to gain experience. Its applaudable for him to go out to a team and get games instead of sitting on a bench rotting. 

25 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

That's why we are a failing footballing nation though. Picking washed up 30 year old average right backs to cover a few games. Pick the youth and they can potentially be the right backs for the next 10 years. 

It would seem that Clarke's pecking order is: -

1) Stephen O'Donnell - Nae played recently for Motherwell because of Covid

2) Nathan Patterson - Nae played much this season as back up to Tavernier. Selected ahead of SOD against Moldova because of the tactical formation

3) Paul McGinn - Nae idea how he has played this year. Guess, he'll be on the bench as back up to SOD (team to play a more defensive formation against Austria)

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Your real beef here is that you want Ramsay in ahead of Patterson

A lot of words said but basically this is it! 

Aberdeen board wants Aberdeen player in ahead of hun

Probably not the most surprising development

Either way SOD plays tomorrow night and thats probably who i'd pick for this type of game anyway. We will be on the back foot and he's got plenty experience at international level now. He's not great but rarely has a howler to be fair

55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae offence min but you think Lewis Ferguson is better than John McGinn and Kenny McLean. 

Your judgement of the right backs is just as wonky as your judgment of the central midfielders. 

Anthony fucking Ralston?  Give me a break.  The only way people are pulling Ralston into it is to defend their real beef which is they want Ramsay playing instead of Patterson. 

I don't think Ferguson is good enough (yet) for the Scotland team. He's in there because of the number of call offs we've had.

You can't admit it, but Ralston is a better shout than Paul McGinn, but its obvious that Clarkes tactics this game.

I'm nae even convinced that Patterson has been injured and that its because Clarke wants to be more defensively set up against Austria with SOD and McGinn as back-up. I'd put money on Patterson being available off the bench at the weekend for SevCo

23 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don't think Ferguson is good enough (yet) for the Scotland team. He's in there because of the number of call offs we've had.

You can't admit it, but Ralston is a better shout than Paul McGinn, but its obvious that Clarkes tactics this game.

I'm nae even convinced that Patterson has been injured and that its because Clarke wants to be more defensively set up against Austria with SOD and McGinn as back-up. I'd put money on Patterson being available off the bench at the weekend for SevCo

Huns allowed Patterson to play as it would be hard for him to be made to look bad v Moldova.

More risk of that v Austria so they have made him fake an injury

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ye I said Ferguson was better at 21 than McGinn was and you tjink John McGinn was better at 21 than Lewis Ferguson is that’s why he had the choice of america or Hibs in the second division. Just used ralston as an example since he’s started the season ok. 

If your wanting to play players who you haven’t seen played why not pick the young lad at West Ham who was in the under 21s instead of Ramsay he must be better than both and it doesn’t matter if he’s not getting a game anywhere 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Ye I said Ferguson was better at 21 than McGinn was and you tjink John McGinn was better at 21 than Lewis Ferguson is that’s why he had the choice of america or Hibs in the second division. Just used ralston as an example since he’s started the season ok. 

If your wanting to play players who you haven’t seen played why not pick the young lad at West Ham who was in the under 21s instead of Ramsay he must be better than both and it doesn’t matter if he’s not getting a game anywhere 

I'm not the one pushing for Ramsay. Nor am I pushing for the West Ham lad. 

I think Clarke's initial right back selections were fair enough.  

Picked O'Donnell for the two away games for his defensive qualities imo and Patterson for the home game against Moldova so he could see him from the start. 

Trying to push Ramsay into the Scotland team at this stage after the programme of games he's had over the last 2 months is asking a lot.  He's better getting some rest and getting a game for the u21s.  His time will come if he keeps up his early season form. 

• Upvote 1

Whole thing reeks of Ferguson’s dad & his mates at SFA basically doing a Gordon Strachan & deliberately shafting Aberdeen players (young ones especially) out of bitterness & punishment.

Explains why Ferguson got the call ups to rub noses in it but Gallagher still gets call up because Clarke wouldn’t be able to make an excuse for dropping him from squad given the desperation in defence.

Calling up McGinn in defence to replace Patterson & saying it was because he was only one able to get testing done is utter BS ? Ramsay will have already been through testing procedures ffs not to mention the fact he lives in a city with large numbers traveling offshore requiring testing so there is a better infrastructure there already in place than most other cities in Scotland.
Absolutely joke that that Clarke isn’t made to explain how this desperation to find a RB now Patterson is ‘injured’ doesn’t mean Ramsay wouldn’t be first choice ? could easily have pulled him from U21’s squad. 

