Andy Considine

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Nae much worse. Crutiate ligament recovery takes 4-6 months (longer if you get a coalie bug aff the pitch).

Aye I'm not saying it's not a biggie but what I meant was that it could have been a year out as it looked like a bad one straight away. 

Hopefully rehab is fairly straightforward. He deserves to finish his career on the pitch. 

Gutted for Andy.

Hopefully the club stand by him and give him all the support to get him back to full fitness - an injury like that can be a career finisher.

We’ve had (and still have) perma sick note wage thieves at this club that should be shown the door long before the time it will take for professional like Andy to get back to strength again.

Time for the management to step up and get quality reinforcements for that central defence.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Gutted for Andy.

Hopefully the club stand by him and give him all the support to get him back to full fitness - an injury like that can be a career finisher.

We’ve had (and still have) perma sick note wage thieves at this club that should be shown the door long before the time it will take for professional like Andy to get back to strength again.

Time for the management to step up and get quality reinforcements for that central defence.

That's the one benefit here. Club practically have no choice but to address the lack of centre backs now. 

Glass seemed confident it wasn't a career ender so fingers crossed. 

13 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Gutted for Andy.

Great post

Agree hope he’s back playing, he watches a lot of youth games. Can see him staying with the club in a coaching role. Guy knows this club more than anyone and would be a great addition to the coaching team probably with younger players.

Gutted for the loon though obviously the news isn't entirely unexpected. 

"Out till after Xmas" I'd imagine as being a starting point, I'd be more inclined to say "out till after Easter" will prove more accurate. 

As others have said, hope he manages to get himself fit and pulls on the red jersey once more. And absolutely agree he deserves a coaching role with the club after his contract runs out

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Club should sue those Qarashitbags. (I know, it just came to me)

No way that pitch wasn't a factor. 

Them or UEFA for shifting the game there. Absolute shambles.

I’ve done my cruciate before, took bloody ages till I was back feeling 100% again. Hope we get to see Andy before the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I dont care what you have to say

Committed, yes

Awful?

Yes

Idiot.

He has been unlucky with injuries.Don't think he ever recovered fully from  his leg break at Dundee.

Anybody else think Considene would have made a decent striker.

He was pretty lethal in the box.

Considine has been a great servant to the club and i hope he recovers to full fitness

That said, I agree with what Millertime is saying to an extent. We can't be relying on a mediocre at best centre half coming back from a potentially career ending injury in your early to mid 30's. He had lost whatever pace he had before this injury, cruciate damage isn't going to help that so i reckon that will be him done, If it is i wouldn't be too bothered as i don't rate him that much but that doesn't mean i wish death on him before anyone gets a hard on at this post...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

You thought Nakawali (or whatever he is called) was a good player, because of this, you are not classed as a credible witness.

Do you think Consi could have played at a higher level? Could he have been a 1st pick for the teams that finish above us regularly? 

I predict Considine will play more games than Devlin will between now and the end of the season. 

It may not be a great boast, but he was our best defender last season, and has been our best central defender so far this season even with the great Gallagher in the team who some seem to think is a step up from what we had before (I'm yet to be convinced). 

Also, it's always good to have at least 1 player in the team who actually supports the club. (I know Dean Campbell does too... not sure about young lads like McKenzie and Ramsay...)

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Do you think Consi could have played at a higher level? Could he have been a 1st pick for the teams that finish above us regularly? 

He's a decent player who is on par with a lot of players that Rangers and Celtic have used on a regular basis. 

Could we get better? Of course we could but it could be more miss than hit on our budget.

He's not the best but he's certainly not "awful".

12 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Perhaps not first pick, but Hayes got a game for Celtic... so it is really hard to judge.

No other team has regularly finished above us for years.

Considine was massively let down last season by McInnes who fucked up his chances of a Scotland call up. In a winning team with a winning mentality you can get more out of a player. Case in point, Ojo. 

As I say, Considine let down last season by the manager. You could blame the whole team, but I don't.