Paul McGinn ? ffs

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Whole thing reeks of Ferguson’s dad & his mates at SFA basically doing a Gordon Strachan & deliberately shafting Aberdeen players (young ones especially) out of bitterness & punishment.

Explains why Ferguson got the call ups to rub noses in it but Gallagher still gets call up because Clarke wouldn’t be able to make an excuse for dropping him from squad given the desperation in defence.

Calling up McGinn in defence to replace Patterson & saying it was because he was only one able to get testing done is utter BS ? Ramsay will have already been through testing procedures ffs not to mention the fact he lives in a city with large numbers traveling offshore requiring testing so there is a better infrastructure there already in place than most other cities in Scotland.
Absolutely joke that that Clarke isn’t made to explain how this desperation to find a RB now Patterson is ‘injured’ doesn’t mean Ramsay wouldn’t be first choice ? could easily have pulled him from U21’s squad. 

Paul McGinn ? ffs

O'Donnell will start and was probably always earmarked to start this game. 

He's hardly going to throw Ramsay in for his debut away to Austria when the qualification depends on it. 

If he did that and we got beat folk would be complaining that he'd thrown him under a bus to make Patterson look good.  

All this pish is only because Patterson is a Hun. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

All this pish is only because Patterson is not game ready this season. 

FTFY

Nothing to do with him being a hun.

Its about his lack of game time this season.

90 minutes against Dunfermline and 90 minutes against a pish Aleshkert that got beat by 10 man Rangers, only because Tavernier couldn't play is not good enough for our International team.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

FTFY

Nothing to do with him being a hun.

Its about his lack of game time this season.

90 minutes against Dunfermline and 90 minutes against a pish Aleshkert that got beat by 10 man Rangers, only because Tavernier couldn't play is not good enough for our International team.

If Aberdeen didn't have a young Scottish right back nobody on here would be giving a fuck. 

Patterson scored 2 goals in 4 games for the Scotland u21s.  Calvin needs to play in the u21 game and show everyone he's good enough to get called up. 

Not sure why everyone is so keen to get him capped so quickly anyway.  As soon as he's capped we'll be struggling to hang on to him. 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

McGinn was better than Ferguson at same age. Only bias/bitterness would blinker Aberdeen fans against this.

he was player of tournament/year for both St Mirren (U20’s) & Hibs first team latterly (& still at very young age) 

Hibs managed to sign him because they nipped in & took serious advantage of the fact he was suing St Mirren & wanted out, Hibs offered fee plus 30%sell on & basically St Mirren had to take it. Hibs we’re very smart on that one much like we were with Ferguson but using his dad’s friendship with our manager. 

Ferguson & McGinn are reasonably similar comparatively at same ages but for me John McGinn has been better at each age level equivalent even though Ferguson had clear advantages in football over McGinn due to his family links.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

O'Donnell will start and was probably always earmarked to start this game. 

He's hardly going to throw Ramsay in for his debut away to Austria when the qualification depends on it. 

If he did that and we got beat folk would be complaining that he'd thrown him under a bus to make Patterson look good.  

All this pish is only because Patterson is a Hun. 

Whole thing reeks of utter BS because Clarke basically said there was no way he would be able to give him game time & basically has insinuated that the Hun is miles ahead of him by giving him priority for no other reason than the fact he’s a Hun actually. 
Fair enough in Denmark/Austria games (if you are of a shitebag mentality like is bred into the Scotland way) but what would have been pretty justifiable would have been to also include Ramsay in Moldova game squad & given them a half each. It was fkn Moldova ffs 

Clarke has been given a bung for Patterson cap v Moldova to justify Gerrards over valuations hype of him this window.

This is how they do things in their mafia football organisation. All fkn scratching each other’s balls.

He would only risk him for the easiest game for best chances of him to look good. Most likely at Huns request, hence his ‘carrying a knock’ now ?

Why does anyone believe the Huns & SFA (ran by arse cheeks) incapable of this sort of thing all of a sudden when it has been the standard operating procedures for pretty much for ever ?

• Haha 1

To say it is just Aberdeen fans bias to say Ramsay is more deserving over Patterson for the Moldova game is just fkn ridiculous because ANY REAL NEUTRAL having watched Ramsay play this season & Patterson basically not having played would say the very same & that Ramsay was far more deserving on current form.

Very least it should have been a half each v Moldovan minnows but if anything else Ramsay by far the more favorable for the slot.